News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

The Last Whiskey Bar

Started by Suu, December 04, 2012, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 24, 2012, 02:08:23 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 24, 2012, 01:33:54 PM
While you're at it, sue Steve Jackson.  Just because.

Well, it WAS the SJ version of the Principia that I discovere and I DO remember my wife giving me some strange looks when I was trying to explainit to her.  I'm gonna take him to the cleaners!

Discordianism contributed to the demise of your marriage. Case closed. Check cashed!  :banana:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cainad (dec.)

So Discordianism is responsible for ruining traditional marriage in America, a role that's been attributed to The Gays...

Does that make The Gays a front for Discordianism?!

:omg:

Suu

I'm already drinking.

Here we go...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

I'm spending Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with ex Mrs. RWHN. 

Is there another stool at the bar?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

I'll survive.  It won't be the same as Christmas' past, for sure, but, as long as the kids have a great couple of days that's all that matters, adults just have to suck it up. 

Also, we have our first court date next month, so I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Reginald Ret

Oh Fuckdammit.
I was really planning to enjoy being an antisocial hermit this christmas, but my mom is already guilt-tripping me into coming for dinner. Saying that i said i would or something. If i cared i would have remembered! No that is not true, i care a great deal. It's just that i care a lot about NOT seeing family this time of year.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: :regret: on December 24, 2012, 08:22:54 PM
Oh Fuckdammit.
I was really planning to enjoy being an antisocial hermit this christmas, but my mom is already guilt-tripping me into coming for dinner. Saying that i said i would or something. If i cared i would have remembered! No that is not true, i care a great deal. It's just that i care a lot about NOT seeing family this time of year.

My mom used to pull that kind of shit on me all the time. She is, in fact, personally and directly responsible for my deep and abiding loathing of Christmas and is the reason I swore off it altogether. I associate Christmas with guilt-tripping, misery, and family drama.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 24, 2012, 08:28:46 PM
Oh Fuckdammit.

My mom used to pull that kind of shit on me all the time. She is, in fact, personally and directly responsible for my deep and abiding loathing of Christmas and is the reason I swore off it altogether. I associate Christmas with guilt-tripping, misery, and family drama.

Ditto. 

I'm only putting up with Christmas this year (we do family xmas on Christmas Eve) is so I can be a hermit or go to the Christmas potluck at the game store tomorrow.

Cainad (dec.)

I've realized, after switching avatars back on, that I can't take my own posts seriously because of this glorious picture of me being purple and having static-y round eyes.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on December 24, 2012, 08:34:25 PM
I've realized, after switching avatars back on, that I can't take my own posts seriously because of this glorious picture of me being purple and having static-y round eyes.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

EK WAFFLR

I got a vintage rapier for Xmas. A fucking rapier. Happy now.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Salty

I had a gigantic screaming-match with my mom, it's been nearly ten years since one of those.

But it's all good now and everybody is going to have happy craft-cookie-TACO-christmas or I WILL SERENELY ACCEPT MY LOVED-ONE'S DIFFERENCES.

I can't wait to make those holyday cards.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on December 24, 2012, 08:28:46 PM
Oh Fuckdammit.

The strange thing is that i enjoy spending time with my family.
It is just that the guilt tripping thing is annoying as fuck, if me saying 'no' is not an option, why ask at all?
Oh, and not unimportant: I like having a choice in where i will be on a specific date for the next 1000 years. In fact that is my main problem with these situations. No matter how much i like something, if i can see myself doing it for ALL ETERNITY WITHOUT ESCAPE i start resenting the repetition even if it hasn't repeated itself yet. Sysiphus' torture was not the weight of the stone, or the height of the hill or even the horrible pointlessness of it all(after all, that is hilarious). It was knowing that it would never end, regardless of what he did or thought.
Give sysiphus the option to walk away from the boulder but never being able to forget about it, always feeling responsible for getting that boulder up that hill, constantly being disappointed in himself for not rolling that boulder up the hill, and just knowing that his mom is very disappointed in him and you have an accurate description of my personal hell life.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Waffles, Viking Princess of Northern Belgium on December 24, 2012, 10:24:16 PM
I got a vintage rapier for Xmas. A fucking rapier. Happy now.
That is cool!
I got a banjo, a bible and a huge bottle of mead. I'm quite happy now too.