News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

Mutants and Mastermins anyone?

Started by Requia ☣, October 26, 2010, 05:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

My gadget guy is almost finished. He'll be able to provide tech toys etc to buff other heroes.. plus maybe a couple tricks of his own ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Wizard

Pretty much got my Weather Controller/Tanker finished. Looking to be a fun character to play.
Insanity we trust.

Brotep

Quote from: eighteen buddha strike on November 08, 2010, 05:07:56 PM
Quote from: Aleister Growly on November 08, 2010, 06:31:11 AM
I've come up with a substantially funnier idea: a character with extra detachable arms who carries them around in a briefcase.

I was considering something along those lines myself, the "detachable limb" power has a lot of potential, especially when combined with say... cloning.
Interesting, I guess the GM would have to answer the question of whether a duplicate's limb can be attached to the PC.

Mostly I just love the idea of detaching a spare arm and beating somebody over the head with it. He should probably be a juggler, too. A man who can juggle his own arms is truly unstoppable.

QuoteRight now I'm thinking of going the route of a parapalegic/comatose with high levels of astral projection and mental powers, seems a bit min-maxy, but unless I have a better idea by the time I finish my coffee this morning... I'll probably stat it out.
That reminds me of a character concept I never implemented, called "The Sleepwalker". In a waking state he's just your average human being, perhaps even below average. Maybe he's possessed or something, but he has tremendous powers that only come out when he's unconscious. So he'll wander into a situation where he's hopelessly outclassed, get conked on the head, and suddenly start kicking ass and taking names.

eighteen buddha strike

Quote from: Aleister Growly on November 08, 2010, 11:07:27 PM
QuoteRight now I'm thinking of going the route of a parapalegic/comatose with high levels of astral projection and mental powers, seems a bit min-maxy, but unless I have a better idea by the time I finish my coffee this morning... I'll probably stat it out.
That reminds me of a character concept I never implemented, called "The Sleepwalker". In a waking state he's just your average human being, perhaps even below average. Maybe he's possessed or something, but he has tremendous powers that only come out when he's unconscious. So he'll wander into a situation where he's hopelessly outclassed, get conked on the head, and suddenly start kicking ass and taking names.

Uh, you know that there actually is a Marvel character called the Sleepwalker who is pretty similar to exactly what you described, actually he's a weird otherworldly being who posesses the body of a mild-mannered college student, and can only manifest when that guy is asleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalker_%28comics%29

eighteen buddha strike

Although, to be fair, I'm sure my idea is somewhat derivative as well... I'm not sure of what, but I'm sure its been done before.

I've really always wanted to play a Somnambulancer in a Mage game. I figured it would be pretty hilarious to have a character whose focus for everything is being asleep, and therefore is rarely actually physically present to get things done.

"Yeah, Ok guys, I think I can help you break into that warehouse. I just gotta go home and take some ambien, call me in the morning, let me know how it went."

Requia ☣

I'm 100% positive my idea has been done before.

I have no idea by who, but its been done.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Wizard

Hell, I know mine has. My character is kind of what Thor would have been like if he'd been turned into a dull, unobtrusive, pining office worker rather than Doctor McDreamy. And if he was more like the mythological Thor.
Insanity we trust.

Brotep

Quote from: eighteen buddha strike on November 09, 2010, 02:33:37 AM

Uh, you know that there actually is a Marvel character called the Sleepwalker who is pretty similar to exactly what you described, actually he's a weird otherworldly being who posesses the body of a mild-mannered college student, and can only manifest when that guy is asleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleepwalker_%28comics%29

I do now. Guess it's just not that clever a concept. But it would be funny as hell for roleplaying.

Triple Zero

Mostly I just love the idea of detaching a spare arm and beating somebody over the head with it.

Also, think of the puns man .. the PUNS

QuoteHe should probably be a juggler, too. A man who can juggle his own arms is truly unstoppable.

:lulz:

haaahahahaha that's awesome :D

So you can basically just cook up any sort of superhero you can think of? Damn, sounds like I should get my old roleplaying group back together. I don't think I'll have time to join this online game, though. But I will watch from the sidelines with interest.

Someone might want to consider playing Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, master of "Hanage Shinken" (Divine Fist of the Nosehair). A dim-witted, neurotic, and completely unpredictable man. He has a big blonde afro, bit of a mustache, and often wears sunglasses. He fights the forces of evil using his nose hair calling it his "Fist of the Nose Hair" and "Snot Fo-You" technique: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobobo-bo_Bo-bobo_(character)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

President Television

Just to let everyone know, I'm still interested. I just have to acquire the books.

EDIT: I have books. Will travel. By which I mean generate a character. I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but I'm thinking maybe a hero with water-bear-derived mutations, who is slow and weak but can survive anything.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard

QuoteJust to let everyone know, I'm still interested. I just have to acquire the books.

http://www.4shared.com/

I got pdf copies of pretty much every book at this site. Its free and most of the stuff is pretty good quality. Lots of RPGs here. Should have what you need, Dok.
Insanity we trust.

President Television

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on November 10, 2010, 02:21:46 AM
QuoteJust to let everyone know, I'm still interested. I just have to acquire the books.

http://www.4shared.com/

I got pdf copies of pretty much every book at this site. Its free and most of the stuff is pretty good quality. Lots of RPGs here. Should have what you need, Dok.

Thanks. I found what I needed on my own, but that site should be really useful. I'll bookmark it.

EDIT: I'm out. Tomorrow, my stepfather's cutting off my internet access because he thinks I'm online too much and in his world the absolute solution is always the best one. I'm too much of a pussy to stand up to him, so I'm not likely to get it back any time soon. All that I have to say is that I hate myself for allowing this to happen. I'm not worthy of calling myself a Discordian.

EDIT EDIT: I'm back in. I traded Internet access for my hair. He was going to take it anyway, so I figured I might as well glean some benefit out of it. Character building is going well, though I've been considering going with a David Bowie themed hero instead.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Requia ☣

Iggy Stardust David Bowie, Jareth David Bowie, or Venture Brothers David Bowie?

Don Coyote

Quote from: Requia ☣ on November 13, 2010, 01:09:05 AM
Iggy Stardust David Bowie, Jareth David Bowie, or Venture Brothers David Bowie?

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

Requia ☣

He's in (or a voice actor impersonating him probably) a few episodes.