News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

ATTN, ADMIN GROUP (and anyone interested)

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 11, 2014, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Gorightly on July 11, 2014, 06:10:27 PM

Probably the best approach would be to just go ahead and ban certain words.  :lulz:

That might be a good way to get everyone on board with a STRICT POLICY OF CONDUCT that will be adhered to and use of such words deemed improper would lead to an immediate ban from this board as well as permanent excommunication from The Discordian Society.

Haven't you got poor people and women to abuse, Gorightly?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Fuck it, I am done.

TGRR,
Stepping down to spare you all from my horrible fucking tyranny.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Regret on July 11, 2014, 06:06:19 PM
We have our ways of handling unwanted people.
If PL is pissing Nigel off, then I mostly pity him.

I'm skittish about using banhammers though, it is a slippery slope.
Give me a limit beyond which it won't be used and you may convince me, other than that don't hammer me bro.

Won't be a fucking problem.

The Good Reverend Roger

As my last act as admin, I shall respect the wishes of the board and unban both of them.

Then I'm gonna hash my fucking password and walk the fuck away.

Enjoy your release from my horrible Stalinism.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 11, 2014, 06:13:25 PM
Fuck it, I am done.

TGRR,
Stepping down to spare you all from my horrible fucking tyranny.
Dude, you don't have it in you to be a tyrant.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 11, 2014, 06:14:29 PM
Quote from: Regret on July 11, 2014, 06:06:19 PM
We have our ways of handling unwanted people.
If PL is pissing Nigel off, then I mostly pity him.

I'm skittish about using banhammers though, it is a slippery slope.
Give me a limit beyond which it won't be used and you may convince me, other than that don't hammer me bro.

Won't be a fucking problem.
It also won't be if you are admin, I trust your judgement.

If you don't come back: You will be missed.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Done.  My horrible errors have been corrected. 

And I am out of here.

LMNO

Probably the best approach would be to just go ahead and ban certain words.  :lulz:

That might be a good way to get everyone on board with a STRICT POLICY OF CONDUCT that will be adhered to and use of such words deemed improper would lead to an immediate ban from this board as well as permanent excommunication from The Discordian Society.

You asshole.

Cainad (dec.)

The fuck was that about?

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Probably the best approach would be to just go ahead and ban certain words.

We could start with "Gorightly". That word doesn't seem to denote anything worth two blistered fucks.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Salty

Excommunication from TDS?

Promise?
     \
:america:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on July 11, 2014, 08:35:44 PM

The fuck was that about?

That's Gorightly Making a Contribution/Difference.

Plz stop, Gorightly.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 11, 2014, 01:28:46 PM
Quote from: Faust on July 11, 2014, 07:11:26 AM
I didn't see anything he posted on the forum as bannable but if he is harassing people repeatedly after being told to stop in PM's then sure.

So, referring directly to a POC as "nigriss" (sic) is okay?

Serious question :

If I were a "POC"  would that language suddenly become acceptable?
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Faust

Acting like the sheltered child saying "Its ok for black people to use the word "nigger" but when I do it I'm racist?" is both insulting to people here and it demeans you.

There are some fairly obvious reasons why it's not ok, chief among them being historic precedence used from a position of power over a group who didn't.

Said group still aren't treated equally and fairly and for every step forward there is a snivelling shit with tunnel-vision like you waiting to bleat "They can use a word but I cant, that's not equality, REALLY MAKES YOU THINK" as if you are sharing some revelation with us.

But as far as "Nigress" is concerned that isn't even a commonly used colloquialism, black or white it would be very unusual for anyone to use it.

You are back here because of your right to say it, you banal worthless moron, but it doesn't mean you have to be tolerated.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

trix

While I know you are being sarcastic, the point is not the word used.  It's the way it was used.  Using the word nigger and calling someone one (or an obvious derivative) are entirely different things.  It's not about censorship, those posts still exist, it's about this being a group of people that want to get together on the internet sometimes and tell stories and shit to each other, without racists thinking CHAOS means a free pass to promote bigotry and hatred.

it's illegal to shout racial slurs at people in Canada, but you'll have a hard time finding many Canadians that consider that particular law a violation of their free speech.  Except, of course, those that are racist.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.