News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

The Good Rev: Lost in America.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 04, 2005, 04:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wenchmaster KRight, Quetzalcoatl.

How the hell do you pronounce that?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mangrove

sorry eld - gambatte kudasai. very common japanese expression that sort of means 'please keep going'. they like to encourage people who are having bad or weird days.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviisorry eld - gambatte kudasai. very common japanese expression that sort of means 'please keep going'. they like to encourage people who are having bad or weird days.

Meh.

TGRR,
Needs no encouragment, these days.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Ket-zell-co-attle.  Except really fast and kind of blurring the stuff in the middle.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wenchmaster K

Ket-zell-co-attle.  Except really fast and kind of blurring the stuff in the middle.

Okay.  Now what does this have to do with a stuffed snake and faux feathers on my doorstep?

gnimbley

Okay.  Now what does this have to do with a stuffed snake and faux feathers on my doorstep?

I think the natives are trying to turn you into a god.

Either that or they want revenge for that Cortez thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: gnimbley

I think the natives are trying to turn you into a god.

Either that or they want revenge for that Cortez thing.

Either way, I'm fucked.  :shock:

Mangrove

From: Heaven's Mirror by Graham Hancock (not the best source I know..)

"The Aztecs reported that the source of this doctrine of non-violence and cosmic gnosis was a god-king known as Quetzacoatl - 'the plumed serpent' (quetzacoatl means, literally, 'feathered' or 'plumed', coatl means 'serpent'). He had ruled, they said, in a remote golden age, having come to Mexico from a far-off land with a group of companions. He had taught, quite specifically, that living things were not to be harmed and that human beings were never to be sacrificed, but only 'fruits and flowers of the season'. His cult was absorbed with the mysteries of life beyond death and he was said to have made a journey to the underworld and to have returned to tell the tale."
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiFrom: Heaven's Mirror by Graham Hancock (not the best source I know..)

"The Aztecs reported that the source of this doctrine of non-violence and cosmic gnosis was a god-king known as Quetzacoatl - 'the plumed serpent' (quetzacoatl means, literally, 'feathered' or 'plumed', coatl means 'serpent'). He had ruled, they said, in a remote golden age, having come to Mexico from a far-off land with a group of companions. He had taught, quite specifically, that living things were not to be harmed and that human beings were never to be sacrificed, but only 'fruits and flowers of the season'. His cult was absorbed with the mysteries of life beyond death and he was said to have made a journey to the underworld and to have returned to tell the tale."

Let's see what a reputable source has to say...

(Googling, will be right back)

The Good Reverend Roger

http://weber.ucsd.edu/~anthclub/quetzalcoatl/que.htm

I'm NOT going to fill THAT fucking role.

I saw what they did to him.  Worse than what they did to Jebus.

BADGE OF HONOR

Yeah, but he also established ceremonial drunkenness and sired royal lineages....sounds like some nice perks to me.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wenchmaster KYeah, but he also established ceremonial drunkenness and sired royal lineages....sounds like some nice perks to me.

And he hauled ass when the going got weird...hmmm...

B_M_W

Or it could just be that some local Mexican american wanted to mindfuck you and he ended up succeding.

^__________________________________________________________________________^

~Yurito Sakari~

The Wannabe Buddhist Monk
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_WannabeOr it could just be that some local Mexican american wanted to mindfuck you and he ended up succeding.

^__________________________________________________________________________^

~Yurito Sakari~

The Wannabe Buddhist Monk

Jebus, I hope so.  But why like THIS?

B_M_W

Because they can. Quetzalcoatl is often shown as a feathered serpent. So some guy maybe got drunk with his friends, and decided to pull a prank. So they took a stuffed snake, taped some feathers to it, and put it on your doorstep.

Or they could be sending you a message, that you are angering their god.  :shock:
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.