News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

I Am Free

Started by POFP, March 29, 2014, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on March 30, 2014, 11:38:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 30, 2014, 11:28:16 PM
Nihilism is dismal.  Its about as edgy as a bus station bathroom.  Just saying.

Yeah, but there's not much else at the moment.

This is incorrect.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

What is happening here is that PoFP is not here to debate a point.  He is here to STATE a point, then duck out of anything resembling a debate.  In short, he's here to preach.

Which you can also get here:  http://christianity.com

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 31, 2014, 02:10:44 AM
What is happening here is that PoFP is not here to debate a point.  He is here to STATE a point, then duck out of anything resembling a debate.  In short, he's here to preach.

Which you can also get here:  http://christianity.com

At the risk of unduly labeling, he seems a little wrapped up in the whole "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe" mindset.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Johnny

I can understand why you'd see some preacher in him, but rather i see it as masked insecurity.

I think hes just confused, whenever any point of his stance is poked, it crumbles, so yeah.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Pæs

Quote from: The Johnny on March 31, 2014, 02:49:20 AM

I can understand why you'd see some preacher in him, but rather i see it as masked insecurity.

I think hes just confused, whenever any point of his stance is poked, it crumbles, so yeah.
I am leaning towards this. Methinks the newbie doth assert too boldly.

Cain

Quote from: Pæs on March 30, 2014, 08:14:08 PM
Do you really find that "SHEEPLE/FREEPLE" or similar is a useful model to use to interact with the world? Because it sounds like an ego trip.

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

I actually prefer this one:

but it's a little less pertinent to the discussion at hand

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

POFP

I'm here to throw around and discuss ideas and perspectives so that I may broaden mine. I am completely willing to debate. However, I WILL NOT assert that my OPINION on anything is correct.

THIS. No conclusion on anything that I ever come to, EVER, is stable enough to stand against outside ideas. My view of everything is constantly changing. But I'm ok with that.

Quote from: Hoopla on March 31, 2014, 02:16:25 AM
At the risk of unduly labeling, he seems a little wrapped up in the whole "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe" mindset.

Sounds about right. But I say this often ^

"Assert too boldly" indeed.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

hooplala

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on March 31, 2014, 05:32:34 PM

I'm here to throw around and discuss ideas and perspectives so that I may broaden mine. I am completely willing to debate. However, I WILL NOT assert that my OPINION on anything is correct.

THIS. No conclusion on anything that I ever come to, EVER, is stable enough to stand against outside ideas. My view of everything is constantly changing. But I'm ok with that.

Quote from: Hoopla on March 31, 2014, 02:16:25 AM

Sounds about right. But I say this often ^

"Assert too boldly" indeed.

Well, there's hope for you yet.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

POFP

Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2014, 08:03:54 AM
Do you really find that "SHEEPLE/FREEPLE" or similar is a useful model to use to interact with the world? Because it sounds like an ego trip.

I tend to see every person on the planet as a God. I'm not sure, though, if this is just my way of being "OK" with everything that humans do, good and BAD. It reduces unwanted internal conflict, but it borders Nihilism. That is one of my worries.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

hooplala

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on March 31, 2014, 05:40:27 PM
Quote from: Cain on March 31, 2014, 08:03:54 AM

I tend to see every person on the planet as a God. I'm not sure, though, if this is just my way of being "OK" with everything that humans do, good and BAD. It reduces unwanted internal conflict, but it borders Nihilism. That is one of my worries.

It can also lead to shit like the Leopold & Loeb case... so, you might wanna watch that.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

So this thread is basically angst?

TGRR,
Doesn't get it.

Cain

Oh good.

I thought it was just me, being sleep deprived.  I'm glad I'm not the only one.