News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

Is this a joke?

Started by GrannySmith, August 07, 2013, 12:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

SCIENCE has determined that somehow, infants are able to survive and even grow WITHOUT FOOD for the first six months of their lives. How do they do it??
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, his claim that it's "FDA approved".

It's FOOD. Its not like it has passed some special FDA process, it's JUST A FUCKING VEGETARIAN PROTEIN SHAKE FFS.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

McGrupp

Not to mention that the feedtube stuff that goes in your nose has been around for decades. No one thinks that that isn't food.

It's the way the guy fucks with definitions of things that drives me nuts. Also stuff like this:

QuoteThe idea of "real food" is just snobbery.

If he made it out of rocks or dirt I would be impressed. Liquifying real food =/= synthetic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: McGrupp on August 23, 2013, 06:01:38 PM
Not to mention that the feedtube stuff that goes in your nose has been around for decades. No one thinks that that isn't food.

It's the way the guy fucks with definitions of things that drives me nuts. Also stuff like this:

QuoteThe idea of "real food" is just snobbery.

If he made it out of rocks or dirt I would be impressed. Liquifying real food =/= synthetic

Yeah, it's obnoxious.

Now, if he'd just straight-up said "it's an inexpensive nutritionally complete vegetarian protein shake" I might actually have gotten excited about it, because I totally drink protein shakes for lunch sometimes when I'm on campus and tight on time, and those things cost like $4 and have way too much sugar in them.

The outlandish claims are just toooo much, though. It makes me hope his venture crashes and burns.