News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Just heard on ABC news...

Started by Freeky, December 04, 2009, 12:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 04, 2009, 07:11:48 PM

No, that comes from being a primate.  Only when our particular species flings poop, we usually fling it with a couple of grains of gunpowder.  Or these neat silly sticks we call "tasers".

Ah yes, the almighty taser.  The billyclub of the 21st century.  :(

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on December 04, 2009, 07:13:27 PM

No, that comes from being a primate.  Only when our particular species flings poop, we usually fling it with a couple of grains of gunpowder.  Or these neat silly sticks we call "tasers".

No.  A billyclub is an inch-thick piece of hickory, and you club people between the neck and shoulder.  It breaks their collarbone and does all sorts of horrible damage to connective tissues, etc...So you don't hit people with it unless you really have to.

A taser?  Why not?  It makes 10 year old little Jimmy fall down, and it makes grandpa dance like he was a young man again.  Ho ho!  Welcome to the post-American century.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 04, 2009, 07:19:25 PM

No.  A billyclub is an inch-thick piece of hickory, and you club people between the neck and shoulder.  It breaks their collarbone and does all sorts of horrible damage to connective tissues, etc...So you don't hit people with it unless you really have to.

A taser?  Why not?  It makes 10 year old little Jimmy fall down, and it makes grandpa dance like he was a young man again.  Ho ho!  Welcome to the post-American century.

I have a feeling billyclubs have not been used so heroically in the past.  Just an inkling.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on December 04, 2009, 07:28:40 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 04, 2009, 07:19:25 PM

I have a feeling billyclubs have not been used so heroically in the past.  Just an inkling.

Sure they have.  That's the fastest way to take someone down with one.  Never aim for the head, always the top of the shoulder.  Does more damage, takes out a limb.  The head is all or nothing, know what I mean?

And some cops just LOVED the nightstick, though they are usually in the minority.  But why NOT taser someone?  I mean, no broken bones, right?  So even cops that would usually employ some restraint will tase the fuck out of you, because it's easier than working through the situation.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 04, 2009, 07:31:46 PM

Sure they have.  That's the fastest way to take someone down with one.  Never aim for the head, always the top of the shoulder.  Does more damage, takes out a limb.  The head is all or nothing, know what I mean?

And some cops just LOVED the nightstick, though they are usually in the minority.  But why NOT taser someone?  I mean, no broken bones, right?  So even cops that would usually employ some restraint will tase the fuck out of you, because it's easier than working through the situation.

I guess they get away with it because it's "beter than a gun" to the average monkey mindset.  The fact it's a carte blanche for abuse of power that gets abused all too often gets missed, apparently.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Regret on December 04, 2009, 05:10:03 PM
why are there less jobs?
people are spending less.
is this a problem?
only for those that have no job.

Lets not call it less jobs but a reduced amount of work.
why make some people work hard and some work not at all?
why not make everybody work less?
PART TIME MOTHERFUCKERS.

or am i being stupid now.

that's kind of what we did with the "arbeidstijdverkorting" in the 80s, when we sort of decided a typical 40 hours workweek actually lasts only 36 hours.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Freeky

Quote from: Regret on December 04, 2009, 05:10:03 PM
why are there less jobs?
people are spending less.
is this a problem?
only for those that have no job.

Lets not call it less jobs but a reduced amount of work.
why make some people work hard and some work not at all?
why not make everybody work less?
PART TIME MOTHERFUCKERS.

or am i being stupid now.

Part Time jobs = No benefits = BAD NEWS FOR LESS MONEY.  Especially for people who have dependents, like small childeren.

Halfbaked1

I brought up the actions of Bernanke, Geitnher, Summers and Greenspan in another forum and was smacked in the face by something called Keynesian Economics.  I have no idea who this Keynes guy is or why I am being face smacked by anything that has to do with him, but I don't see how his economics can be called upon to counter the fact that the apostles of de-regulation did alot to run us into the ground and they are not going to be called to the carpet about it.  In fact, the first three have been promoted and Dubya gave the nations highest civilian honor to the old fart.

meh, I wonder why I bother to care at all.  I no longer feel there is any cure for what has been allowed to happen aside from complete collapse.  Don't try to understand politics beyond the fact that its primary gist is that of a pirate, "Take what ya can, give nothin back."

Cain

John Maynard Keynes was a British economist.  He advocated, among other things, to increase deficit spending during a recession, in order to get the country out of it (by stimulating demand).

Which is all well and good.  It might've even worked in the short term, though there are long term trends working against this.  However, giving money to banks, who then hoard it and refuse to give out loans, isn't exactly what Keynes advocated.  In fact, it is kind of the opposite, since if you are wanting to increase demand, you should really be giving money to people who have the least, usually because there are a lot more of them and because most of the time they can only afford to buy necessities anyway.

The really frustrating thing is bailing out the banks was the right move, generally.  Letting the banks collapse would've likely led to riots and mass violence, as the impact made it's way through the global system.  However, it should've been followed up with breaking up the banks, a new international regulatory system, the firing of those most responsible for economic crisis and an even bigger dose of spending on jobs and benefits.  None of which have happened, and are never going to happen.

Da6s

I feel the need to post this in this thread.

http://www.markstechnologynews.com/2008/10/thor-shield-taser-proof-vests.html

QuoteThe patented lining is simply a conductive material with low resistance. It's works on the principle that current will tend to follow the path of least resistance, flowing through the fabric to complete the circuit. There must be some kind of material already out there with these properties. Any ideas?

I've also been researching DIY taser proof vests/sweatshirts. I love science.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human