News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Fill in the Save Me Blank!

Started by Bharlion, January 11, 2008, 06:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bharlion

I keep saying "Only __________ can save me now!" in a very loud voice because it sounds funny and I have gone insane from isolation. Sometimes it is Bertold Brecht, Longcat, Oliver Cromwell, Richard Nixon, Cthulhu, Aqua-man, Oliver Stone, Kelly Clarkson, The Beatles, or whoever else I feel like. I figured it would be fun if we all come up with my own personal savior. Many people ask Jesus, God, Allah, Yahweh, Vishnu or whoever else to save them or whoever else but most religious figures are very busy as many people would request being saved by them. However Oliver Stone isn't that busy so he wouldn't mind just swinging by in his jet car and saving me from the post modernist nightmare that I am trapped in. What about you, what obscure figure from history would you like to be saved from the nightmare of this wretched necroglobe by?

This was a meme thread. But that has been done I was informed. So no more meme, super heroes! ONLY! Well our kind. Not the regular boring krytonian Kal-el kind.

I not am trying to make a big long funny thread with lots of one liner memes.  :lulz: I am trying to make a big funny collection of obscure heroes that would save us discordians in the even of disaster. for example, Oliver Stone. I am so silly somtimes. I really should talk to my handler. I am going t go hide until my handler comes back with more food.

Now go play children. We need obscure heroes for our obscure people.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Eve

Quote from: Bharlion on January 11, 2008, 06:52:35 AM
I am trying to make a big long funny thread with lots of one liner memes.  :lulz:

WHAT A GOOD IDEA!

While yer at it, check out http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=11054.0, where you will find that it already exists.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

yeah...62 pages of it already exists.

FUCK i hate that word

Eve

Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

i cant say it. i hate it. it fills me with RAGE. and gerbils. RAGE GERBILS. kay...

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Bharlion on January 11, 2008, 06:52:35 AM
I keep saying "Only __________ can save me now!" in a very loud voice because it sounds funny and I have gone insane from isolation. Sometimes it is Bertold Brecht, Longcat, Oliver Cromwell, Richard Nixon, Cthulhu, Aqua-man, Oliver Stone, Kelly Clarkson, The Beatles, or whoever else I feel like. I figured it would be fun if we all come up with my own personal savior. Many people ask Jesus, God, Allah, Yahweh, Vishnu or whoever else to save them or whoever else but most religious figures are very busy as many people would request being saved by them. However Oliver Stone isn't that busy so he wouldn't mind just swinging by in his jet car and saving me from the post modernist nightmare that I am trapped in. What about you, what obscure figure from history would you like to be saved from the nightmare of this wretched necroglobe by?

"I".

Cain

And ZANG!

I hate to bring him up again, but this is what I hate about Ron Paul cultists in particular.  "Only Ron Paul can free America!" (I have seen this several hundred times in news comments).

No, only you can free yourself, dumbfuck.  The fact that you are dependent on a politician for your 'freedom' doesn't make you free at all, it just makes you another variety of the idiots who got your country into a mess in the first place.  And you can moan and blame it on the Federal Reserve, on 'big government' on teh J00s and Mexicans or whatever else, but the fact comes down to it that only you can ever really be responsible for your freedom.

And the religious are no better either.  "Freedom is doing God's will" I have heard priests and the like say.  No, freedom is deciding whether or not you want do what the Big Sky Person's book of stories says is his will.  Its on you, to decide if you accept the Big Sky Spirit's worldview, and if you don't, then don't follow him/her/it/them.  If you independently came to the same conclusions, then fair enough.  But I'd bet 90% of people did it because someone in authority told them to.  And authority can never, ever free you.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

AFK

This thread needs to be framed somewhere.  Seriously. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2008, 02:33:57 PM
I hate to bring him up again, but this is what I hate about Ron Paul cultists in particular.  "Only Ron Paul can free America!" (I have seen this several hundred times in news comments).

This is a bit of a stretch.

Every person that is passionate about a candidate to the point of blind devotion are that type of person.
I think it's worse with the others because Paul's libertarian bent is about relying on yourself and your community, not your government.
Look at the Dem supporters again and reevaluate your statement.
This space for rent.

Cain

Quote from: hunter s.durden on January 11, 2008, 04:27:52 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2008, 02:33:57 PM

This is a bit of a stretch.

Every person that is passionate about a candidate to the point of blind devotion are that type of person.
I think it's worse with the others because Paul's libertarian bent is about relying on yourself and your community, not your government.
Look at the Dem supporters again and reevaluate your statement.

No, I stand by my statement.  All the other candidates I have bothered to look into say they can change America.  There is a difference.

Mainly in that their supporters do not spam funny, apolitical YouTube videos with their mantras 10,000 odd times.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2008, 04:31:50 PM
No, I stand by my statement.  All the other candidates I have bothered to look into say they can change America.  There is a difference.

Paul wants change.
They all say that. It's their mantra right now, and it doesn't mean shit.

Don't you know any Clinton supporters?
This space for rent.

Cain

Yep, and they're tards as well.  But at least they'll admit up front they think the government should be their friend.  In that sense, they've abdicated personal responsibility already.  Ron Paul supporters think the government is the enemy, yet they want Ron Paul to free them...by becoming head of that government.

Its retarded on a far more basic level than even Hillary's supporters could be.