News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 21, 2014, 11:37:09 PM
Nigel, I don't say this often enough:

You can be infuriating, you can be stubborn, and you can be rude.  Nevertheless, you're one of the most awesome and wonderful people I've ever known. Congrats. You deserve it.

Aww <3

Thank you!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, alla youse guys, I have many heart for you, and thanks for all the encouragements. You rock!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Nigel on April 22, 2014, 06:59:28 AM
Also, alla youse guys, I have many heart for you, and thanks for all the encouragements. You rock!

No, you do.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Junkenstein

Quote from: Pæs on April 21, 2014, 10:27:32 PM
What the hell, future? I've finally got a watch I can make phone calls with like 007, with a built-in camera and voice-activated world clock. It sends emails and also functions as a pedometer and IT'S POINTLESS.

IF I HAVE TO BRING MY WATCH UP TO MY FACE TO COMMUNICATE, IT DOESN'T COUNT AS HANDS-FREE AND I MIGHT AS WELL JUST HOLD MY DAMN PHONE AND NOT SHARE THE CALL WITH EVERYONE NEARBY.

And what non-creepy uses are there for a camera-watch? Which non-pervert finds themselves thinking "Here is a situation I would like to capture an image of, but I won't capture this image with my high-quality yet obvious camera, I will capture it with my lower-quality covert watch lens instead because not being detected is more important than image quality."

HEY WATCH, YOU WILL NEVER HAVE A LARGE ENOUGH SCREEN FOR ME TO READ EMAILS ON. WHAT IS THE USE CASE FOR THIS? WHO ARE YOU DESIGNED FOR?

There's a serious computer in my watch which could do amazing things if someone would just tell it to, but instead they're trying to duplicate the functionality of the phone it needs to connect to to function. WHAT'S THIS ON MY WRIST? OH, REDUNDANCY.

While I wholeheartedly agree with pretty much all of this, I've found a need for the bold on more than the odd occasion for work related reasons. So while the device is pretty much inherently worthless (Remember MP3 watches? A whole 32MB of music! ON YOUR WRIST!) it may get to a point in about 5/7 years where the display enlarges somehow to be actually useful and a replacement for phones.

Of course, by that time we'll all have google monocle installed so it's a bit moot.

Also, Nigel, nice going. Always good to hear about shit going right for you.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Nephew Twiddleton

So, I didn't want to bring this up but it's bugging me.

Villager and I had a conversation over the weekend and she is disinclined to have biological children. Mainly because by the time I get my BS, I'll be 36 and she 33. And then of course grad school. And the idea of pregnancy in general is unappealing to her. I can't blame her on any of that. I just consider it a bit of a bummer. I guess I figured part of the reason I was doing this was to make that possible. She hasn't ruled it out entirely, but well.... It seems like I have to accept that I will be a genetic dead end or break up with her. So... I guess I'm a genetic dead end. It's not what I want, but given the alternative. I'd rather take that gamble with her than without her.

Suu

Twid, there's always adoption. Genetics may not carry on, but if she is disinclined to give birth (I am the same way) and there comes a time that both of you do desire to have kids, there's still options. So although it may be a bummer right now, remember that things do change (please, do not force them to do so) and even if they don't, you're still doing the right thing by standing by the decision of the woman you love. Some men don't do that.

If you want to talk about this more sometime, shoot me a PM.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

Rain for Chicago on Thursday and Monday. That city fucking hates me.

However, Kansas City looks to be a nice weekend until Sunday when there's a chance of severe weather, because no trip to the Midwest should be complete without a tornado.  :argh!:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 22, 2014, 07:35:41 AM

Villager and I had a conversation over the weekend and she is disinclined to have biological children. Mainly because by the time I get my BS, I'll be 36 and she 33. And then of course grad school. And the idea of pregnancy in general is unappealing to her. I can't blame her on any of that. I just consider it a bit of a bummer. I guess I figured part of the reason I was doing this was to make that possible. She hasn't ruled it out entirely, but well.... It seems like I have to accept that I will be a genetic dead end or break up with her. So... I guess I'm a genetic dead end. It's not what I want, but given the alternative. I'd rather take that gamble with her than without her.

Adoption, surrogacy, etc.

Unless she outright doesn't want kids.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: (Doktor (Nephew Twiddleton (Twid)) Blight) on April 22, 2014, 07:35:41 AM

33 is still quite young for childbearing.

Pregnancy isn't especially fun, but if she's not dead set against it, it might be a conversation worth revisiting if it's something important to you.

Suu

There's a wealth of options and alternatives, so don't feel like you've hit a dead end.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Eater of Clowns

Request for honest feedback:  should I continue with my Colombia/Necronomicoin storyline, or is it losing steam?
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

I'm loving it.  Sorry for not commenting on today's chapter.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 22, 2014, 03:36:04 PM
Request for honest feedback:  should I continue with my Colombia/Necronomicoin storyline, or is it losing steam?

I'm enjoying it.

Nephew Twiddleton

Well, she did want kids a few months ago. She still does but at this point would rather adopt. Which was not against either way. But I figured that she and I would reproduce at some point. She said we're both different people now with new priorities, and for her having children is not one of those priorities.