News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Censorship.

Started by Adios, April 27, 2007, 09:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Actually, this is worse than censorship.

It's "thoughtcrime".

Some legal experts said the charge against Allen Lee is troubling because it was over an essay that even police admit contained no direct threats against anyone at the school.

He had the wrong thoughts.  He is now being prosecuted by the law.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

It makes my blood run cold.

Suu

:roll:

I'm not surprised this happened, to be completely honest. However I think the teacher took the wrong course of action. Typically if they feel disturbed by a student's writing, I think they should obviously have an intimate conference with the parents and the student and probably a guidance councelor/social worker, rather than automatically bring the authorities into it assuming that, because of recent events, disturbing creative writer = murderer.

If that's the case, Stephen King and Anne Rice better be incarcerated YESTERDAY.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kaou Suu on April 27, 2007, 09:42:13 PM

I'm not surprised this happened, to be completely honest. However I think the teacher took the wrong course of action. Typically if they feel disturbed by a student's writing, I think they should obviously have an intimate conference with the parents and the student and probably a guidance councelor/social worker, rather than automatically bring the authorities into it assuming that, because of recent events, disturbing creative writer = murderer.

If that's the case, Stephen King and Anne Rice better be incarcerated YESTERDAY.

The funniest assholes in this situation were the cops.

They'd last about 30 seconds in our squadroom.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Richter

Straight "A" student, huh?
To pull those grade you need to either be a rote zombie or repressing SOMETHING. 
Emotion was assigned, emotion was recieved.  Akin to being supprised when a dog locked ina  car on a hot day wants fresh air.

-R
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 27, 2007, 09:43:51 PM
Quote from: Kaou Suu on April 27, 2007, 09:42:13 PM

The funniest assholes in this situation were the cops.

They'd last about 30 seconds in our squadroom.

"We didn't think anything was threatening, but the teacher said it was bad so..." *cuffs*

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on April 27, 2007, 09:49:12 PM

To pull those grade you need to either be a rote zombie or repressing SOMETHING. 

What did you just say about my kid?

Richter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 27, 2007, 09:52:24 PM
Quote from: Richter on April 27, 2007, 09:49:12 PM

What did you just say about my kid?

Public schools, per my own run, were none to easy on the brain.

(Well, I did generalize and all.  Fire at will, sir.)

-R
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Really, dude?  I was a mediocre student, but only because I didn't feel like working for a good mark.

Good grades aren't a bad sign, good behavior is.

Suu

I broke a kid's jaw in middle school yet I had a cumulative GPA of 3.7. What does that make me?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Kaou Suu on April 28, 2007, 12:39:59 AM
I broke a kid's jaw in middle school yet I had a cumulative GPA of 3.7. What does that make me?

A 40 YEAR OLD FAT GUY!

Jasper

Quote from: Kaou Suu on April 28, 2007, 12:39:59 AM

Smarter and more manly than me. :/

maphdet

I'd be interested in reading the essay.

But regardless of what it states, being arrested for something like this is scary.
I can understand, maybe being pulled aside and talked to by the teacher maybe, but arrested for writing:  :eek:
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-