News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

LMNO, TWID, OTHER BOSTON SPAGS.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 16, 2014, 03:12:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 16, 2014, 02:23:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 02:21:51 PM
They should have a specific sentence for BEING A DUMBASS.  You know, maybe a couple of years doing scutwork on a farm somewhere.  Nothing to fuck your life up, but something difficult that involves long hours.

I kind of like this.

2.5 to 5 years in prison and/or a $10k fine per Massachusetts state law for having a hoax device. Not to mention, he's going to be kissing any and all college career goodbye, no matter what he planned to do with it anyway.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on April 16, 2014, 02:54:51 PM
They should have a specific sentence for BEING A DUMBASS.  You know, maybe a couple of years doing scutwork on a farm somewhere.  Nothing to fuck your life up, but something difficult that involves long hours.

I kind of like this.

2.5 to 5 years in prison and/or a $10k fine per Massachusetts state law for having a hoax device. Not to mention, he's going to be kissing any and all college career goodbye, no matter what he planned to do with it anyway.

That part is bullshit.  Preventing someone from having their life back once they've paid their debt does what, again?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 02:59:15 PM

I kind of like this.

That part is bullshit.  Preventing someone from having their life back once they've paid their debt does what, again?

I think her point is that, fair or not, that will be the outcome. It's probably true. Even if MassArt won't give him the boot, it's not a cheap school (11k a semester, and that's for MA residents- it says he's from Wakefield), and I don't see him getting any government grants to cover that from this point on.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 16, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

I kind of like this.

I think her point is that, fair or not, that will be the outcome. It's probably true. Even if MassArt won't give him the boot, it's not a cheap school (11k a semester, and that's for MA residents- it says he's from Wakefield), and I don't see him getting any government grants to cover that from this point on.

I didn't expect she was endorsing it.  I was merely pointing out that the system is designed to recycle.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 03:07:32 PM
Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 16, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

I kind of like this.

I didn't expect she was endorsing it.  I was merely pointing out that the system is designed to recycle.

Ah, my mistake. It is bullshit. Everywhere has a college student that does something stupid enough to be newsworthy every year. Shit, last year some kid at Harvard called in a bomb threat because he didn't want to fail his midterm. Well, he succeeded in that, but he didn't think the whole thing through. Why would he? He's a kid.

Nephew Twiddleton

Both dudes should have known better, but neither of those are mature acts. It's something that you'd think a teenager would think was a good idea.

Cain

The kid's stupid enough his later life is probably going to be a mess anyway.  He doesn't need the state to aid in that.

Shit, a fine and a public apology would be a sufficient punishment, IMO.  He was an idiot, but 5 years in prison?  Can't say I'd be comfortable in a society which deems that acceptable, even given the spectacular idiocy on show.

Suu

I kind of like this.

If he's convicted of a felony, he loses all eligibility for any federal financial aid. I don't think it's terribly fair, but this is what's going to happen. The system is designed to recycle, yes, but there's not a school in New England that's going to want to have him after this stunt. The kid's future is inevitably fucked. I've seen it happen to folks that did their time, worked their asses off and wanted to make amends, but nope.

If he really is mentally ill, I do hope he gets the help he needs, but for some reason, I'm seeing "DRAMA QUEEN" all over this.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Quote from: Cain on April 16, 2014, 03:16:46 PM
The kid's stupid enough his later life is probably going to be a mess anyway.  He doesn't need the state to aid in that.

Shit, a fine and a public apology would be a sufficient punishment, IMO.  He was an idiot, but 5 years in prison?  Can't say I'd be comfortable in a society which deems that acceptable, even given the spectacular idiocy on show.

You underestimate the power of the American "Justice" System.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 16, 2014, 03:16:46 PM

Meanwhile, we have a pack of crazy ranchers and "militia" idiots that are being given the kid glove treatment.

It's America, Cain.  We can't help it; we're pathogical punishment freaks and worshipers of firearm-shaped phallic symbols.  We're the bad emotard kids Europe kicked out at age 18 for being unmanageable punks who oughta be smacked.  I mean, shit, just look at the religious insanity here.  We give Pakistan a run for its money.  Take any radical Muslim from India and compare their comments on women to the comments our ELECTED OFFICIALS make.

And then some kid loses his shit and does something like this.  I WONDER WHY.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Suu on April 16, 2014, 03:19:19 PM

I kind of like this.

If he's convicted of a felony, he loses all eligibility for any federal financial aid. I don't think it's terribly fair, but this is what's going to happen. The system is designed to recycle, yes, but there's not a school in New England that's going to want to have him after this stunt. The kid's future is inevitably fucked. I've seen it happen to folks that did their time, worked their asses off and wanted to make amends, but nope.

If he really is mentally ill, I do hope he gets the help he needs, but for some reason, I'm seeing "DRAMA QUEEN" all over this.

I mean by "recycle", "never stay out of The System".

The Good Reverend Roger

And for the record, having seen his video, I don't think he's mentally ill so much as stuck at 15 years old.

I am of course not an expert in this, so my opinion should be weighed accordingly.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 03:28:21 PM
And for the record, having seen his video, I don't think he's mentally ill so much as stuck at 15 years old.

I am of course not an expert in this, so my opinion should be weighed accordingly.

Probably correct. If his facebook is to be believed, he's 25.

Also, he and I have a mutual friend. Just one.

Suu

LMNO

Dammit. I can't hate him as much now.