News:

Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

Sure, they didn't win the World Cup, but...

Started by LMNO, July 15, 2010, 04:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Argentina just legalized gay marriage.

QuoteAfter a heated fourteen hour debate, Argentina passed a bill to legalize same-sex marriage last night, becoming the first country in Latin America to do so. As children and elderly nuns protested outside in near-freezing weather, the Senate voted 33-27 to pass the amendment, which will be signed into law when President Cristina Fernandez returns from a trip to China. In addition to allowing gay couples to marry—which the majority of Argentines support—it also enables them to adopt children, a provision that was met with more public resistance. In a statement following the vote, Cabinet Chief Aníbal Fernández announced that the Senate has "vindicated the rights of our society," and said that he didn't believe the decision would strain relations with the Catholic Church.

YOU GLORIOUS FAGGOTS!

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/BreakingNews/View/39207

AFK

Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2010, 04:23:51 PM

QuoteAfter a heated fourteen hour debate, Argentina passed a bill to legalize same-sex marriage last night, becoming the first country in Latin America to do so. As children and elderly nuns protested outside in near-freezing weather, the Senate voted 33-27 to pass the amendment, which will be signed into law when President Cristina Fernandez returns from a trip to China. In addition to allowing gay couples to marry—which the majority of Argentines support—it also enables them to adopt children, a provision that was met with more public resistance. In a statement following the vote, Cabinet Chief Aníbal Fernández announced that the Senate has "vindicated the rights of our society," and said that he didn't believe the decision would strain relations with the Catholic Church.

YOU GLORIOUS FAGGOTS!

I know this doesn't contribute to the discussion at all, but the bolded just seems, weird.  I'm assuming the kids must've been with the crazy old nuns.  Either that or kids get politically active at a very young age in Argentina. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Kai

Quote from: RWHN on July 15, 2010, 04:36:51 PM
Quote from: LMNO on July 15, 2010, 04:23:51 PM

YOU GLORIOUS FAGGOTS!

I know this doesn't contribute to the discussion at all, but the bolded just seems, weird.  I'm assuming the kids must've been with the crazy old nuns.  Either that or kids get politically active at a very young age in Argentina. 

It actually makes the whole thing sorta surreal.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

East Coast Hustle

Sad that we've been shown up by a country as utterly and irredeemably fucked-up as Argentina.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"