Official Discordian Document Numbering System REDISCOVERED!

Started by Telarus, January 04, 2011, 09:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Hrm. I don't get it? Or is that because of the link you edited out by Archiver's request??

So you use the table on the page with the POEE Disorganisational Matrix.

So how does that work with the ODD# on this page, which has ODD# II/2,xii;68Chs3136 on it.

((btw there is another ODD# on this page, but the image is kinda small so I can't read it. I shall have to consult my hardcopy, which is at home))

II means it's from "THE HOUSE OF THE RISING COLLAPSE". It's got no subsection on it, so I guess it's just generally "For the Encouragement of Liberation of Freedom, and/or the Discouragement of the Immanentizing of the Eschaton" ?

2,xii I don't get this one. From your explanation I assumed you look it up in the POEE Disorganisational Matrix again, but there is no list with twelve items in it?

68Chs3136 68th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3136, translates to March 9th, 1970.

So, what's up with the 2,xii bit?

Additionally, what is up with the "**link removed due to polite request from the Archivist**" bit? Isn't all this shit supposed to be kopyleft? Is the "Archivist" Adam Gorightly? Or DrJon? If he asked you to remove the link, maybe you can put up the info that is at that link someplace else and link to that?

Or is the relevant table to be found in the 1st Ed. Principia Discordia? What was the link to that again? -- Ah I see, DrJon took that away too. As well as the ultra secret Bavarian Illuminati memos :|
BAH!, I say. I should have grabbed and downloaded these wonderfully old scans of ancient documents and resurfaced Discordian secrets for my own archive when I had the chance :-(

BTW, I just read that PD1 apparently most probably isn't actually kopyleft/public domain, and therefore DrJon released it under a Creative Commons Non-Commercial license. Though his reasoning why it's not kopyleft isn't terribly clear to me, he just states he's really certain that it isn't because it predates the concept and therefore is probably controlled by either Hill or Thornley estates--yet apparently releasing it as CC BY-NC-SA 2.5 is perfectly fine? That doesn't make sense.
And apparently the PD1 was found in a "paper trail" concerning the JFK assassination as part of the file on Kerry Thornley. Okay. And apparently you can request the US Gov to see into these archives? How's that work?

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Turns out Syn put a PDF version of the PD1 on Scribd

http://www.scribd.com/doc/27611396/Principia-Discordia-1st-Edition

I still don't understand how there can be a twelve in the ODD#, though.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

Hey Trip, thanks for bringing these up. I'll look into it the ODD#s.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Fractalbeard

Could it be that the gaps were intentionally left blank to fill in later (or out of laziness)?
Also, on page 00017 of the 1st edition, there seems to be another rendition of the system.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Fractalbeard

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 20, 2011, 02:16:13 PM
((btw there is another ODD# on this page, but the image is kinda small so I can't read it. I shall have to consult my hardcopy, which is at home))

It looks to me like O.D.D. IIb/vi,1;37D.VVM;3134, although it is fuzzy even when magnified.

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Gorightly

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 20, 2011, 02:31:38 PM

Hi folks,

I have a copy of the 1st edition of The Principia Discordia. It was Greg Hill's copy that was passed on to me, and it is nothing like what is posted at the above link, which is kind of a smattering of a few things from the 1st edition, mixed up with some other archival Discordian material Dr. Jon posted back in the day, and then later I asked him to do me a favor and take it down, which he did, as it will be among of the material in the History of Discordianism book I am working on...my reason for having the material taken down is that I didn't want to have it coopted and then presented in a form that was not in context with how the material was originally presented ...anywho, the numbering system was NOT in place during the first edition, except on a couple pages in the back of the book....

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Gorightly on November 17, 2012, 04:06:08 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 20, 2011, 02:31:38 PM

Hi folks,

I have a copy of the 1st edition of The Principia Discordia. It was Greg Hill's copy that was passed on to me, and it is nothing like what is posted at the above link, which is kind of a smattering of a few things from the 1st edition, mixed up with some other archival Discordian material Dr. Jon posted back in the day, and then later I asked him to do me a favor and take it down, which he did, as it will be among of the material in the History of Discordianism book I am working on...my reason for having the material taken down is that I didn't want to have it coopted and then presented in a form that was not in context with how the material was originally presented ...anywho, the numbering system was NOT in place during the first edition, except on a couple pages in the back of the book....

Heyyy, that's cool that there's still an intact 1st edition! Rock on!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Gorightly

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cake, I'm working on getting all this material out there, it's just a long process....One of the most interesting finds are the actual pasteup pages that Greg Hill constructed for the 4th ed PD. This will be a book project and ultimately we'd like to have these on display, but that part of it is an expensive proposition, displaying the materials, and also preserving them...as these projects emerge I will post updates here.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Gorightly on November 19, 2012, 04:36:08 AM

Cake, I'm working on getting all this material out there, it's just a long process....One of the most interesting finds are the actual pasteup pages that Greg Hill constructed for the 4th ed PD. This will be a book project and ultimately we'd like to have these on display, but that part of it is an expensive proposition, displaying the materials, and also preserving them...as these projects emerge I will post updates here.

That is super-awesome, thanks for updating us!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."