News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Ventura sues DHS

Started by Adios, January 25, 2011, 05:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 25, 2011, 09:37:00 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 25, 2011, 09:30:56 PM
meh, go ahead and demonize  him,

So, the truth about someone is "demonizing" that person?

However, having done a bit of digging, I have confused Ventura with a Wisconsin governor, and so it wasn't the truth.  Argument retracted.

This post.  The one you quoted.  The one that followed the statement quoted above.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cramulus

alright, to me it looked like the claim that this was a publicity stunt was separate from the claim that he hates roads and schools. You retracted the roads and schools bit, it wasn't clear to me that the publicity stunt point was automatically retracted too. My bad.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, I think then that I'll just bow out of this conversation.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Can't it be a publicity stunt, a defense of our privacy, a play for personal gain, and a fight for constitutional rights all at the same time?

I mean, really.

Slyph

He just wants the DHS off his back whenever he decides to lug that minigun around to remind us that he was in a boring film ninety years ago.

Adios

Quote from: Slyph on January 26, 2011, 01:54:49 PM
He just wants the DHS off his back whenever he decides to lug that minigun around to remind us that he was in a boring film ninety years ago.

Maybe he understands the fucking constitution and wants strange people to stop groping him.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 26, 2011, 01:44:23 PM
Can't it be a publicity stunt, a defense of our privacy, a play for personal gain, and a fight for constitutional rights all at the same time?

I mean, really.

Yea, this. At least it seems like a step in the right direction, whatever his motivations. And frankly, his "celebrity" and his financial resources (which I imagine are at least more significant than your average Joe Schmoe) will likely enable him to put more of a spotlight on the issue and to throw more money and lawyers at the case, moreso than the average person who probably couldn't maintain a lawyer to keep throwing paperwork back at the opposing side, who will likely just try to bury you in paperwork and procedure before the case even goes anywhere. Even it is a losing battle and even if he is doing it for publicity, maybe it will help turn a public eye back to the issue (publicity's not always bad) because, hey, Someone From TV is in trouble!
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Slyph

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 26, 2011, 02:47:15 PM

Maybe he understands the fucking constitution and wants strange people to stop groping him.

My mistake, he's a true blue patriot and this is are country etc. Didn't mean to tread on the jingo baby. Keep on not messing with texas while truckin. (P.S. they're searching you for weapons and explosives)

Adios

Quote from: Slyph on January 26, 2011, 06:16:29 PM

My mistake, he's a true blue patriot and this is are country etc. Didn't mean to tread on the jingo baby. Keep on not messing with texas while truckin. (P.S. they're searching you for weapons and explosives)

You're a fucking idiot.

Slyph

I'm an idiot, you're right, I didn't properly read the article, :( Shit. No. I'm with him. I saw who the article was referring to, and lept to a LOT of conclusions

Adios

And I am a little touchy right now, sorry.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, I see that you have been keeping your standard-issue, jaded cynicism in fine working order.

The Good Reverend Roger

Jesus H Christ. 

I give up on this one.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 26, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Jesus H Christ. 

I give up on this one.

Not yet, he retracted.

Slyph

Nah, you were absolutely in the right. It was just a sad case of blue-on-blue. I have a scheme going in the other window that requires me to post a lot of low volume white noise to a forum.

No, considering that he's a disabled frequent flier, what the fuck? I'm hearing about a lot of poor fucks with ostomy bags getting a hard time too. One young guy, bladder cancer outpatient, ended up soaked in his own piss, and they didn't even give him fresh clothes.