News:

PD.com: We're like the bugs in the Starship Troopers movie: infinite, unceasing, unstoppable....and our leader looks like a huge vagina

Main Menu

An objective rant about why a career in hospitality probably isn't for you.

Started by Da6s, April 15, 2014, 12:16:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on April 15, 2014, 04:47:51 PM
I must have missed something

Da6s is prone to saying rotten shit to people.  He erased one such thing in this thread, though Paes had already quoted it.

MORE OR LESS:

Da6s posted part of a rant, without saying it wasn't finished.  Paes riffed on it, Da6s went berserk, and told Paes to medicate himself and fuck off.

Now, even if I didn't have a history with Da6s, I am certainly not inclined to sit there and watch while he shits all over someone who is 1) my friend, and 2) a regular content-writer, for no other reason than "angry little little wasps buzzing around in Da6s' head".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

I mean, it's not like Paes has a reputation for randomly going off on people on the internet.

IRL is a different story, of course, but this is the internet.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Pæs

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2014, 05:10:00 PM
Somehow, this just became my fault, I think.   :lol:
GODDAMNIT ROGER.

Nah, I'm still blaming Da6s. Maybe the rest of the story will explain that working in hospo makes you a raging douchebag capable of feeling slighted after even the most uneventful of interactions.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on April 15, 2014, 08:37:01 PM
GODDAMNIT ROGER.

Nah, I'm still blaming Da6s. Maybe the rest of the story will explain that working in hospo makes you a raging douchebag capable of feeling slighted after even the most uneventful of interactions.

Read his post history a bit.

He has some interesting stories here and there, but also a whole lot of WEIRD fucking behavior.

Pæs

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2014, 08:50:11 PM
GODDAMNIT ROGER.

He has some interesting stories here and there, but also a whole lot of WEIRD fucking behavior.

Oh god, why did I do that?

The oldest posts are "LOL MEMFRICA" and the most recent are "you shut your whore mouth" and "All your states are drooling after mine like she's some cheap tramp."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on April 15, 2014, 09:55:26 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 15, 2014, 08:50:11 PM
GODDAMNIT ROGER.

Oh god, why did I do that?

The oldest posts are "LOL MEMFRICA" and the most recent are "you shut your whore mouth" and "All your states are drooling after mine like she's some cheap tramp."

Yeah, there's some high-quality down there.

Ben Shapiro

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Da6s on April 15, 2014, 12:39:30 AM
When people bitch about the lack of fresh content around these parts, look to the shitneck herein and know.

I thought Paes contributed to your thread, not took away from it. :? So hostility. Very wut.

Threads where people all start riffing on an idea are one of the reasons this forum is awesome.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Pæs

The Good Reverend Roger

Nast

Quote from: Pæs on April 15, 2014, 12:29:02 AM
A pot of boiled something is removed from the element and thrusted in my direction. I dance aside to avoid catching a faceful of hot broth, sweep up a handtowel to protect my hands and take the pot. The next step is unclear. "PUT IT!" Chef demands. Beat. "PUT IT RIGHT NOW."

There are limited options available. Do I:

A) Place the pot on the bench beside the stove. Chef is closer to here, so it seems unlikely that he would delegate this placement to me.
B) Place the pot on the mobile tray behind me. We've just cleared this surface, intending to wheel it into a catered function upstairs in five minutes.
"PUT IT SONOFABITCH."
C) Place the pot on the bench on the opposite side of the room. This bench is clear and seems a sensible place for this to go.
D) Take the pot and run.

C. "NO. PUT IT."
B "GAAAH PUT IT."
A "GIVE IT."

Chef places the pot back on the stove and flails manically at the door, gesturing for me to leave. This is going to be a good job.

:) I lol'd.

This is basically the essence of every kitchen job ever. An angry man shouting at you, "DO THE THING WITH THE THING!".
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."