News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

Lenin's songs

Started by Lenin McCarthy, March 17, 2012, 11:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lenin McCarthy

I've been writing songs for about two years now, in every genre imaginable, but mostly quirky-sweet alternative pop songs. I hereby present some of my personal favorites (one of which is an attempt at metal):

The Daily Mail (Every time you read the Daily Mail a kitten dies)
Pekka (Metal in Google Translate Finnish. About a guy named Pekka who lost his wallet in the sauna. He suspects that a cave troll took it.)
Three-Headed Turtle
New Mexico

Danjanon

My favourite was The Daily Mail :). There's something about your music that makes me think of Lemon Demon, and They Might be Giants.

Nephew Twiddleton

I like Three Headed Turtle and New Mexico. The Three Headed Turtle because I like the idea of a three headed turtle. And New MExico because of the crazy religious sentiment behind it.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Oysters Rockefeller

Ah, these are great. My favorite is New Mexico as well. I liked the guitar bit you had in the background. 

Also, you (or whoever you get to sing) hit some low notes on Daily Mail. Impressive!
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Danjanon

That's a good point, are you doing everything on the tracks or are there other people you work with?

Lenin McCarthy

Thank you very much for the feedback!

Yeah, everything's either me or sucky samples.

Danjanon

Also, kudos to you for being brake enough to put them up. All my song lyrics and short stories stay safely away in a notebook for no one to ever read lol

Oysters Rockefeller

Put 'em up! There are dicks out there, but most people are fairly cool about that stuff most of the time. The worst that will probably happen is you'll get some criticism, some of which will probably be good. And you might find out you're better than you thought you were.

Also, props to Lenin for playing/ singing so much of that. Good shtuff.
Well, my gynecologist committed suicide...
----------------------
I'm nothing if not kind of ridiculous and a little hard to take seriously.
----------------------
Moar liek Oysters Cockefeller, amirite?!

Danjanon

I'm going to show a couple of them to my friend who's a published poet. I'll put them up after that if I can muster the courage.

Mistre

Awww. They aren't available anymore =/
Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

Lenin McCarthy

Yeah, that hosting site died a few weeks ago, so I'll have to find somewhere else to host them.

Mistre

I really appreciate! I enjoy greatly your music =D
Uber Supreme Poobah of Pope-Groping™

He who acknowledges his own inability to answer a question is wise, he who does not seek one is stupid.

Lenin McCarthy

My school demands that I raise 400 Norwegian kroner (about 70 USD) for the benefit of caste-less Nepalese children, so I'm selling two songs on Bandcamp for 6 NOK (1 USD) or whatever you'd like.
http://splitteminegamasjer.bandcamp.com/album/are-people-really-robots

I just need some spare time and a free upload site, and I will put all the songs I feel like sharing freely available somewhere.