News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

Facebook group

Started by Adios, January 12, 2011, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Unless this has a specific purpose it will kill this board. If it is just going to be another place to be silly, count me gone.

LMNO

You're saying PD.com will only be me, you, and RWHN?

I love it when a plan comes together.

Adios

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 12, 2011, 07:08:15 PM
You're saying PD.com will only be me, you, and RWHN?

I love it when a plan comes together.

And Roger.

Phox

I'm not leaving here for there, sorry to disappoint  you, LMNO. :lulz:

I may have to kill it with fire though.

LMNO

I was merely observing that some of us don't have access to the full compliment of Facebook options while at work, which renders us unable to employ the "Groups" function.  Ergo, our only recourse is PD.com.

Whatever

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on January 12, 2011, 07:11:14 PM
I was merely observing that some of us don't have access to the full compliment of Facebook options while at work, which renders us unable to employ the "Groups" function.  Ergo, our only recourse is PD.com.

THIS!

Phox

Yes, and when I start back at school next week, I will be in the same boat, I believe.

Adios

I just don't want to be spread that thin. Concentration is tough enough as it is.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm not leaving PD.

I'm gonna poomp a bit more until facebook kicks me, but I'm not going to a Discordian facebook group.  For one thing, it would be redundant.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

I don't facefuck often enough for it to be an issue.  Oh and the work thing. 

But I don't mind the facefuck GROUP as it is another manifestation of the same thing.  It's interesting to listen to everyone's comments, just like it's interesting here. 

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 12, 2011, 08:12:54 PM
I'm not leaving PD.

I'm gonna poomp a bit more until facebook kicks me, but I'm not going to a Discordian facebook group.  For one thing, it would be redundant.

Yeah, I left the group.

Phox

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 12, 2011, 08:48:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 12, 2011, 08:12:54 PM
I'm not leaving PD.

Yeah, I left the group.

I'll probably be going into an orgy of hate and bile in the near future. It could be entertaining.

Richter

I was merely observing that some of us don't have access to the full compliment of Facebook options while at work,

This. 
I'm not leaving this joint.  The FB option is amusing, but too disorganized.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Johnny

Wait, theres a purpose for Facebook other than snooping and being creepy?  :eek:

So many years lost!
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

hooplala

I didn't realize the FB group was intended as an alternative.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman