News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

I Am Free

Started by POFP, March 29, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 01, 2014, 12:19:39 AM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on March 31, 2014, 09:59:50 PM
Quote from: Pæs on March 31, 2014, 09:32:38 PM
Is your existential angst useful to you? Try pragmatism: realise your solipsism is meaningless and reject it.

Reject it because it doesn't make sense? Or reject it because its, according to you all, "hurting me/making me feel angst?"

I see it as a possible (not plausible) way of describing my existence. Disregarding it would only serve the purpose of rejecting the scientific method AND pragmatism. I have found that some ideas contradict this existential description. But that doesn't mean that it is absolutely incorrect. If anything, I should remain agnostic on it all, and only delve deeper into the ideology to learn more about myself. This whole discussion, resulting from this idea of Solipsism, has introduced me to a plethora of possible conditions I may have, and has resulted in numerous ways in which I could alternatively view myself as a human.

It has been, overall, destructive and constructive - Both of which I describe in the most positive connotation. I am uninjured by this temporary ideology, much like the other infinite ideologies I will/have adapt/adapted. Function is my purpose, science is my method when I'm conscious of the effort.

My problem is that I speak with unjustified certainty. But that is because I've been taught to speak this way. I'm working on it. That is what confuses you, I think.

GO OUTSIDE.

He's been taught to stay in the basement.  It's right for him.  Can't you accept that?

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Pæs

Sometimes I try to go outside but then I have to take that to its logical conclusion.

Go outside, I tell myself. So I leave my room and enter the hallway.

OUTSIDE. OUTSIDE.

I leave the house and stand on my front porch.

Outside, go outside, the voice within me cries.

I start walking, eyes cast towards the heavens, scanning the stars and trying to imagine how I might leave this largest of the Matryoshka dolls.

And because I'm not looking where I'm going I get hit by a truck.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:24:39 AM
Sometimes I try to go outside but then I have to take that to its logical conclusion.

Go outside, I tell myself. So I leave my room and enter the hallway.

OUTSIDE. OUTSIDE.

I leave the house and stand on my front porch.

Outside, go outside, the voice within me cries.

I start walking, eyes cast towards the heavens, scanning the stars and trying to imagine how I might leave this largest of the Matryoshka dolls.

And because I'm not looking where I'm going I get hit by a truck.

Outside has epistological overtones that we must carefully consider.  We have been taught that outside is better, but is it?  The graphics may be awesome, but the interface, not so much.  So we huddle in the basement.  Because the free market has determined that this is the best place for us.  In any case, it works for me and I don't want to argue about it, so everybody shut up.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pæs

In a truly free market, I could exchange my musings for WoW gold.

The Johnny

:lulz:

Nothing like a bit of GOYA to fight off nihilistic (w)angst.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:29:21 AM

Do people really pay real money for WoW gold?

Tell me they do.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

IT'S SPRING

JUST TAKE YOUR PANTS OFF AND GO OUTSIDE. GET KICKED OUT OF THE MALL. GET DRUNK AT A TULIP FESTIVAL AND RIDE THE TRACTOR RIDE BACK AND FORTH AND BACK AND FORTH. CATCH A FERRY. GO FOR A WALK SOMEWHERE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN.

GO. THE. FUCK. OUTSIDE.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on April 01, 2014, 12:30:47 AM
IT'S SPRING

JUST TAKE YOUR PANTS OFF AND GO OUTSIDE. GET KICKED OUT OF THE MALL. GET DRUNK AT A TULIP FESTIVAL AND RIDE THE TRACTOR RIDE BACK AND FORTH AND BACK AND FORTH. CATCH A FERRY. GO FOR A WALK SOMEWHERE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN.

GO. THE. FUCK. OUTSIDE.

And leave the pseudo-intellectual thing at the house.  You might meet a girl (or a guy, if that's your thing), and you won't want that shit stapled to your face.  It'll queer the whole deal.

The Johnny

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 01, 2014, 12:30:04 AM

Tell me they do.

They even pay to get items and levelled characters...you know, instead of PLAYING ti get them while having fun.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Pæs

Tell me they do.
They do. It's a beautiful thing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Johnny on April 01, 2014, 12:34:29 AM

Tell me they do.

They even pay to get items and levelled characters...you know, instead of PLAYING ti get them while having fun.

:enough:
:um:
:fursecution:

Pæs

Tell me they do.

On the other hand, if they don't find the game fun without that stuff, and they do find the game fun with it...

Why not? Sounds like a game design issue.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on April 01, 2014, 12:38:24 AM

Tell me they do.

On the other hand, if they don't find the game fun without that stuff, and they do find the game fun with it...

Why not? Sounds like a game design issue.

I just can't believe that I've been DMing since 1977 non-stop, but I never thought of letting people PAY me for experience and loot.

I am naked & ashamed.

Pæs

I haven't looked at WoW in years and years and any large popular game with trade is going to create a market for real world exchange where some people spend real money on getting STUFF.

If that becomes a huge market, you have to wonder at what is driving it. Is having STUFF required to be competitive? Can STUFF be acquired by legitimate in game means without already having STUFF to invest?

If your character gets stomped unless you buy shiny armor, maybe buying shiny armor with real money is worthwhile to make the investment in buying the game not a total waste.

The Good Reverend Roger

TGRR's Horrible House of Monty Haul is now OPEN.