News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

Goddamn politics.

Started by LMNO, January 19, 2010, 03:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Yeah, so sexy centerfold celebritay ftw, I guess.

Taxachusetts, we hardly knew ye.

Cain

If Obama cannot pass the health care bill, his Presidency is sunk.  Game over. That just looked a little more likely this morning.

Seriously though, I called this.  I fucking called it.  I said if the Dems kept dragging their feet, acting in wingnut-lite ways, fucking around on the economy and generally being useless, their voters would say "fuck this" and stay at home.  And I bet once the stats are done, the main factor in the loss will be voter turnout, ie; Democratic disillusion.

The wingnuts are going to get back into power.  And right now, they're so insane that the Clinton years look refreshingly stable.

Requia ☣

I'm hoping a Republican getting in in Massachusetts of all places will be enough of a wake up call to the dems that they'll try to get their act together by November.

'hope' is a horrible traitorous feeling that God gave me to keep me stupid though.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

LMNO

WE ACCIDENTALLY THE ENTIRE SUPERMAJORITY.

IS THAT BAD?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2010, 08:46:57 AM
If Obama cannot pass the health care bill, his Presidency is sunk.  Game over. That just looked a little more likely this morning.

Seriously though, I called this.  I fucking called it.  I said if the Dems kept dragging their feet, acting in wingnut-lite ways, fucking around on the economy and generally being useless, their voters would say "fuck this" and stay at home.  And I bet once the stats are done, the main factor in the loss will be voter turnout, ie; Democratic disillusion.

The wingnuts are going to get back into power.  And right now, they're so insane that the Clinton years look refreshingly stable.

Also, Coakley going on vacation during the campaign didn't help.  Brown did 66 events, Coakley 16.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

On the plus side, now I can troll my Republican friends, asking them if they like their non-existent tax cuts and fully existent health-education-and-public-works cuts.

Pariah

I would like say with the now 9 seat majority, the Democrats will get their asses in to gear and start busting some heads. Stop taking so much shit and actually get something done. But I highly doubt it. They messed up the order. You have Right Wing Stomping Over Everyone, then a Backlash so you have LEFT wing stomping over everyone, backlash, then an appeal for bipartisanship. They skipped the good part.
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 01:51:36 PM
If Obama cannot pass the health care bill, his Presidency is sunk.  Game over. That just looked a little more likely this morning.

Seriously though, I called this.  I fucking called it.  I said if the Dems kept dragging their feet, acting in wingnut-lite ways, fucking around on the economy and generally being useless, their voters would say "fuck this" and stay at home.  And I bet once the stats are done, the main factor in the loss will be voter turnout, ie; Democratic disillusion.

The wingnuts are going to get back into power.  And right now, they're so insane that the Clinton years look refreshingly stable.

Also, Coakley going on vacation during the campaign didn't help.  Brown did 66 events, Coakley 16.

Likely, yes.  I dont know if it was a factor, but it sounds like Coakley thought she had it in the bag and so couldn't be bothered, and acting in that way rarely ever endears voters to you.

LMNO

I'm not exactly sure how she got nominated in the first place.  Everyone pretty much thought she was a non-entity to begin with.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on January 20, 2010, 03:11:22 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2010, 01:51:36 PM
If Obama cannot pass the health care bill, his Presidency is sunk.  Game over. That just looked a little more likely this morning.

Seriously though, I called this.  I fucking called it.  I said if the Dems kept dragging their feet, acting in wingnut-lite ways, fucking around on the economy and generally being useless, their voters would say "fuck this" and stay at home.  And I bet once the stats are done, the main factor in the loss will be voter turnout, ie; Democratic disillusion.

The wingnuts are going to get back into power.  And right now, they're so insane that the Clinton years look refreshingly stable.

Also, Coakley going on vacation during the campaign didn't help.  Brown did 66 events, Coakley 16.

Likely, yes.  I dont know if it was a factor, but it sounds like Coakley thought she had it in the bag and so couldn't be bothered, and acting in that way rarely ever endears voters to you.

I would not have shifted my diseased and ulcerated ass to vote for her.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Honestly, that was one of the more depressing elections I have experienced.  Even more than Bush v Gore.

Cain

So, I lost my immense RSS feed library, by which I could dredge up near infinite amounts of knowledge the other week, and have still not yet fully rebuilt it.  Therefore, I do not have links of Democrats going all Jonestown over this.  And this makes me a sad panda. 

I require links, my minions.

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Cain

Ah yes, it must be that Mass. voters are racist.  That would explain why they, uh, voted so heavily for Obama in the election?  Oh god this is delicious! 

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘