News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

I'm a lesbian marrying a man

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, October 30, 2014, 02:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Cain on October 30, 2014, 09:11:32 PM
Well, yes.  And probably she comes down quite low on the list.

But it's pretty amazing, the mental hurdles one has to jump through to continue to define as a lesbian while in love with a man.  No wonder she quotes a theologian at the end - they excel at precisely this kind of nonsense, ignoring self-contained definitions, creating new ones, appeals to emotion and identity over usage and custom.
Heh. To be honest I wouldn't mind a refresher course in basic logic.

Anyway, allow me to repeat myself:
Quote from: Ragret on October 30, 2014, 05:50:35 PM
It would be fascinating to hear her define lesbian.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

hooplala

Yeah, that's.... that's this century, alright.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 30, 2014, 08:22:11 PM
Junky: lesbians totally get pregnant and have babies.

Oh yeah, I totally get that. And I can't say I have any particular issues with it.

I would bet good money that those lesbians that get pregnant and have babies.... The number married to (and professing to be in love with) a man would be rather low.

I don't know there's just something about people being blatantly dishonest with themselves (and others, by spouting such nonsense). It's just hitting a nerve. I think Cain has the right of it here. There's something about the uniform of "lesbian" that the woman seems far too desperate to attach herself to and I have no idea what the deal is with that.

Again, ignorance showing here, but could it be a radical feminist thing? I seem to remember some branch went down the "Feminist must be lesbians" thing but I'm drawing blank with names/terms. Dworkin? Something like that? 
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

QueenThera

They could. I know some trans women who are pre-op, who like girls a lot.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Junkenstein

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on October 30, 2014, 09:47:25 PM

Waffles, can you find me a copy of this relevant for this subject?

I mean, I even, I'm just struggling to literally even with another odd fringe example thrown in. All I want is for people to kinda agree on terms and not get too pissy when it seems that a term does or does not apply.

This whole thing is actually a rather marvellous example of the "Convictions cause convicts" maxim. The uniform is stapled on here and it's not shifting.

QG - Big words, "Convictions cause convicts".? If there's not already a decent piece on the board about it I'll try and get something relevant together.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Dude. I don't know if you're being rude on purpose but no. There are plenty of ways to procure sperm that do not involve fucking.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 30, 2014, 10:20:40 PM

Dude. I don't know if you're being rude on purpose but no. There are plenty of ways to procure sperm that do not involve fucking.

My daughter has stated that her preferred method, should she ever decide to spawn, is to kick the sperms out of whomever it is.

Far less messy that way, she says.
Molon Lube

Eater of Clowns

I am a lesbian woman marrying a man.

The article provides a fine example of sexuality as a continuum, and then completely dashes it aside in favor of hard fast labels.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Q. G. Pennyworth

So, some random yelling.

Lady here is buying pretty heavily into the definition of bisexual (or pansexual) being "OMG GENDER DUNT MATTER NUN I LUVS EVRY1 EKWAL" which drives me right up the fucking wall. Most bi(or pan)sexual people are not square in the middle of the spectrum, they tend to lean towards one side or another. That doesn't make them "really straight" or "really gay" on the inside, or make their less-common gender attractions somehow illegitimate. As upset as this lady is about people calling her bi because HOLY CRAP SHE'S BEEN IN LOVING, HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS AND EXPERIENCED SEXUAL ATTRACTION TOWARDS MEMBERS OF MORE THAN ONE GENDER, she really needs to take a look at the politics of her continued self-identification as lesbian in light of the bullshit other folks have to go through because everyone's upset they didn't pick one of the approved uniforms. And ftr, this is not the first self-identified lesbian I've heard of getting married to a dude, or publicly defending her stance on the internet, it just sets my teeth on edge.

I suspect that some of this is that the ladies in question cannot "pass" as straight, in addition to having no desire to do so. And that the freak flag they put up has LESBIANS all over it and they don't want to say they are different, and they don't feel different, they just happen to like this one dude despite the genitalia thing. And whatever, I can get behind not wanting to say I'M BI NOW when you don't feel any different and you totally didn't think of yourself as bi before, but that seems like it's more of a problem of the labels we have than people attempting to use them properly. If lesbian meant "lady who mostly makes out with other ladies" that would be different, but a hard line was drawn that says LESBIANS ARE INCAPABLE OF BEING INTO DUDES, SO FUCKING DEAL WITH IT. It's an assertion that was needed (and maybe still is) to shut up dicknuts who will say dumb shit about "finding the right man" or goddess save us "corrective rape". But it doesn't mesh with reality. Most people are more flexible than that.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 30, 2014, 10:40:02 PM
It's an assertion that was needed (and maybe still is) to shut up dicknuts who will say dumb shit about "finding the right man" or goddess save us "corrective rape". But it doesn't mesh with reality. Most people are more flexible than that.

I've of course heard the "right man" bullshit...But corrective rape?   :eek:
Molon Lube

Junkenstein

Oh gods, you're in for a treat.

Keep the above jpg handy. You'll need it.

Doktor Howl

QuoteCorrective rape is the use of rape against people who do not conform to perceived social norms regarding human sexuality and gender roles, with goals of punishing "abnormal" behavior and reinforcing societal norms.[4] The crime was first identified in South Africa,[5] where it is sometimes supervised by members of the woman's family or local community.[1]

:eek:

Burn everything down.

Molon Lube

QueenThera

I'm not. I'm really that obtuse, sorry.

I had meant to reply to Junkenstein, and make a statement that genitalia do not determine your gender. I fucked up, my bad.
Often incoherent. Tends to ramble on about various topics.
Hopes to get beyond that.

Formerly BrotherPrickle

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: BrotherPrickle on October 31, 2014, 12:02:07 AM

I'm not. I'm really that obtuse, sorry.

I had meant to reply to Junkenstein, and make a statement that genitalia do not determine your gender. I fucked up, my bad.

No worries, it's hard to read tone on the internet.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

And ftr, this is not the first self-identified lesbian I've heard of getting married to a dude, or publicly defending her stance on the internet, it just sets my teeth on edge.

I had no idea that this is a thing:eek:

I suspect that some of this is that the ladies in question cannot "pass" as straight, in addition to having no desire to do so. And that the freak flag they put up has LESBIANS all over it and they don't want to say they are different, and they don't feel different, they just happen to like this one dude despite the genitalia thing. And whatever, I can get behind not wanting to say I'M BI NOW when you don't feel any different and you totally didn't think of yourself as bi before, but that seems like it's more of a problem of the labels we have than people attempting to use them properly. If lesbian meant "lady who mostly makes out with other ladies" that would be different, but a hard line was drawn that says LESBIANS ARE INCAPABLE OF BEING INTO DUDES, SO FUCKING DEAL WITH IT. It's an assertion that was needed (and maybe still is) to shut up dicknuts who will say dumb shit about "finding the right man" or goddess save us "corrective rape". But it doesn't mesh with reality. Most people are more flexible than that.

I get the hard line part especially in response to the "finding the right man" bullshit, though I'm horrified to learn about "corrective rape". That's fucking heinous!
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A