News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 23, 2015, 07:32:27 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 23, 2015, 06:22:07 PM
Little Orange 3 is up as Little Orange at the End of the World (under the name Roger Penrose), and the story is finally complete and published!

:banana:

You know the thread had me going for a moment when you were like "I just got a couple short stories in here" after the first plot despite being an 80 page thread. Now it's all like "2 more story arcs". I'm buying the books when I get a debit account up and running again, but reading the thread and observing the creative process has been invaluable and a real treat.

Thanks.  I had a lot of fun writing it.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

LMNO

Sung Low

I seem to be living a vicarious lifestyle at the moment.

Well, sweet sweat in a sweat box. I'm better than that.

The d key has chosen to absent itself

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Gone with the Sin on August 23, 2015, 04:17:22 PM
Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on August 23, 2015, 08:05:24 AM
So a while back i agreed to help my friend  move. Typical deal, he promises us pizza and beer to help out. He asked me to keep today clear to help him move, and tells me to be ready for his mom to pick me up at 11. This means i have to forego my saturday morning JKD class. Whatever, fine. anything for a friend. His mom is two hours late in picking me up. While i'm waiting, my folks tell me they're going to Huntington beach today with the cousins, and to forget about my late friend and spend the day with family instead. No i said, i gave my word and damnit i'm gonna hold to it. after waiting almost to the point that I'm about to just get on with the rest of my day, they show up and off we go. We drive out to Fullerton, pack all his heavy solid wood furniture and head out to Whittier around 2pm. As we're doing this, we pass the pizza place he intends to buy pizza from, and i suggest we stop and buy pizza from the place now, as its getting abit late for lunch and loading the truck was rather strenuous. Nah he says, hell get the pizza later.

It's past 8pm tonight, no one has eaten anything since 11am. I fucking snap and say i either want to be taken home or some goddamn food. His dad suggests getting some domino's, my friend responds by insisting we wait for him to pick up pizza from the place we passed, which doesn't deliver. When his dad orders the Domino's to be delivered, he says, "fine, get him his bitch fit pizza" as though i'm the asshole for being hungry after 8 hours of hard sweaty unpaid work. I help unload the last of his shit and leave with my folks, silently fuming. I am madder than i have ever been with this person, and honestly considering never talking to him ever again.

DO IT! BECOME A GOD! YOU DON'T OWE THIS ASSHOLE SHIT!
BECOME A BEAR!
Anyone know a good jake or mindfuck i could pull on him? I have his current address, if that helps.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 24, 2015, 01:59:58 AM
:fap:

Managed to squick myself out a little.

I'm 3 chapters in, I'll be posting part of it in projects.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

And just got paid for shenanigans.  Good for the rest of the calendar year, if I'm careful.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Dok, what in the name of Sam Tarwell are you doing on Facebook that's blowing up my feed?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 25, 2015, 05:12:22 AM
Dok, what in the name of Sam Tarwell are you doing on Facebook that's blowing up my feed?

Science.  We're trying to see how far Zuckerberg can be pushed.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

rong

while camping this weekend with my 5 yr old son, we came up with what is quite possible the world's most difficult tongue twister:

purple gerber gurgle burgers

enjoyw
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Doktor Howl

Tucson Saturday Night is up on Smashwords (previously written here), for $0.99, under "Roger Penrose".

Learn why you hire a cab in Tucson.  You never, never walk.
Molon Lube

Cain

As the editors of Rebel News will no doubt be pleased to hear, I'm almost done on this damnable Kurdish article.  Not sure if the diet is making me feel a bit under the weather (though I did lose 4 pounds in 5 days - success) or I've actually legitimately caught something, but I've felt like crap the last few days.

Fun fact: in 2013, the Supreme Military Command of Turkey had a plot to fake an ISIS attack inside Turkey to justify going to war in Syria.

Chelagoras The Boulder

So after some residual bad feelings over the whole moving fiasco caused me to blow up at my sister(who, as a social worker, diagnoses stuff like this), she recommends talking to a therapist about me possibly having Asbergers.

This is actually starting to really freak me out, especially since the resources shes sending me are starting to make a lot of things make sense. REALLY hoping i'm just reading to much of myself into the descriptions like some kind of overly complicated "Which Game of Thrones Character are You?" test.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."