News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

So... Vegetarians...

Started by hooplala, September 12, 2012, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 12, 2012, 07:18:16 PM
This is the best 1st world problem I've ever seen.  Most of the world is fighting over a handful of spoiled rice, and these bastards are whimpering because plentiful meat might be available that didn't require a death.

HERE'S THE REASON:  With non-animal meat available, the most effective selling tool they have for their religion goes away.  They will no longer feel special.  Many of them base their entire sense of self-worth on this sort of thing, so you aren't just challenging their beliefs, but also their IDENTITY.
Well that, and also vegetarian and vegan memes for some reason mesh really well with Cult of the Natural memes.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Bu🤠ns

This is the best 1st world problem I've ever seen.  Most of the world is fighting over a handful of spoiled rice, and these bastards are whimpering because plentiful meat might be available that didn't require a death.

HERE'S THE REASON:  With non-animal meat available, the most effective selling tool they have for their religion goes away.  They will no longer feel special.  Many of them base their entire sense of self-worth on this sort of thing, so you aren't just challenging their beliefs, but also their IDENTITY.

HELL YES

and thus would render their tattoos out of date.  :lol:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: VERBL on September 12, 2012, 07:23:27 PM

Well that, and also vegetarian and vegan memes for some reason mesh really well with Cult of the Natural memes.

Oh, yeah, those dumbfucks.

Humans are tool-users.  Technology IS natural for us.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

lab meat has about 90% less of an environmental impact. Of course, it has never actually been attempted on any kind of scale, and the actual processing of that meat has never happened, and the electroshock techniques that would be required to turn it from formless goo into actual strands of muscle that look and taste like real meat, has not been developed yet. but ounce for ounce it uses 80-90% less water, 90-95% less power, and produces 98% fewer rednecks and hillbillies than traditional farms and ranches do.

Source: http://www.science20.com/curious_cub/environmental_impact_labgrown_meat-80996
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

hooplala

Cannibalism has been working just fine for me.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Hoopla on September 12, 2012, 07:28:52 PM

Whoops.  Wrong thread. 

I meant to post this in Discordian Recipes.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Hoopla on September 12, 2012, 07:34:51 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on September 12, 2012, 07:28:52 PM

Whoops.  Wrong thread. 

I meant to post this in Discordian Recipes.

Works here, too.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

Quote from: VERBL on September 12, 2012, 07:19:28 PM
Anyway, there are fortunately several other plants out there you can eat, and some of them even provide protein. :)

Quinoa for everyone!

EK WAFFLR

Anyway, there are fortunately several other plants out there you can eat, and some of them even provide protein. :)

A muslim friend of mine  issued a fatwa a few years ago, declaring bacon to be a fruit, and therefore halal, so you're absolutely right.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on September 12, 2012, 07:49:22 PM

A muslim friend of mine  issued a fatwa a few years ago, declaring bacon to be a fruit, and therefore halal, so you're absolutely right.

I like this friend of yours.  He seems so much more reasonable than most religious people I know, of ANY religion.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 12, 2012, 07:50:15 PM

I like this friend of yours.  He seems so much more reasonable than most religious people I know, of ANY religion.

He's a great guy. He goes by the moniker Mad Mullah Hastur, has a bigger beard than me, and is Norway's leading expert on the history of vibrators. 
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Cain

Duped supporters of the Meatocracy, ITT

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Waffles, The Iron on September 12, 2012, 07:53:57 PM
Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 12, 2012, 07:50:15 PM

He's a great guy. He goes by the moniker Mad Mullah Hastur, has a bigger beard than me, and is Norway's leading expert on the history of vibrators.

You will bring this man to Tucson.  We need him.

And if you can't afford the trip, no worries.  Everyone dies eventually, and you two are DEFINITELY slated for Tucson.  Weird bastards.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on September 12, 2012, 08:01:02 PM

I find myself unable to reply, on account of my privileged status induced by this here ham sammich.

<insert profanity and screeching here, as required>

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on September 12, 2012, 08:01:02 PM

WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY?  I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY MEAT SUIT.
                               \

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman