News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Add your eccentric food habits/tips/quirks here!

Started by navkat, October 29, 2008, 09:43:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

:lulz:

dude that must be a typical babysitter thing.
all of my friends who would babysit would force feed the kids they were watching the same damn crap. sometimes on hot dog buns instead of bread.

poor kids hated it.

Triple Zero

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 19, 2008, 01:48:39 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 19, 2008, 07:07:24 AM
Mayonnaise is the worst food in the world.
fixed.

ah okay good. cause i was a bit worried about posting one of my other "eccentric" food tips here:

buttered sandwich with a generous amount of medium-young Gouda cheese and MARMITE yummmmmmmmmmmm

:p
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like marmite!

Also this reminds me of a delicious/gross food habit belonging to one of my best friends, which is a teaspoon of Marmite stirred into Earl Grey tea.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysfunctional Cunt

I think marmite is slightly more palatable than vegemite. 

However, when I was looking up marmite to see if it was made by the same people as vegemite (it's not btw) I discovered a whole bunch of recipes...

http://www.marmite.co.uk/restaurant/menu.html

...which look delicious and might change my mind on marmite. 

THEN, I find a lot of vegemite recipes, but, with the exceptions of cutting out my tongue, I don't think there is anything which can salvage vegemite.

http://www.vegemite.com.au/vegemite/page?siteid=vegemite-prd&locale=auen1&PagecRef=653

I realized last night another "weird" thing we do is sprinkle salt and parmesan on peanut butter crackers.  My youngest son invented this recipe and it isn't bad at all...  Well it's not disgusting. 

Rumckle

Quote from: Khara on November 26, 2008, 04:36:45 PM
I think marmite is slightly more palatable than vegemite. 

Vegemite is awesome.

Nuf said.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Richter

Classic Coke, ice cold, with 1 or 2 drops of Tabasco.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

shadowfurry23

I eat apple cores.  My wife will hand me hers when she's done with the rest of the apple.

I also eat the whole strawberry, including the green leafy bit on the top (though I do remove the stem).

Though I don't typically myself, my psych prof suggested eating a banana like a watermelon slice rather than the traditional way is a great way to weird people out.

I like cold tea.  Not iced tea - cold tea.  I like warm tea too, but I habitually make a cup of tea and forget about it for quite some time, and then I will happily drink it when I remember I made a cup.  My wife thinks that's weird.

Mayo + a cream salad dressing (ideally a blue cheese dressing) + black pepper makes a great dipping sauce for pizza. 

Plain rice with some salad dressing (alt: plum sauce) and a ton of pepper and maybe some spices is a quick and filling food.

I adore sour cream and would eat it on cardboard - can't eat it straight though, that's just Not Right.
This play, however, is an affirmation of life—not an attempt to bring order out of chaos nor to suggest improvements in creation, but simply a way of waking up to the very life we're living, which is so excellent once one gets one's mind and one's desires out of its way and lets it act of its own accord. - John Cage

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

rotten strawberries.

they're sweeter when they're squishy and purple

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Richter on November 27, 2008, 02:04:19 PM
Classic Coke, ice cold, with 1 or 2 drops of Tabasco.

I do believe I must try this.

rong

pickled eggs anyone?

also: not a fan of the miracle whip.  hellman's cannot be defeated.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Jenne

Pickled eggs are da bombdiggity, rong.  My mom used to make a hugeass jar of them with beet juice every once in a while when I was a kid.

rong

beet juice?? never heard of that method.  my favorite pickled egg recipes include LOTS of jalapenos and garlic.  i also throw carrots and cauliflower into the brine to pickle along with the eggs.  i had some in minnesota that had cloves and found it quite disgusting.
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

LMNO

I put fish sauce in just about everything I can.  Just a splash.

Richter

Quote from: rong on December 16, 2008, 07:30:41 AM
beet juice?? never heard of that method.  my favorite pickled egg recipes include LOTS of jalapenos and garlic.  i also throw carrots and cauliflower into the brine to pickle along with the eggs.  i had some in minnesota that had cloves and found it quite disgusting.

Really? I had some clove / nutmeg ones recently that were quite good.   
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat