News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

"Evangelicals"

Started by Penumbral, June 01, 2007, 02:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penumbral

My friend posted this on anouther forum. I thought I could pass it on.

QuoteThe Evangelical Conspiracy is beautiful in it's genius. Considering religion's use as a political tool through-out history I think this belongs here over paranoid.

"Don't abort! Put up for Adoption!"
Who cares?... Wait a minute! Those evangelical fucks are adopting a shit load of kids, brainwashing them, and sending them off to jesus camp!

Then they rebel, turn in to total drug addicts, wander around lost without purpose like zombies, then fill the emotional hole left from burning out with religious crack.

Ensuring constant flow of new disposable tools... Check.

"Homosexuality is an abomination!"

Make an enemy threat as pervasive as communism. Anyone could be an enemy. "Everyone is suspicious, I'd better tow the line or be thought suspect."/ Make a minority an enemy so that the majority can find mutual attraction in the comradery of hate. / Capitolize on masculinity/feminity insecurities and demonize natural curriosity into a guilt-gasm which they happen to specialize in the medicine of.

Keep em guilty, in step, and socially satisfied. Check, Check, Check.

"I didn't come from a monkey!"

Plant the seed of anti-intellectualism by demonizing your opponents prefered means of persuassion pre-emptively. Harden your followers against logos, monopolize ethos, and focus on pathos where you have the most control over them.

Check.

This is relevant to politics because while Dems have been breeding their followers in the ghettos, in mexico, and in the classroom with white guilt, the Republicans have been breeding their's in Churches. Why reinvent the wheel after all. Churches have evolved the art of manipulative psychology for centuries. It's called the translated old testement, and it is THE BOOK on, and THE EXAMPLE to follow, on effective population management and control.

They OWN you. They tell you how to fuck, eat, and behave. Then they GIVE YOU free will, so even if you disobey them, you're still obeying them.

You're going to break their rules because you're human. They set the rules in opposition of your humanity, and told you breaking them was a sign that you weren't obeying them well enough. Pull some half baked reason like "It's a test of your faith" out of your ass and you've got ONE HELL of a kool-aid recipe. It's a feedback loop from hell.

They put their hooks in you so deep, they jerk your chain and you feel the presence of god. Name your shackles "enlightenment" and maybe you won't mind them right?

Make the enemy of this faith(synonomous with blind obedience to their teachings, the highest attribute one can strive for according to them) the "Devil" "who has many names." This faceless enemy expresses himself by trying to convince you to abandon your faith.

So in summary, here's the training process:

"Obey me!"
You do it:
"Good boy!"
You don't:
"Bad boy! That's okay my child, obey me by doing these simple tasks that only I can tell you to do, and you will learn to progressively work back up to being effectively wrapped around my finger"

Beware he who would say "Don't obey me."!
You obey:
Good Boy!
You doubt:
Bad Bad Boy! As a consequence, obey me by doing these stupid simple things anyone can/will do, forget the past, and relearn the habbit of obeying me in the process!

This isn't a new science. This is the OLDEST science. It's the art of manipulation of the human psyche for obediance, and they have trained you like a dog. Man learned how to control man before he learned how to control anything else.

I challenge any christian to learn the tactics of manipulation without seeing all of their applications within churches.

So it all comes down to this:

You put all of this faith in the leadership of your church and your religion. They are God's messengers, therefor they are closer to god than yourself. They as the teachers are supposedly the examples to strive for.

Yet they seem as incapable if not more so of controlling themselves as anyone else. They are fat, rich, and sexual.

You need it because you feel lost, and just like with drugs, or whatever weakness drove you to it, rather than bearing the pain, and depression of being lost, and seeking out your own meaning, you were weak, so you sought out being spoon fed the meaning others have found for themselves. A meaning created entirely for the purpose of having universal appeal by making much ado about basic tenants of human behavior.

By offering analogious synonyms for the absence of explanation as explanations.

And an entire structured science of obediance to this empty explaination which will leave anyone fulfilled enough with the place holder, that they can focus on the basic tenants of successful evolutionary strategy without asking any hamful, dangerous, non-productive questions like "why?":

Eat, Work, Survive, Fuck, Work, Die.

It has been whittled away to fit and fill the human emotional void like a glove. Adaptable, and flexible to the individual.

It's the reason why Kings will pay a fortune for the alliance of the church, and they use their following to extort their cut. No other school has offered the rate of obediance, order, and efficiency as the church.

Human curriosity is a bottomless pit. You can feed it, or you can keep it satisfied with a cork.

The Good Reverend Roger

What about evangelical asshats?   :sad:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Idem

The Good Reverend Roger

What forum, Penumbral?

Don't be greedy.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Idem

I wonder if it was a certain Pagan Forum.   :lulz:

LMNO

While I like the rant, I still feel that Rabid Evangelical Christians are still a minority.

A growing minority, yes, but I still think there are more people in this country that don't ascribe to the "no fags, no baby killing, no monkeys" thought.

What we need are more Christians like Johnny Cash.

Triple Zero

Quote from: LMNO on June 01, 2007, 02:13:32 PMWhile I like the rant, I still feel that Rabid Evangelical Christians are still a minority.

A growing minority, yes, but I still think there are more people in this country that don't ascribe to the "no fags, no baby killing, no monkeys" thought.

also in america? that's a relief, cause sometimes when i hear you guys talking about the issue, it sounds like you're basically drowning in the fuckers.
so: if i'd approach the random person on the street, there would be a 99% chance they'd be christian (cause pretty much everyone there considers themselves to be one right?), but if i'd ask them about homosexuality, abortion and evolution i'd get what? depends on where you are of course, i presume.

this bit sprung out to me, cause it's a discordian theme:
QuoteYou're going to break their rules because you're human.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

It depends where you are, of course, but I get the impression that the majority of people are more tolorant than you'd think.

And I think that quote should go into meme bombs.

Cramulus

Quote from: triple zero on June 01, 2007, 03:58:48 PM
Quote from: LMNO on June 01, 2007, 02:13:32 PMWhile I like the rant, I still feel that Rabid Evangelical Christians are still a minority.

also in america? that's a relief, cause sometimes when i hear you guys talking about the issue, it sounds like you're basically drowning in the fuckers.
so: if i'd approach the random person on the street, there would be a 99% chance they'd be christian (cause pretty much everyone there considers themselves to be one right?), but if i'd ask them about homosexuality, abortion and evolution i'd get what? depends on where you are of course, i presume.

Yeah it's totally regional. In the "Bible Belt" there's a lot more fundamentalists than in, say, New England.

Where I live (Connecticut) there are a lot of catholics and protestants, but not a lot of evangelicals. I know a few evangelical baptists, but they generally keep their mouth shut about gawd unless they're amongst likeminded company.

Occasionally you get people handing you pamphlets about the afterlife and whatnot. Last year a guy came up to me and asked me if I knew -knew for certain- where I was going when I died.

I told him "I think so"

which launched him into his ramble about going to heaven. I told him he only "thought" he was going to heaven, there's no real way to know until he gets there. Which he had to concede on that, but regardless he didn't like that I thought I was going to limbo peak. I told him Eris wouldn't be so cruel as to send me to Christian hell. Maybe Discordian hell, but that doesn't really sound so bad.

anyway that's the most proselytizing I've heard in three or four years.

Thurnez Isa

strange thing is just today the born again's up here have resorted to putting pamplets in grocery carts
we called around and found they hit 3 other stores, besides ours, in a cordinated attack to save our souls
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LMNO

You know yuo have to counter this by hitting the markets with the "notice of compulsory illumination" flyers, right?

Thurnez Isa

actually I planed to pamplet the parkinglot of their church during services
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 01, 2007, 06:55:11 PM
strange thing is just today the born again's up here have resorted to putting pamplets in grocery carts
we called around and found they hit 3 other stores, besides ours, in a cordinated attack to save our souls

But my soul likes to wear stripes and polka dots at the same time! :sad:

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 01, 2007, 07:00:50 PM
actually I planed to pamplet the parkinglot of their church during services

Nice.

I like LMNO's idea because if you hit the same grocery stores, theoretically some of the same people might see the replacement pamphlets and get a lol or two out of it.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Penumbral

its some really dumb forum that I don't go to he just showed t to me and I passed it on.

Quote from: LMNO on June 01, 2007, 04:05:19 PM
It depends where you are, of course, but I get the impression that the majority of people are more tolorant than you'd think.

I agree and disagree. People are generaly more tolernat but also more likly to be swayed in the direction of intolerance. Also the people who are Evangelicals or exstreamists are the loudest.

Most people I meet are christan, just how christan (extream, evangelical) is what you worry about.

Quote from: Idem on June 01, 2007, 02:39:41 AMI wonder if it was a certain Pagan Forum.   :lulz:
no, if it you know of one where its posted can you tell me? (so i cant either bug my friend for being pagan or being a thief.)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Penumbral on June 01, 2007, 10:00:23 PM
its some really dumb forum that I don't go to he just showed t to me and I passed it on.

Please to linkify.

TGRR,
Likes dumb forums.