News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Techno Will Save Your Soul

Started by The Littlest Ubermensch, June 28, 2006, 03:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The CommanderI Discovered Discordianism while involved in the Rave scene back in the mid 90's.  I think the general idea of the experience being shamanistic has some merit,

"Shamanism" is bullshit in its own right.  Mushy-headed new age crap, just another trap set for you by the CoN.

At least that's the official TGRR viewpoint.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: The CommanderI Discovered Discordianism while involved in the Rave scene back in the mid 90's.  I think the general idea of the experience being shamanistic has some merit,

"Shamanism" is bullshit in its own right.  Mushy-headed new age crap, just another trap set for you by the CoN.

beware of the voodoo magic when they walk on coal wiff their feet chakras
neat hell

Subtract Eight!

hey man you can say the same spiritually about any music depending on your preference if you insert another wordset

some debatable examples could be;

pulsing > techno  (edm)
refinement > classical
clever > jazz
direct > rock

something along those lines.
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Felix

I change my musics based on what i'm doing.

Working = Explosive energy music (Rock, some techno, movie themes)
Playing = nfskioedjnfQS;OFHIOP=

Fuckit, I won't classify them all.  I'll just say: Base it in the fives.  CHS, DSC, CON, BCY, AFM.

It's all decodable.

The Commander

Whatever dude.  It's your karma.

*Evil snicker*

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

East Coast Hustle

civilizations that have placed any sort of stock in Shamanism have fared REALLY well throughout history.

no, really.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Commander

Whatever dude.  It's your karma.

*Evil snicker*

The Commander
DIA

Karma is the biggest joke in the religious history of the world.

TGRR,
Will not lose any sleep over this.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Littlest Ubermensch

Karma is the biggest joke in the religious history of the world.

TGRR,
Will not lose any sleep over this.

I agree. Karma and all other ideas that say if you screw up now you'll pay for it after you die have got to be the biggest load of crap I've ever heard of. It's all a part of the fiction of all organized religion.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

East Coast Hustle

I'd like to submit myself as living proof that karma does NOT exist.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

B_M_W

Karma is a poor substitute for Physics.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

The Commander

Ok...first of all...it was a joke.

Second of all, you are all missing the point of karma.

Karma is merely a way to impress upon people that their actions have consequences.  Every little thing you do has an affect on the world somehow.  In most cases it is a matter of affecting people you come in contact with.  It's not about making the "right" decision, or even the decision that causes the least harm to everyone, it is about accepting responsibility for the consequences that your decisions have.  These consequences often affect you in return. You can make any decision you want, so long as you are prepared and willing to accept the consequences that result from it.

I always try to make decisions that result in me eating pie.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

putz

Consequence:  Your belly gains Buddah nature.  :wink:
You really are children here I cant believe it???

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: The CommanderOk...first of all...it was a joke.

Second of all, you are all missing the point of karma.

Karma is merely a way to impress upon people that their actions have consequences.  Every little thing you do has an affect on the world somehow.  In most cases it is a matter of affecting people you come in contact with.  It's not about making the "right" decision, or even the decision that causes the least harm to everyone, it is about accepting responsibility for the consequences that your decisions have.  These consequences often affect you in return. You can make any decision you want, so long as you are prepared and willing to accept the consequences that result from it.

I always try to make decisions that result in me eating pie.

The Commander
DIA

Then comes the parts where someone says "But if you do this, karma will kick into overdrive and (some desirable or undesirable outcome) will happen." Once the idea of Karma is accepted, a person who claims authority on the non apparent consequences of your actions can say that anything he/she doesn't like will result in a huge Karmic backlash, and the person listening is thrown into the "If I don't believe, they may be wrong and I'll have lived a full life, but it's also possible that they're right and I'll be damned for an eternity" problem. Suddenly an enforcement of the caste system like in India occurs, as the priests claim the poor were there because of their past fuckups, you'll be poor if you aren't "good" as well (which involves not helping the poor), and that the rulers had already proven themselves to be wonderful people in past lives. It's all the same BS.

Although I must admit, if plans for the karmic obtaining of pie were availible, I'd jump at the opportunity to blindly swallow dogma for the greater good of pie.
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Commander
Karma is merely a way to impress upon people that their actions have consequences.  

I refute this.

Ken Lay died in his sleep this morning, having not served a single day in prison.

Owned.

maphdet

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-