News:

PD.com: Trimming your hair in accordance with the anarchoprimitivist lifestyle

Main Menu

Irans nuke technology increases.

Started by Adios, January 08, 2011, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Iran's nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi says his country is now capable of making the fuel plates and rods used inside nuclear reactors.

Western analysts have previously said the Islamic republic did not possess such technology.

The US and other Western nations suspect that Iran is attempting to build nuclear weapons.

Tehran strongly denies the accusation, saying its nuclear programme is for peaceful civilian purposes.

Mr Salehi told Fars news agency that Iran had completed construction of a facility in the city of Isfahan to produce the plates and rods.

"We have built an advanced manufacturing unit in the Isfahan site for the fuel plates," Mr Salehi, who is also acting foreign minister, told Fars news agency.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12143171

Posturing or fact? I can never tell with those guys.

Cain

Salehi is a slimy little bastard who I wouldn't turn my back on for a second.  He's not necessarily lying, but that is the kind of personality you're talking about here.  He's often considered the intellectual among the President's cadre of loyal supporters, to give you an idea of where his alleigance lies.

Incidentally, just a few hours ago, Israeli officials said that Iran didn't have the tech, that sanctions were working and that they didn't expect Iran to have the bomb until at least 2015.  Was this done intentionally to rile the Israelis?  I wouldn't be adverse to placing a small money bet on it being the case.

Adios

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2011, 04:35:07 PM
Salehi is a slimy little bastard who I wouldn't turn my back on for a second.  He's not necessarily lying, but that is the kind of personality you're talking about here.  He's often considered the intellectual among the President's cadre of loyal supporters, to give you an idea of where his alleigance lies.

Incidentally, just a few hours ago, Israeli officials said that Iran didn't have the tech, that sanctions were working and that they didn't expect Iran to have the bomb until at least 2015.  Was this done intentionally to rile the Israelis?  I wouldn't be adverse to placing a small money bet on it being the case.

Good. It felt like posturing. probably as a chip in the bargaining process.

Cain

Israeli estimates are always incredibly inflated anyway.  I think Iran has been three years from having the bomb since 1992 according to Mossad  :lulz:

Adios

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2011, 04:42:21 PM
Israeli estimates are always incredibly inflated anyway.  I think Iran has been three years from having the bomb since 1992 according to Mossad  :lulz:

The damn vulture lied again.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 08, 2011, 04:45:13 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2011, 04:42:21 PM

The damn vulture lied again.

:spittake:

Maybe it's a double agent.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS