News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

Sarah Palin flowchart

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 01, 2008, 05:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voodoo

Quote from: Jason Wabash on September 17, 2008, 01:05:28 AM
Quote from: Requiem on September 16, 2008, 08:40:56 PM
Quote from: Vene on September 16, 2008, 03:50:03 PM

Look!  It's fossil evidence!

What. the. fuck.

whoever made that apparently never saw a real human footprint.
Congratulations!  You are now officially smarter than a Creationist!

if creationists are so big into fossil evidence...  wait, I can't even finish this statement it is so retarded.  I used to have a coworker who swore that dinosaurs weren't real.  He believed the "archeologists" were carving the bones out of rock, not uncovering them!

I guess the creationists should just get some bigfoot prints and ask science to explain where the sasquatch fits into the evolutionary scale.

AFK

A few years ago, I saw this special on EWTN, the Catholic Cable network.  They were trying to demonstrate the world was only however many thousands of years the Bible claims it is.  They were trying to refute the argument of how fossil fuels demonstrates that the Earth must be millions of years old because it takes a long, long ass time for fossil fuels to form.

So, some Catholic scientist was trying to demonstrate how a fossil fuel could be made in just a few thousand years.  He basically just cut off a part of a dowel, put it in this high pressure thingy to simulate a plant being under pressure for a few thousand of years.  He pulled it out and said "voila, coal!"  But, the little piece of wood just looked like it was burnt, didn't look like any coal I've ever seen.

It was pretty comical. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Vene

Quote from: Jason Wabash on September 17, 2008, 01:05:28 AM
Quote from: Requiem on September 16, 2008, 08:40:56 PM
Quote from: Vene on September 16, 2008, 03:50:03 PM

Look!  It's fossil evidence!

What. the. fuck.

whoever made that apparently never saw a real human footprint.
Congratulations!  You are now officially smarter than a Creationist!
That's not much of an accomplishment.

Requia ☣

I know some (otherwise) brilliant creationinsts actually.  Its sad how many minds we lose to dogma and anti-intellectual groupthink.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Kai

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 17, 2008, 02:54:34 PM
A few years ago, I saw this special on EWTN, the Catholic Cable network.  They were trying to demonstrate the world was only however many thousands of years the Bible claims it is.  They were trying to refute the argument of how fossil fuels demonstrates that the Earth must be millions of years old because it takes a long, long ass time for fossil fuels to form.

So, some Catholic scientist was trying to demonstrate how a fossil fuel could be made in just a few thousand years.  He basically just cut off a part of a dowel, put it in this high pressure thingy to simulate a plant being under pressure for a few thousand of years.  He pulled it out and said "voila, coal!"  But, the little piece of wood just looked like it was burnt, didn't look like any coal I've ever seen.

It was pretty comical. 

Pressure (billions of tons), heat, and lots of time. Fossil chemistry requires millions of years to occur. Rock cannot just replace bone overnight. Strata don't get layed down in a couple centuries.

But you knew that already.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requiem on September 17, 2008, 11:55:30 PM
I know some (otherwise) brilliant creationinsts actually.  Its sad how many minds we lose to dogma and anti-intellectual groupthink.

ESPECIALLY ALL THE SHEEP THAT GO AFTER DARUKO, RIGHT?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

The only way any of this election is going to make sense to me is if they have Gilbert Godfried covering the election and the Benny Hill theme playing in the background, constantly, for the next four years.

tyrannosaurus vex

My favorite theory about this election is that the media is doing everything it can to make it seem like a much closer race than it actually is. From everything I have seen myself, it doesn't sound completely unbelievable. The fact that I live in Wyoming but have seen more campaign signs for Obama than for McCain does catch my attention.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Verbal Mike

http://www.electoral-vote.com/
Don't know how much effect the media can have on polls in general, but it does look like a dead heat from this collection of data.
I do get the feeling (from afar) that there are lots of people strongly in favor of Obama, far more than actually love McCain... McCain's voters seem to be voting merely Republican/Conservative/Palin, whereas lots of Obama voters are voting Obama.

But I can't help thinking the elections will be subtly rigged, like they very likely were in 2004 (voting machines, etc, bla bla).
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

tyrannosaurus vex

Well, I'm under no illusions that Wyoming will go to Obama in November. But it's interesting to see that even here, the most visible signs of support are for a Democrat. It probably is attributable to the fact that the Democratic minority is more vocal this year, but the more vocal and motivated a group is, the more likely they are to actually vote.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: VERB` on September 22, 2008, 11:21:29 PM
http://www.electoral-vote.com/
Don't know how much effect the media can have on polls in general, but it does look like a dead heat from this collection of data.
I do get the feeling (from afar) that there are lots of people strongly in favor of Obama, far more than actually love McCain... McCain's voters seem to be voting merely Republican/Conservative/Palin, whereas lots of Obama voters are voting Obama.

But I can't help thinking the elections will be subtly rigged, like they very likely were in 2004 (voting machines, etc, bla bla).
FiveThirtyEight has it a lot further apart (currently 311.5 for Obama, 226.5 McCain).  The interesting thing is the Super Tracker chart in the right hand column.  Looks like the Palin bump is completely gone now.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

I thought that that stupid poll had been killed already.  I know of several different sites that have been trying to sway it one way then another.

QuoteTotal Votes: 46076195
:eek:
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

I think it's funny it never moves.  Stays at 48/51 for DAYS.