News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Why I hate the future.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 26, 2008, 03:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anch

Quote from: Cainad on May 26, 2008, 10:46:48 PM
lol did I just say something profound?

Oh. I thought you alluded to the way the bible treats sex;
"And Abraham knew his wife Wosshername, and begot Isaac" etc etc
help I'm trapped in a online-personality-machine and can't escargh

Daruko

The Good Reverend Roger

What does this have to do with the topic?

Feel free to start your own topic.

Thanks.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Daruko

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 27, 2008, 05:52:03 PM

Thanks.

I thought it seemed in context with these posts, but I can repost it in a new thread if you still disagree.

Quote from: TGRROkay, so time travel is theoretically possible.  Given that, eventually someone will DO it.

So where are they?

Where are the ungrateful bastards?  Why don't they ever visit?  Have they no respect for their illustrious forefathers?

Quote from: Roobecause if you fuck with shit from the past, you could conceivably screw yourself out of a future. Or something.

Quote from: Dr.Pataphoros,SpDIt's a good idea to take care of the future, just in case reverse causality is true and we create our own species in the past from the future.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: daruko on May 27, 2008, 05:59:52 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 27, 2008, 05:52:03 PM

Thanks.

I thought it seemed in context with these posts, but I can repost it in a new thread if you still disagree.

I still disagree.  This thread is about hating my descendants, not the theory of time travel.

Thanks in advance for starting your own thread.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Thurnez Isa

you know you ruined the joke daruko
:sad:
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Daruko

Adjective Noun

:lol: they probably WOULD want to be here, just to slap the assholes that fucked up their time. TGRR - Pioneer of starting chronological wars!

Reginald Ret

ehmmm TGRR you do know you're not human right?
and any kids you have would be hybrids and most hybrids are infertile.
this proves that timetravel won't be available for 2 more generations.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

BootyBay

Assume time travel is possible and future generations are doing it.

There are still many unknowns, such as: is time a continuous variable which only flows 1-dimensionally (and in one direction)?  Or is time more flexible, allowing for alternate universes where a time traveler would be able to access one and not affect his starting universe?  Is time a universal quantity (universal across the assumed many universes) or is it specific to each "reality?"  Is time even dependent on direction at all or is that just our perception? 

I don't really know, but I'd say that time is more complex than just a 1-dimensional object, and tends to branch off into alternate realities every now and then.  Loosely speaking, there is an established concept of "imaginary time" related to this, but I'm not familiar with it (Stephan Hawking likes to babble about it now and then). 
There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.

BootyBay

There are two kinds of people in this world.. Winners and losers.. I think we know which kind you are.