News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Wow WHAT THEEEE FUCK EVEN

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, August 11, 2013, 05:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Johnny on August 12, 2013, 01:22:26 AM

interpersonal boundaries? how do they work?

although its in a place where one wouldnt fear an abduction, its basicly a bad excuse for some retard to rub his junk against your body

how would it make them feel to get picked up by gay body builders who were just "picking up guys"?

Broad-daylight kidnappings happen all the time, unfortunately.

But yeah, either way, making that free with other people's bodies isn't cool even if actual abduction wasn't a fear.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quotehow would it make them feel to get picked up by gay body builders who were just "picking up guys"?

Oh yes.

Oh yes indeed.

I see a swarm of highly oiled gay body-builders patrolling con venues watching for idiot behaviour, waiting to deliver the greasy grope of shame. That's a mark that will stay with these fellows for quite some time. It may even shock them enough to make them re-evaluate their behaviour.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Doktor Howl

I'd say it's a battery.  Not an assault, a battery. 

You don't put hands on people without their consent. 
Molon Lube

MMIX

It would make quite an OK sketch for a tv show. Not great literature but an amusing enough play on words. The problem is that the boundary between TV and "reality TV" seems to have blurred what is acceptable. If this was done with actors a lot of the boundary issues would not exist. You can argue that the sketch would still be tacky and tasteless ( yep, I would argue that strongly) but I'm sure it is no worse than a lot of the trash that TV pumps out. The jerks who made this don't seem to have got to grips with the idea that you can't always do to the general public what you can do in a studio to consenting professional entertainers.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on August 12, 2013, 05:55:45 PM
It would make quite an OK sketch for a tv show.

We could also have "Celebrity Drink Roofying."
Molon Lube

MMIX

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 05:58:16 PM

I'm assuming that you didn't read the whole post
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on August 12, 2013, 06:02:04 PM

Sure I did.  I agree that inappropriate behavior is perfectly acceptable, so long as only actors are involved.
Molon Lube

MMIX

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

Sure I did.  I agree that inappropriate behavior is perfectly acceptable, so long as only actors are involved.

Point being that 10/20 years ago we coulden't have had this conversation because that kind of humour would have been mainstream. No its not cool to degrade actors merely for a cheap laugh especially female ones. Sadly that is pretty much the whole history of broadcast entertainment. What is interesting about the reaction to this stunt is that there is a new ethic in play. It will be interesting to see where that takes us. God forbid that it ever does lead to "Celebrity Drink Roofying" but you'd have to admit that as a species we tend more to the low-brow and tasteless than the high-brow and tasteful, so that may indeed be our tragic fate.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on August 12, 2013, 06:13:50 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 12, 2013, 06:05:19 PM

Point being that 10/20 years ago we coulden't have had this conversation because that kind of humour would have been mainstream. No its not cool to degrade actors merely for a cheap laugh especially female ones. Sadly that is pretty much the whole history of broadcast entertainment. What is interesting about the reaction to this stunt is that there is a new ethic in play. It will be interesting to see where that takes us. God forbid that it ever does lead to "Celebrity Drink Roofying" but you'd have to admit that as a species we tend more to the low-brow and tasteless than the high-brow and tasteful, so that may indeed be our tragic fate.

20 years ago, making fun of homosexuals on TV was perfectly acceptable.  It isn't now.

Nor, I think, is helping rape culture stay acceptable.
Molon Lube

MMIX

Absolutely. But some people haven't caught up with the parade yet. They (perpetrators) will learn or burn. One of the more interesting bits of the vid was the self possessed reactions of some of the young women. Thats a good sign, but a lot of them were still quite accepting of the  prank. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: MMIX on August 12, 2013, 07:02:14 PM
Absolutely. But some people haven't caught up with the parade yet. They (perpetrators) will learn or burn. One of the more interesting bits of the vid was the self possessed reactions of some of the young women. Thats a good sign, but a lot of them were still quite accepting of the  prank.

I don't see that as a reason to stage the same material using actors.
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

It's going to be great to see how this thinking eventually deals with other cultures.

Brazil, for instance, does not have the most enlightened lookout on women and "pranks" on TV. Same could be said for Japan or a number of other places. Anyone got any ideas about how to spread a more modern view in these kind of cultures? I'd assume this to be kind of necessary as there is little point in having an equal society if you can jump on a short flight to Explotationville.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Fortunately in the case of Japan, if there is anything more retrograde than their attitude towards women, it's their attitude towards foreigners. 

Junkenstein

There is that.

I can't see a debate on Kancho taking place any time soon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho

Yeah.

ETA-
http://web.archive.org/web/20080409032050/http://www.gaijinsmash.net/archives/ass_wars_episode_vi_return_of_the_kancho.phtml

QuoteMousey tried to kancho me today. This was kind of surprising, as I hadn't had any attempts in a while.

You see, kancho is mostly an elementary school thing. I'm grateful to say, kids grow out of the "Hey! Wouldn't it be fun to stick my fingers up someone's butt?" phase somewhere around 12-13 years old. So it's rare to get any kancho attempts from the ninensei or sannensei. The ichinensei on the other hand... While they're not particularly prone to it, they might bust it out for special occasions. Like "welcoming" the new foreign teacher. April is particularly dangerous, because that's when the ichinensei enter Jr. High School straight from elementary school. New school, new asses, it's like unlocking hidden levels in Ass Raider or something.I hadn't had any attempts since last April. The new ichinensei had just entered Jr. High, and one day one boy tempted fate against me. Thanks to my trusty Kancho SenseTM I avoided getting my oil checked, but I realized that if I didn't head this shit off at the pass, I'd have to be parrying them for at least the next few months. So I turned around and chased the boy down. He was surprised, he probably didn't think I could move that fast. I caught him. I restrained him with my left hand, dropped to one knee, put my right hand back as far as I could, said, "One thousand years of pain!!" in the over-blown anime style and everything, and prepared to kancho him straight to Hell. The boy was freaked out. I think tears were even streaming down his face. I don't blame him. In retrospect, I can't even imagine. You're a 12-year-old Japanese boy being forcibly restrained by a large black man who is bound and determined to penetrate your ass. I would have been crying too.

Ah wikipedia and the links you lead to.