News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

An Error Has Occurred!

Started by ~, February 09, 2010, 02:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Shibboleet The Annihilator

This is the funniest shit I've read all day.

This reminds me of some of the security hoops I had to jump through for a relatively mundane job. My favorite was signing an affidavit that said I was not a terrorist. I laughed when I read it and the secretary in the room totally lost her shit, "THIS IS IMPORTANT!"

"Uh, wouldn't a terrorist just lie?"

"It's still important!"

"If you say so."

rong

i would totally pay the $5 if you get a membership card.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Horrendous Foreign Love Stoat on February 12, 2010, 05:05:47 PM
I looked into it and un(?)fortunately for us, you have to live in south carolina.

Father Kurt Christ: chicken fencing? cock fight?  :lulz:
Cock and riposte. There's a thread farther down the forum on the same topic, though under a less obvious name, by me.
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

t.x. helot

The sad thing about this is, I'm sure there's a goodly amount of Christian Identity, far-right wing-type militia cells in that state. Something tells me that the drafters of this law have other fish to fry though. OK, google is my friend, check out this map:

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hatemap#s=SC

Tons of lil' Confederate push pins from the 'League of the South'!

Those, I'm sure the authors of the bill think, those are just good upstanding folk.
"Language is simply the cheapest tool for carving up space and time." –Sheldon Pacotti

Template

Quote from: t.x. helot on February 22, 2010, 05:37:33 AM
The sad thing about this is, I'm sure there's a goodly amount of Christian Identity, far-right wing-type militia cells in that state. Something tells me that the drafters of this law have other fish to fry though. OK, google is my friend, check out this map:

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/hatemap#s=SC

Tons of lil' Confederate push pins from the 'League of the South'!

Those, I'm sure the authors of the bill think, those are just good upstanding folk.

Fuckit, get the courts to decide.

Cain

I'm pretty sure there is an exemption for "patriotic" groups.

Incidentally I'm pretty sure they got this idea from France, where all groups which are not registered with a certain government office and have an official structure (membership fees etc) is illegal.  You don't wanna be copying ideas from France do you?

Template