News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Werewolf III

Started by Remington, March 08, 2010, 06:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Jasper

000, sorry about that earlier.  It was too soon to call anything.

Triple Zero

BTW I thought it was the rule to explicitly say "I vote to lynch ****" in order to avoid confusion? But then I see most people haven't been doing that.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

The voting convention has been to say a name and increment the number of votes.

Enrico Salazar

Quote from: Triple Zero on March 09, 2010, 07:41:19 PM
Quote from: Fredamir Putin on March 09, 2010, 04:59:49 PM
ok but dead people cant talk when it counts, when  we are debating about who to lynch

i vote to lynch Wondering Monk, cause BDS was the first eaten, and if i were a wolf id go after my friends first  :D

Paesior - 3
Wondering Monk - 1

I agree with Fred, mostly because Traffic's reasoning doesn't make sense to me.

We could lynch Paesior and he could advise us at night [if he turns out to be a villager], but it's also one step closer to the wolves winning. We don't even need to lynch someone every night, right? Plus there's also the chance that Paesior might be the psychic and if he dies he can't make guesses anymore (right?). Of course the chance to pick a wolf is bigger than the chance to pick the psychic.

So I'm also not going to join Fred in her vote for WonMon. Isn't it more useful to wait lynching someone until we got a fair idea? The psychich also gets more guesses that way.

Plus to whoever said I was a wolf cause of what I wrote earlier in the thread. Screw you :p I was actually wondering about that when I saw the thread, although, to be fair, while writing that post I did realize that if Rem already had PMd the wolves, this would imply I'm a villager, but then, this stroke me as funny so I posted it anyway.

Also also, Remington, 9PM which timezone?

Paesior is not psychic.  

Enrico already got love note from psychic.
Did someone say gorgeous?

Jasper

Really?  Do you trust that they're the psychic?

Wondering Monk

I was joking about you being the wolf 000  :lol: im pretty sure noone would have genuinely fallen for the PM thing so i figured you were being genuine, just thought id be a dick  anyway :mrgreen:

Also despite having already voted I kinda agree with:
Isn't it more useful to wait lynching someone until we got a fair idea? The psychich also gets more guesses that way.

Unless the wolves do a good job at not giving themselves away in which case I guess we have to make some sort of move or they will just continue to pick us off one by one without us making any headway. However at this stage in the game I see where you are coming from.

You have made me think about that now so now I'm undecided about whether I really want someone to step in with the tenth vote or not...  :? On the other hand lynching is fun, and if we don't Lynch and it turns out he is a wolf we will be kicking ourselves, and i think the chances of him being the psychic are slim, were you the psychic you would want to keep a low profile so as not to draw attention to yourself. Paesior's posting till now is far from this.

Remington

Also also, Remington, 9PM which timezone?
Mountain Time. The day will probably extend to 12:00 though, as I'm spending the evening with my GF. Extra time for you guys to lynch, I guess.
Is it plugged in?

Dr. Paes

Quote from: Traffic on March 09, 2010, 01:29:44 PM
Let me put forward this idea;

A lot of people are considering that Paesior is a wolf, from what I can see.
We know that if he is a wolf, his inputs are pointing the wrong way and are probably ruining our chances as villagers for winning.
However, he seems like a pretty smart guy and if he isn't a wolf, he will be a useful player for us.

So why not lynch him?

If he IS a wolf, then thats wolf #1 out of the way instantly.
If he isn't, then we know that we CAN trust his ideas, which ultimately makes him more useful as a player.
Furthermore he doesn't LOSE as if the villagers win, we all win.
And as this is the early stages of the game, we have no real lead and our first objective should be to work out who to trust- what better method than clearing their names outright?

Oh, and he wont lose any real "voting power" as he can still influence the votes of others, which is what affects the end decision the most, no?

This makes sense.
I vote to lynch Paesior.
Paesior - 10?
For the good of the village.

You twisted fucks.

ETA: Actually I agree more with 000, that we don't need to lynch someone every night and that my lynching will make things easier for the wolves, but that's not going to change your minds...  :lol:

LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH.

Wondering Monk

Fuck, the fact that you voted for yourself makes me pretty much certain you are a villager, if there were only 9 votes we could now stop you being lynched, as it happens the die is cast.  :| shit one.
Remington is vote cancelling allowed?
If Paesior had voted when the number was under 10 I could understand that he was probably bluffing if he was a wolf and trying to make people believe he was a villager, hoping no more people would vote; because if he defended himself more people would think he was a wolf. However i don't think that voting to bring yourself up to the point at which you will be lynched could be behaviour attributed to a wolf in any situation, so as far as I'm concerned this pretty much clears his name.
damn

Freeky

Yeah, dude, I was a wolf last game and people were voting for me, so I ended up voting for myself. I later retracted it to be contrary, but the fact remains that you're reasoning is flawed. :)

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Dear Spags, please follow proper voting procedure

Jasper

Yeah I've seen that gambit before too.

Wondering Monk

yeh if it turns out that you can retract votes then the 'evidence' to suggest that Paesior is a villager is no longer valid, making it pointless retracting votes. In other words: He's doomed, wolf or no wolf :P

Storebrand

There's still time for people to retract or change their votes.  Paesior could have cast his vote for himself in order to make people think he's really a villager thinking that would sway enough people to take him out of harms way.