News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

New Theme for Principia Discordia Forum

Started by Reverend Jeremiah, December 07, 2008, 10:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Jeremiah

Quote from: Faust on December 08, 2008, 02:31:39 PM
wow, mind if I kidnap you?
I will try out the theme tonight and see is it compatable.

Sure, that is why I popped the theme up there as a download. The theme isnt 100% original (as is 99.99% of the other themes available for SMF), but is based on an existing theme. It also works with Tiny Portal (I love that mod, it turns your forum into a portal/website).

Are you this web sites web master? I sent a PM to ID#2 which should be the person who set up this forum but I havent recieved a reply.

If you have any problems and requests let them be asked, but my main priority right now is to get THIS forum continuous with the main site (if they will let me, of course)  8)

Faust

The Mgt is id #2, I work on some of they layout and stuff.
The Mgt wont be around much during the Christmas as far as I know. I'll talk to you about some of the forum layout stuff later on, I'm currently studying for an engineering economics exam.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Reverend Jeremiah

Wonderful Faust. Im going to pop you up as a friend on the PM system here (if it will let me) so we can keep in touch. I have also thought of making a Flash based nav board for the main site that would have all kinds of kooky visual effects when you access it. I love this site for its simplicity, of course, but if you REALLY want to get chaotic, then Flash animation is the way to go..and you are talking to the right person for the job...nutty Flash animation is my speciality.

Anyways, good luck on the Exam. I went through 7 years of 3 different schools (no degree either..lol) and I am done with exams myself. I now find myself content to continue my education online at my own time and the occasional electrical/code Lecture to keep me up to date.

LMNO

Why hasn't anyone's rampant paranoia kicked in yet, and naturally assumed he's some sort of hacker/scam artist intent on crashing the entire board with a hidden "feature" in the theme he created, allowing him to take total control of the site?

Faust

Quote from: LMNO on December 08, 2008, 03:19:54 PM
Why hasn't anyone's rampant paranoia kicked in yet, and naturally assumed he's some sort of hacker/scam artist intent on crashing the entire board with a hidden "feature" in the theme he created, allowing him to take total control of the site?
Thats a given, of course I am going to filter through the theme and test it on a dummy board. I thought it went without saying so I was being courteous, security is always paramount, or my avatar isn't Vladimir Putin.

Faust

Quote from: Reverend Jeremiah on December 08, 2008, 03:18:00 PM
Wonderful Faust. Im going to pop you up as a friend on the PM system here (if it will let me) so we can keep in touch. I have also thought of making a Flash based nav board for the main site that would have all kinds of kooky visual effects when you access it. I love this site for its simplicity, of course, but if you REALLY want to get chaotic, then Flash animation is the way to go..and you are talking to the right person for the job...nutty Flash animation is my speciality.

Anyways, good luck on the Exam. I went through 7 years of 3 different schools (no degree either..lol) and I am done with exams myself. I now find myself content to continue my education online at my own time and the occasional electrical/code Lecture to keep me up to date.

actually a flash for the front page is in the long term plan, I will message you about it later today.

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on December 08, 2008, 03:19:54 PM

I naturally assumed he was a clod when his first post was a plug, ala The Outlandish One.  And I think I still assume that, but I will play nice since others seem to have taken a shine to him. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Reverend Jeremiah

LMNO - LOL.. I have a test forum with the theme installed and I also have the package available in ZIP form for anyone to open in an html editor to confirm that it is what it is. I have also pledged support to fix any problems that may incur with its installation and expressed interest in future endevors.

Also, my myspace page has a link directly to this site (http://www.myspace.com/reverendjeremiah) , you will have to scroll down to see it. I have also worked well with other online sites, such as www.freethunk.com and the church of google among others.

But the MAIN reason you should trust me is because I SAY that Im trustworthy damnit!  :evil: And if you cant trust that I am not a member of the conspiracy then it is you who may just be a subtle master mind of the conspiracy that has infiltrated this forum to infest us with Trimetrionic demons from Uranus!

Honestly, how many years have you been a member of the conspiracy? I'm no pinkboy! I'm no "Bobbie" either. I can definitely smell "Dont trust me" and "Look the other way while I pick your pocket" written all over your post.

CynicalCichilid

:argh!: Flash sucks. Please, don't add flash to this forum!

Maybe some DHTML interactive animations, I could live with that. Considering that creating flash animations requires no programming skills whatsoever, it's glaringly obvious why so many people hate it screwing up their browsing experience.

Remember that adobe are morons and can't release a stable/secure player? It was recently found that all versions of flash could be used as a keylogger regardless of whether you had focus on the browser window. The flash player for Linux sucks too.

I don't mind the main site having flash, its just that scrolling on content laden pages with a flash banner at the top is painfully slow on old computers and Linux machines.

LMNO

Quote from: Reverend Jeremiah on December 08, 2008, 03:31:07 PM
LMNO - LOL.. I have a test forum with the theme installed and I also have the package available in ZIP form for anyone to open in an html editor to confirm that it is what it is. I have also pledged support to fix any problems that may incur with its installation and expressed interest in future endevors.

Also, my myspace page has a link directly to this site (http://www.myspace.com/reverendjeremiah) , you will have to scroll down to see it. I have also worked well with other online sites, such as www.freethunk.com and the church of google among others.

But the MAIN reason you should trust me is because I SAY that Im trustworthy damnit!  :evil: And if you cant trust that I am not a member of the conspiracy then it is you who may just be a subtle master mind of the conspiracy that has infiltrated this forum to infest us with Trimetrionic demons from Uranus!

Honestly, how many years have you been a member of the conspiracy? I'm no pinkboy! I'm no "Bobbie" either. I can definitely smell "Dont trust me" and "Look the other way while I pick your pocket" written all over your post.

Reverend Jeremiah

I also co-hosted a one hour podcast with Hellbound Alleee and Reverend Ivan Stang. Stang is a great guy and I got to talk with him for about a half hour before the show. I've been wanting to go to one of his devivals and maybe be a guest speaker, but I always seem to be too busy during X-day.

Anyways, here is the link to that podcast:

http://jesuschristarcade.com/index.php?topic=12.0

Reverend Jeremiah

Quote from: CynicalCichilid on December 08, 2008, 03:37:44 PM
:argh!: Flash sucks. Please, don't add flash to this forum!

I am well aware of the ins and outs of Flash. Some people even disable Flash in their browsers and that would make it where they cannot see the nav board at all. There is always a pro and con issue with ANY nav option you consider. If Flash is used, I would suggest an html nav on the same pages as well. I would definitely NOT suggest making the site 100% flash either. I have found that a good mix of different file types makes for a great presentation.

and we are only talking about the main site. I would NOT suggest using anything other than Simple Machines Forums for this forum. I have tried ALL of the other forum softwares out there, and SMF is the best. Its so good, I use it EXCLUSIVELY for my entire site.

LMNO

To be honest, alll I want is a fast-loading board that could pass at a glance as some application I use for work.  Too many bells and whistles would draw attention to the fact that I'm not actually working.

Faust

Quote from: LMNO on December 08, 2008, 03:50:54 PM
To be honest, alll I want is a fast-loading board that could pass at a glance as some application I use for work.  Too many bells and whistles would draw attention to the fact that I'm not actually working.
The board has been sluggish today, but otherwise isn't that what we have?

AFK

Yes.  It's not borked, so I'm not sure it needs to be fixed. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.