Open Bar: We're going to build a bar, and make the drinks pay for it!

Started by Cain, March 04, 2016, 04:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: trix on July 29, 2016, 04:48:05 PM
I have a certain group of friends trying really hard to convince me to waste my vote writing in bernie.

I just don't understand.  Nobody likes Clinton, but how is keeping Trump away from political power not the #1 goal of this election???

I like Clinton.  She wasn't my first choice, but that's all over now and your choices are:

1.  Vote for Clinton.
2.  Vote for Trump.
3.  Half a vote for Trump by voting for some 3rd party loon or by writing in the candidate that is screaming "IT'S OVER!"

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Cain on July 30, 2016, 04:04:19 AM
Mostly so I can check my emails on the move.

Also, if I do end up leaving this place, I'll likely not be carrying around my laptop so much.  It works for me here, because of the whole living where I work deal, but chances are whatever job I end up getting next, that won't be the arrangement.  The new laptop is kinda heavy...

I've read more books on my phone in the past year than I have read physical books in at least the past 10 years combined.

But everyone jokes about how tiny I keep the font on my work computers*, so your mileage may vary.

*Joke's on them because I can easily read everything on their screen when I walk by, but when people try to shoulder surf me they just squint while I casually close inappropriate tabs like a goddamn champion.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have a certain group of friends trying really hard to convince me to waste my vote writing in bernie.

I just don't understand.  Nobody likes Clinton, but how is keeping Trump away from political power not the #1 goal of this election???

People have gotten pretty mad at me for posting my opinion on that. I find them horrifying, in a DEAR GOD IS THAT GRANDMA WHY IS SHE COVERED IN LEECHES HOW ARE THERE SO MANY LEECHES kind of way, and they find me rude.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 30, 2016, 04:54:35 AM

People have gotten pretty mad at me for posting my opinion on that. I find them horrifying, in a DEAR GOD IS THAT GRANDMA WHY IS SHE COVERED IN LEECHES HOW ARE THERE SO MANY LEECHES kind of way, and they find me rude.

In the 24 hours since I said Clinton haters on facebook sounding like they wanted to wear her as a skin suit, I have seen 0 Clinton hating posts.

I'm calling that a victory.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on July 30, 2016, 01:57:55 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on July 30, 2016, 04:54:35 AM

In the 24 hours since I said Clinton haters on facebook sounding like they wanted to wear her as a skin suit, I have seen 0 Clinton hating posts.

I'm calling that a victory.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

One thing I have been having a hard time wrapping my mind around is how they feel like it's fine for them to post on Facebook about how evil and horrible she is, and how they just can't in good conscience vote for her... and it IS fine for them to post that shit, it's their wall, their opinions, they can go to town on a turd pony if they want to, it's none of my damn business - but if someone posts something on their own wall about how horrified they are at the ramifications of NOT voting for Clinton, they jump onto that person's post as if they are being VICIOUSLY, CRUELLY ATTACKED, CONDESCENDED TO, GUILT TRIPPED, and PERSONALLY MALIGNED. C'mon, man. If that reactivity isn't driven by cognitive dissonance, I don't know what is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In fact, I think I'm going to post that on my wall and see how many people I can piss off today. BRB.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This. This story. This person belongs on here. They know things. THEY KNOW. http://thebibliosphere.tumblr.com/post/145440454846/ridiculously-easy
QuoteRidiculously Easy.

"Ridiculously easy buttermilk biscuits!" You click the link. It's a novella about finding inner peace in suburbia. You never knew you were disturbed till now.

"Ridiculously easy green beans!" You click the link, there are twelve ingredients. None of them are green beans.

"Ridiculously easy salted pistachio caramel latte coffee cake in three easy steps!" You click the link. There are twelve steps.

"Ridiculously easy marshmallow fondant!" You click the link. It's another novella about suburbia, this time about the dangers of feeding chemicals to your children. You wonder when you acquired these children and worry about their eyes. They are too bright, too happy, too shining...

"Ridiculously easy evaporated milk custard!*" *Must own own cow.

"Ridiculously easy shortcake in 12 steps!" You click the link. There are no steps.

"Ridiculously easy, easy to make, easy in three minutes, easy!" It doesn't tell you what you're making but you're pretty certain it shouldn't be hissing.

"Ridiculously easy," the article reads, "easy, it's so easy, easy" you hear laughing. Your face hurts why does your face hurt?

"It's so easy," you tell you friends, your smile is not your own. You can feel your teeth growing, "so easy, you'll hardly feel a thing!"

Freeky

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 30, 2016, 09:56:38 PM
Quote from: Freeky on July 30, 2016, 09:17:33 PM
:lulz:  oh my god.

Who's on the outreach committee? It's fucking golden.

Someone should send her a link to Alty's sweet potato recipe.

Freeky

Oh my goodness, I followed her and so much amazing happened in my feed. 

She really is one of us. 

Q. G. Pennyworth

Actual thing I have now actually said on a first date: "I am not going to make out with you or kill you."

POFP

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 31, 2016, 04:59:08 PM
Actual thing I have now actually said on a first date: "I am not going to make out with you or kill you."

:lulz: What could have ever given him the idea that you would?
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Fernando Poo on July 31, 2016, 05:09:00 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on July 31, 2016, 04:59:08 PM

:lulz: What could have ever given him the idea that you would?

Something about the roof of the creepy parking garage, I guess?