Slow Time in Fat City™, #11: The Long, Slow Slide

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 15, 2010, 06:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

I'd totally be the first one to be killed and/or eaten in one of those situations. But that's okay because I wouldn't want to be alive anyway. Survival of the fittest, etc.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Eater of Clowns

It's for specifically this reason I've been slowly acclimating my body to arsenic in minute increases.  I may be eaten, but I'll take them out as well.  I hope they're smart and they leave me alive as they eat me in pieces so I can see it happen.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Epimetheus

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 17, 2010, 03:21:40 AM
It's for specifically this reason I've been slowly acclimating my body to arsenic in minute increases. 

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Epimetheus on December 17, 2010, 04:18:20 AM
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 17, 2010, 03:21:40 AM
It's for specifically this reason I've been slowly acclimating my body to arsenic in minute increases. 

If you're so positive, try eating my leg.  :)
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Remington

What are the chances of Canada getting dragged down with the States, in your opinion?

Edit: And to what degree?
Is it plugged in?

Requia ☣

high, on the off chance Canada doesn't get hit just as hard, you can expect refugees pouring over the border, and then making things just as bad.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Remington

We might be okay economically/societally so long as we get rid of Harper, but the refugees will definitely be a problem. Also annexation... the States apparently hasn't yet figured out that some parts of our country* are essentially floating on oil.

*Alberta. Although based on the level of Conservatism in Alberta, the Americans might just fit in.
Is it plugged in?

Requia ☣

I'm expecting the US to spend the last of its military power on Brazil, since they have more smudgy people in Brazil, and it lets us have that 'oh that's happening elsewhere I don't care' attitude we have with foreign wars, which would be harder to do with a border nation.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Remington

You seem to be under the impression that Canada would require armed forces to annex. Honestly, all you would need is a strongly worded request and a promise to keep the Timmys open.

Edit: This does, however, mean that all it would take to instigate a country-wide revolution is a day or two's disruption in our strategic doughnut/coffee supply chains.
Is it plugged in?

Triple Zero

Quote from: Regret on December 17, 2010, 12:30:48 AM
If When that happens here I will be dead.

I don't think it will happen that way in Europe. Not saying bad shit is not going to go down here, but America is a vastly different place than here (much more space between people, for one thing), and so Roger's predictions may be very accurate for the USA, I have no idea what Europe would look like WTSHTF.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Remington on December 17, 2010, 07:50:20 AM
What are the chances of Canada getting dragged down with the States, in your opinion?

Edit: And to what degree?

100%.  When the USA goes, everything goes (Canada will be one of the first to follow us into hilarity), for very solid reasons.  I'll go into detail if you like.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Triple Zero on December 17, 2010, 11:32:08 AM
Quote from: Regret on December 17, 2010, 12:30:48 AM
If When that happens here I will be dead.

I don't think it will happen that way in Europe. Not saying bad shit is not going to go down here, but America is a vastly different place than here (much more space between people, for one thing), and so Roger's predictions may be very accurate for the USA, I have no idea what Europe would look like WTSHTF.

Actually, most of Europe is probably going to shit the bed before America does.  Mostly Southern Europe.  Germany will be in serious trouble, but you Belgians are pretty self-sufficient, and make things that last forever, like wooden shoes and cheese.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Unqualified on December 16, 2010, 11:02:28 PM
I've been thinking about this, and if America(and Western civilization on the whole) really is dying, and there really is nothing we can do to stop it, it seems to me that the best course of action is to throw it a proper Discordian send-off. There may be only ten or so years left, and each of those years may be progressively more horrible than the last, but maybe it's best that we do everything we can to make it as fun as possible.  This is the time to kick Operation: Mindfuck into high gear. I mean, we should make the best of our situation. No point to wallowing in misery, right? Think of it as a New Orleans funeral on a grand scale.

I don't know how I'll survive, and I'm inclined to believe that I won't, but dammit, I want the last decade of my life to be worth it.

SOMEONE GETS THE POINT!

Epimetheus

So it's the fall of our civilization, so to speak?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Adios

Fuck getting that point, Roger. I'm going out fighting like a cornered rat.