News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?

Started by Vanadium Gryllz, February 23, 2016, 02:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMIX

I'm just waiting for both the Turkish Army and President Erdoğan to announce that they are in talks with Angela Merkel to to expedite Turkish membership of the EU. Well I could do with a good laugh
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

Wait for the 9am shoddy statement from Boris for that.

Memo to self to quotemine leave/remain remarks RE turkey. Some seem to have prior knowledge
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

Eagle quits labour leader run.
No bets on who she may back.

Hey Cain, care to take stab at possible outcomes here? I'm not even sure where to start
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Junkenstein

UK apparently trying to do some kind of trade deal with china. Considering how much internal propaganda is kicking around in china regarding "unequal treaties" extending back to the opium wars, I can only assume that this is China's big chance to get nice and even. Calling it now that any such deal will be massively weighted in one sides favour and this side will not be the UK. I'm pretty confident in this as China recently totally fucked the UK steel market and that's not really a talking point any more. Small bet on building sector to take the next hit.

Faust

And that's not even counting the flight of the doves happening with the financials right now.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Junkenstein

I'm sorry, I thought we were pretending that wasn't happening?

LMNO

"Flight of the doves"?  That sounds dramatic.

Faust

When a country becomes unfavourable to big industry or the rich, and they withdraw their wealth en masse. For instance a country trying to close the wage gap by increasing taxes on the rich can end up with a net loss when the rich remove their money from the country.

I'm not sure where the name comes from.

In this case most every financial institution that deals with day to day transactions within the EU would suddenly have all kinds of red tape on their transactions, potentially reduced client base,  and added complexity on its own assets. As such all of them are either threatening to relocate, or have already started the process.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Capital investor and industry flight, basically.  Because being located in the UK will no longer mean guaranteed access to the EU market, banks are looking at shifting to Dublin or Frankfurt, for example.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

Quote from: Faust on July 26, 2016, 02:04:50 AMI'm not sure where the name comes from.

Indeed. Why doves? If I had to choose an organism, intestinal flora would be more apt. Absolutely disgusting, yet their absence will cause problems.
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Junkenstein

QuoteIn this case most every financial institution that deals with day to day transactions within the EU would suddenly have all kinds of red tape on their transactions, potentially reduced client base,  and added complexity on its own assets. As such all of them are either threatening to relocate, or have already started the process.

I've taken on work within the EU, from the UK. There were certain things that were an utter ballache but nothing that I couldn't actually deal with. The biggest headaches were tax and transport. I wasn't doing transactions daily, but multiple ones weekly once the projects were rolling.

All 3 clients out there now literally cannot work with me now unless I move out there, setup and undertake the work as a french/dutch/german firm as we both just don't know what the situation is likely to be with multiple things. Clients are pretty pissed off as it's a diktat from on high and they'd prefer to use me. Unfortunately, it's pretty much impossible to tell what a fair deal is likely to be for when the work commences and that fucks me out of the entire bidding/tender process.

So fucking thanks the 52% of you that have just cost me I don't even know how the fuck much. Your bullshit reasoning and paying attention to nonsense lies have fucked up a very good thing because you can't deal with hearing the odd fucking accent in an ASDA.

I am not a happy man today.

MMIX

But . . . the Sovereignty . . . think of the Sovereignty. We've taken back Control. Surely that's worth a few quid?

Well the sovereignty and banana shaped bananas, yanno?

also:- really sorry to hear about the hit you're taking, Junkenstein.  They keep saying 'We have to respect the views of our fellow citizens' but damned if I can see why atm. Cos apparently 52% of them are too stupid to vote, too self-interested to respect [yes I'm looking at you Boris] and a goodly number of them make my flesh crawl and seem to be the sort of racists/fascists we used to be so proud of ourselves for beating back in the day
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Junkenstein

It's a little frustrating as 2 of the projects are essentially "Part B, just do the same again". The clients are acutely aware that they're going to have headaches and bullshit just dealing with all the standard crap I went through with them and we were quite happy last year that the next ones were going to be much easier. That's not the case anymore. One has a fair idea who will probably get the contract award without my involvement. His opinion was something like "Gang of cunts, argue over the price of every screw". I paraphrase, but you get the feeling. 

QuoteThey keep saying 'We have to respect the views of our fellow citizens' but damned if I can see why atm.

No. Lies and horseshit. Respect is earned, not just given away because you can spout any old toss and claim it to be sacrosanct because you've got a fucking opinion. This kind of thinking is going to get pretty fucking poisonous over the next few months as the current political establishments push the "will of the people" shite.

I'm seriously considering looking into registering a firm or two offshore, because fuck this. I'm actually quite sick of paying anything into supporting this ongoing shitshow. If you can think of a reason against this, you're a better human than I.

Eater of Clowns

Man, I bet Pratchett could have written one hell of a Discworld book about all this.

:sad:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Junkenstein

"Venitari dies leading to Morpork campaigning to leave Ankh. Head of Builders guild has convinced Morpork residents that a big wall is needed to stop Ankh citizens abusing their services. Plot thickens when it turn out Morpork has no services it's actually a huge scam to implement some kind of apartheid so Ankh citizens can have no waiting for anything. Backers financing the split are revealed to be Quirm and various historic entities enemies."