News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Discordia and Christianity

Started by Paiyaku, October 07, 2008, 04:15:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 09, 2008, 01:34:38 PM
Cohesive?

If you try reading it as if only one person is talking, it's like looking into the mind of a schizophrenic.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on October 09, 2008, 07:37:19 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 09, 2008, 01:34:38 PM
Cohesive?

If you try reading it as if only one person is talking, it's like looking into the mind of a schizophrenic.

:lulz:

The PD.com Discordian Hivemind speaks!

Iron Sulfide

Ya' stupid Yank.

LMNO

Whoah. That was like, VERBATIM.

I think we got trolled.

Which pisses me off because we PMd a bunch of stuff. And it's for naught.

Valerie - Gone

At least we got something out of it, though. More than we can usually say when we get trolled.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself. -Socrates

Jasper

Quote from: Felix on October 07, 2008, 04:36:58 AM
Quote from: Paiyaku on October 07, 2008, 04:23:45 AM
lol, this is what I was talking about. Is there anyone on here that is human enough still to give me a straight answer?

Here's the straightest answer you'll likely get after a post like that:

We don't worship madness.  We don't even generally approve of madness, unless you're especially good at it.  What most of us do approve of is a practice known as thinking for yourself.  What it means to be a Discordian is fairly mutable, but what we're definitely not is moral relativists or stark raving loonies.  

To answer your question, there are NO RULES in Discordianism.  Not even the part about it being a religion.  Not even the part about it being a Joke.  Where there are rules is in Christianity, which affirm that Apostates are totally fucked and can never get into heaven.  Enjoy your ban.

That said, I am fairly certain you are a troll.  

Who called it?

Oh yeah, me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on October 10, 2008, 03:51:52 AM
Quote from: Felix on October 07, 2008, 04:36:58 AM
Quote from: Paiyaku on October 07, 2008, 04:23:45 AM
lol, this is what I was talking about. Is there anyone on here that is human enough still to give me a straight answer?

Here's the straightest answer you'll likely get after a post like that:

We don't worship madness.  We don't even generally approve of madness, unless you're especially good at it.  What most of us do approve of is a practice known as thinking for yourself.  What it means to be a Discordian is fairly mutable, but what we're definitely not is moral relativists or stark raving loonies. 

To answer your question, there are NO RULES in Discordianism.  Not even the part about it being a religion.  Not even the part about it being a Joke.  Where there are rules is in Christianity, which affirm that Apostates are totally fucked and can never get into heaven.  Enjoy your ban.

That said, I am fairly certain you are a troll. 

Who called it?

Oh yeah, me.

Wait.  What?  You banned him?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Nobody's gone banning, AFAIK.  I'm pretty sure I don't even have that power.

I was basically just saying I told you so about Paiyaku being a troll.

the last yatto

either that or he has Alzheimer's
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Dr Goofy

See my post on paiyaku in his Christian chat thread... I am to tired to make it again.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Paiyaku on October 07, 2008, 04:14:57 PMhow do I know if I'm Discordian or not?

Basically, you can just flip a coin.

If it comes up heads or tails, you're using a coin-flip to determine your religion, and you're probably a Discordian (or, respectively, not).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Abramelin

Quote from: triple zero on October 10, 2008, 07:50:56 AM
Quote from: Paiyaku on October 07, 2008, 04:14:57 PMhow do I know if I'm Discordian or not?

Basically, you can just flip a coin.

If it comes up heads or tails, you're using a coin-flip to determine your religion, and you're probably a Discordian (or, respectively, not).

You did not read the post above yours, did you?  Dear 000!  :lulz: :lulz:

Triple Zero

i just wanted to drop in my five eurocents.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Abramelin