News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Favourite/ Least favourite STAR WARS character

Started by OPTIMUS PINECONE, November 07, 2008, 09:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OPTIMUS PINECONE

A long time ago, Boba Fett was an evil underdog fave, due to his enigmatic status. However, over time, his character developed and so many others have been introduced. Perhaps equally, when the Ewoks came along, no one could take it (them) seriously, have there been even more disdainful Lucas creations in STAR WARS? What's yours?
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Payne

My favourite and least favourite are both Anakin Skywalker.

AFK

Quote from: Payne on November 07, 2008, 09:50:47 PM
My favourite and least favourite are both Anakin Skywalker.

game, set, match. 

George Lucas is an evil bastard.  He took who is arguably the most iconic Villiain in movie history.  A figure who was dark, forboding, yet complex.  Someone who would send a chill down your spine just looking at him.  And Lucas gave him a backstory as a whiny, spoiled, teenage brat.  What the fuck?  Lucas is a sick mofo. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Elder Iptuous

Cramulus

Darth Maul is probably my least favorite. His face was ALL OVER the Phantom Meanace ads, but he's marginally even a character. His gimmick is the double-sided lightsaber, and nothing else is notable about him. He has no real motivation, no significant relationships to other characters, his role in that movie could have been played by a cartoon tasmanian devil and it would still be the same movie.

hooplala

Quote from: Cramulus on November 10, 2008, 04:01:21 PM
Darth Maul is probably my least favorite. His face was ALL OVER the Phantom Meanace ads, but he's marginally even a character. His gimmick is the double-sided lightsaber, and nothing else is notable about him. He has no real motivation, no significant relationships to other characters, his role in that movie could have been played by a cartoon tasmanian devil and it would still be the same movie.

THANK YOU!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Hoopla on November 10, 2008, 04:14:13 PM

THANK YOU!

Seconded! 

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Khara on November 10, 2008, 04:17:45 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on November 10, 2008, 04:14:13 PM

THANK YOU!

Seconded! 

Thirded.

As for me, my favorite character is Yoda (not an original answer, but still . . .). Admiral Ackbar (sp?) comes in a close second, and Wedge follows up with a distant third.

Maul is my first-least favorite, Jar Jar is my second-least-favorite (even his name makes me want to punch him in the throat), and Jango Fett rounds out the Trinity of Crapulence.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Reeducation

I am very calm

Ludwig

Darth Maul - !! That is so fucking true! You gotta love the sand people, yeah, they seem to just hate everyone. Strangely, stormtroopers in all their incarnations, dumb as rocks as they may be, still have my obsession. But they're not a single character, so never mind.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I like all the characters, with the possible exception of Jar-Jar Binks and the junkyard flying slug dude that owned the Skywalkers.

Anakin, IMO, is an acceptable Fall/Redemption Hero, in fact, I think his story fits the tradition as well, if not better than Luke's Hero journey.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Luke Skywalker still represents my inner child, sure he's a whinebag, but that's kids; he did become a powerful Jedi. :) Han Solo: what's not to like. My absolute favorites are not even individuals per se; I am a Stormtrooper fan.

Biggest hates:
I hate Gungans, spaceships/droids with deliberately 'cute' faces or cartoonesque voices and those goddamned lip flapping Neimoidians. Anakin as a character would have worked if they'd gotten an actual actor to play him instead of a strip of soggy bark. Mace Windu was robbed of a decent story and as for redubbing Boba Fett and making Han Shoot second. What the hell?

I could go on.

I won't.

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My childhood favorite is R2D2, and probably is STILL my favorite really, but I also have a fondness for Admiral Ackbar because HE'S AWESOME.

Least favorite characters include Luke Sywalker and Jar-Jar Binks, mostly just because of the lame way the latter talks. Leia has some needs-slapping moments, but at least you can imagine strangling her while you fuck her.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous