News:

PD.com: "a rather irritating form of hermetic terrorism".

Main Menu

And today's reason that I hate the state I currently reside in is...

Started by Da6s, March 26, 2010, 07:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Da6s on March 26, 2010, 08:18:50 PM
Jesus loves the little heterosexual, god-fearing, xenophobic, white, middle class, protestant children?

WWRJD?
Molon Lube

Da6s

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 26, 2010, 08:12:01 PM
They're only important when they're unborn!

Unless it's the pastors daughter that's preggers from the seed of something other than a magical dove.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

BADGE OF HONOR

No, then they get to do a good round of slut-shaming and make her get married to whatever piece of gutter trash she fucked without a condom because using protection is for militant atheist pot-smoking liberals.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 26, 2010, 08:39:13 PM
No, then they get to do a good round of slut-shaming and make her get married to whatever piece of gutter trash she fucked without a condom because using protection is for militant atheist pot-smoking liberals.

Unless she's pregnant by her father, in which case they send her away for a nice quiet abortion.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Da6s

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on March 26, 2010, 08:39:13 PM

Not usually. Just like it's kept hush-hush when you see prominent baptists in the liquor store, it's also kept hush-hush when pastors daughters are known and noted whores, and the abortion's are usually cited as a medical treatment that they have to drive to another state for.

Used to happen all the time in the town i grew up in. Right on the virginia line, and the law used to be (dunno about current) that under 18 abortions required parental accompaniment and consent. Prominent christians in the region would drive south to tennessee (surprisingly my home of knoxville is the premier destination for shrimp killing in the area), and return. Granted it was confidential, it still didn't stop the rumors. You know how them jesus people love to talk.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 26, 2010, 08:10:46 PM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 26, 2010, 07:12:14 PM
I have no sympathy for anything that happens to anyone that feels the need to put political bumper stickers on their car.

This is why I restrict myself to putting bumper stickers on other peoples' cars.

Oh. You just made living in Portland 87% more enjoyable for me.

ECH,
almost ashamed he never thought of that
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 26, 2010, 09:17:00 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 26, 2010, 08:10:46 PM
Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on March 26, 2010, 07:12:14 PM
I have no sympathy for anything that happens to anyone that feels the need to put political bumper stickers on their car.

This is why I restrict myself to putting bumper stickers on other peoples' cars.

Oh. You just made living in Portland 87% more enjoyable for me.

ECH,
almost ashamed he never thought of that

Properly applied, they are almost impossible to remove, too. I once got a friend's car with an "I <3 Mormon Pussy" sticker on a Friday and he didn't notice until Tuesday.

He was PISSED.  :mrgreen:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 27, 2010, 12:38:13 AM
...Where do they sell those?

Office Max/Office Depot.  25 sheets of 8.5X11 crack & peel sticker paper (laser or inkjet) runs you about $12.95.
Molon Lube

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 27, 2010, 04:36:29 PM

Office Max/Office Depot.  25 sheets of 8.5X11 crack & peel sticker paper (laser or inkjet) runs you about $12.95.

Or if you're too poor for that:

Super 77 (spray adhesive) and regular-ass paper. The only downside is that you have to spray it right before you fix it to something, but it is only about 9 bucks.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

We put a bunch of "I heart Alaska" stickers on SUVs about, what, ten years ago? Whenever the drilling controversy was going down. We switched up to "I heart Iraq" after that. Just regular stickers, not proper bumper stickers.

Jasper

And they just sell these to anybody?  :lulz:  That's very irresponsible.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Sigmatic on March 27, 2010, 05:32:24 PM

And they just sell these to anybody?  :lulz:  That's very irresponsible.

Hell, for $0.59/sheet, they make nice color stickers for me (12/sheet), when my color laser jet runs out of toner.
Molon Lube

Jasper

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 27, 2010, 05:00:30 PM

One of my friends brought it back from Utah, but you can also get them on Cafepress. http://www.cafepress.com/+i-heart-mormon-pussy+bumper-stickers

Nice. :lol:  I like the "my wife's" version best.  Adds an extra layer of :crankey: