Just 'cause this is a Discordian board doesn't mean we eat up dada bullshit

Main Menu

I'm at Oz Kink Fest, ask me anything

Started by Placid Dingo, September 19, 2011, 02:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: Iptuous on September 19, 2011, 04:13:21 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on September 19, 2011, 04:04:03 PM
Just came back from an Impact Play course. Got to see a handful of different spanking techniques applies an pay around with using different whips. It takes a lot of energy to swing one properly. Again the interesting thing for me was the psychology of the action; they said that if you increase your partners stress they will feel the pain less intensely. If you increase their fear/anxiety (in the given example, by using an inturruoted or unpredictable pattern of hitting) they will experience the pain with greater intensity.

could you expand on that?  in the context of spanking, i would think that the stress one experiences is the fear/anxiety.
surely, they don't mean that if you want to tone down the pain a notch, you should remind the recipient that he or she has a large report due at their work tomorrow?   :lol:

Adrenaline naturally increases your pain threshold.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cramulus

my guess is that he's referring to how restrictive the ropes are, having to sit in an uncomfortable position, having to remember some kind of rules or protocol .. that sort of stuff is stressful but doesn't produce adrenaline.

Elder Iptuous

Hmm... experimentation is required.
*scribbling on clipboard*
"I vant you to rrreport ze pain zat you feel on a scale of vun to NEIN!, ok?"

Triple Zero

"NEIN!"

"Aber warum nicht?"

"NEIEIEIEIEIEIEEIEIEIEIEIN!!!!"

"Ach so, ich sollte die Klepfstrudel von das Augenstrimmgespanmittelnetz nimmen."
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Constant pain=ability to reframe experience=new pain shifted downwards, relatively.

Variant pain=no ability to reframe=Anxious anticipation=new pain shifted up due to fear.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 20, 2011, 04:12:26 AM
Constant pain=ability to reframe experience=new pain shifted downwards, relatively.

Variant pain=no ability to reframe=Anxious anticipation=new pain shifted up due to fear.

Now that you mention it, that's pretty much exactly what he said.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Placid Dingo

Came back from bondage for sex. Really focussed on the technical aspects this course. Essentially in Shibari (Japanese style rope bondage), there's a minimal number of techniques out of which most things are built. Also patterns should reflect nature as much as possible. I've always used jute, but I had the chance to examine a hemp rope for the first time and was pretty impressed. Worked with one and two column ties mostly, and did a thigh tie (this is the one that there's a lot of rope shifted for aesthetic reasons, avoiding 'unnatural' rectangles.)

Placid Dingo

Last update.

Went to the expo part, basically just a bunch of stalls. Fashion show followed by a few acts I didnt see much of (at one point a man swung a toolbox from his nipples). Did stay to watch a Weimar Republix style burlesque striptease which was wonderful.

There was also a moment where I looked to the side to see a man with dreadlocks and a furry in cutoffs cleaning a man in an inflated latex ball.

We stayed in the end for a 'play party' which was apparently very tame compared to standard fare. Ther were two performances; one girl that I met previously at the Polyamory talks was tied up and flogged and then... Electric shocked with a cattle prod which was world of what the fuck. I talked to her before the performance though and she was obviously into the whole thing.

There was another performance. Two women dressed as preists with strap ons smeared eachother with glitter and danced across a series if simulated sex acts to the music of Celene Dion.

There was a lot of surreality, often going from seeing a spanking to a naked woman on a leash dancing for a man dressed as the devil to a man in a latex possum outfit. Eventually it was too cold for either of us to get involved in anything, so we made our way home.