News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I'd let her set up a hive in my garden tree....if you know what I mean  :wink:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on August 05, 2015, 06:40:41 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on August 05, 2015, 05:57:15 AM
UNRELATED TO THE HORNET:

I suspect that on some really profound, suppressed level, I really need to get laid. I don't generally feel like I do, or even feel particularly horny or sexy or attracted to anyone, but I just kind of have this suspicion that I've simply compartmentalized all that energy and locked it away while I focus on school, but that it hasn't really gone away so much as just been stuffed into the darkest recesses of my soul.
I identify with this on so many levels.

I AM ACADEMIC. MY BODY IS MERELY A VEHICLE.  :horrormirth:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

hooplala

I'm trying out bartending for the first time today.

What could possibly go wrong?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on August 05, 2015, 05:11:00 PM

If its anything like my first experience, probably everything.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Hoopla on August 05, 2015, 05:11:00 PM

Make sure you know where the fire extinguisher is!

Doktor Howl

So, a member of my gym killed herself 2 days ago, leaving behind a husband and 5 kids. She had suffered acute depression for years.

I just heard about this a couple of minutes ago. My gym session starts in 50 minutes. I'm going to have to listen to a bunch of people who don't understand depression carping about this shit, and I am not allowed to punch them.

What people do not understand about mental illness is the part of you that makes the decisions on how to act on that illness is the part of you that is being affected by the illness. It's no different than dying of cancer or heart failure, it's just a different organ that turned on you.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2015, 12:42:53 AM
So, a member of my gym killed herself 2 days ago, leaving behind a husband and 5 kids. She had suffered acute depression for years.

I just heard about this a couple of minutes ago. My gym session starts in 50 minutes. I'm going to have to listen to a bunch of people who don't understand depression carping about this shit, and I am not allowed to punch them.

What people do not understand about mental illness is the part of you that makes the decisions on how to act on that illness is the part of you that is being affected by the illness. It's no different than dying of cancer or heart failure, it's just a different organ that turned on you.
Yup. Not much else to say about it. Just push on through of you can manage sir.  I hate how people talk like they know some shit. Also sorry to hear about your hornet incident.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 06, 2015, 12:42:53 AM

Woof. That's fucking awful.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Wizard Joseph

On my way to see my old meditation instructor. He's got the bad cancer. Has not long and I just found out he's at my hospital. What the fuck is it with today?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

As predicted, the Catalina mountains are on fire, as we've had loads of lightning and no rain.

So we're all gonna die.
Molon Lube

hooplala

Dok, that's horrible. I'm sorry.

30 minutes until this shift is over and nothing horrible has happened. The suspense is killing me. Oh, and I just found a bottle of Smirnoff Gold Apple. I'm fucked.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Hoopla on August 06, 2015, 04:36:29 AM
Dok, that's horrible. I'm sorry.

30 minutes until this shift is over and nothing horrible has happened. The suspense is killing me. Oh, and I just found a bottle of Smirnoff Gold Apple. I'm fucked.

That is a thing? I must to try it... Good luck, that sounds tasty!

So wild fires, hornets, sickness, death, Smirnoff Golden Apple, and Nigel's got THE ITCH. Add the resurgence of pogs and I'd say some sort of Apocalypse is definitely happening.  :eek:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Like every other alcoholic drink with gold flakes in it (or apple flavour or being made by Smirnoff for that matter) it's complete garbage