News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

defending englishness

Started by the last yatto, October 10, 2010, 12:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

"I am not a racist. I have Muslim and black friends.  :lulz: There is a big difference between racism and protesting against Islamic extremism.
"I joined the EDL because it made no sense that people defending Englishness were labelled as troublemakers."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-11505724
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

E.O.T.

Quote from: Pēleus on October 10, 2010, 12:11:53 AM
"I am not a racist. I have Muslim and black friends.  :lulz: There is a big difference between racism and protesting against Islamic extremism.
"I joined the EDL because it made no sense that people defending Englishness were labelled as troublemakers."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-11505724

THAT ARTICLE

is too vague to comment on. the article does not specify which side of the 'position' which those arrested were on. the only statements of aggression come from the "anti-fascists"

Gangs were seen throwing stones and bricks at two coaches carrying EDL supporters as they left the city.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

BadBeast

Makes me want to go and throw half-bricks at them. I'm English, and how dare these sacks of shit presume to be defending me!  OFFENDING me is what they are doing. So in protest, I'm off to join the Taliban!
(If anyone from MI5 is monitoring these posts, That was a joke)
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

MMIX

"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Cain

Look, just because the EDL were covertly founded by members of the BNP, a direct offshoot of the British neofascist movement of the 1970s which never repudiated it's past, and the EDL take part in rallies where they wave swastikas and wear sig runes on their arms doesn't necessarily mean they are a racist organization.

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: Cain on October 10, 2010, 09:31:51 AM
Look, just because the EDL were covertly founded by members of the BNP, a direct offshoot of the British neofascist movement of the 1970s which never repudiated it's past, and the EDL take part in rallies where they wave swastikas and wear sig runes on their arms doesn't necessarily mean they are a racist organization.

Swastikas don't seem very British.  Don't they have some sort of local symbol they could use?
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Cain

There used to be the Flash and Circle, back in the day, and the Celtic Cross is popular in some circles still, but for the most part it's either a Union Jack or a Swastika. 

And yes, the irony is not lost on most people, watching guys with Swastikas chanting "go back to India".

Reginald Ret

I just cant work up a good hateshitting when confronted with racists, i keep getting interupted by their mindboggling stupidities that my fist automatically relaxes for a facepalm.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Brotep

Quote from: MMIX on October 10, 2010, 02:14:05 AM
Quote from: Aleister Growly on October 10, 2010, 01:03:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPQE3GfkrOo

Yep, that's us to a "T". We're just a fucking comic opera . . .

If it makes you feel any better, you're a good comic opera.

Quote from: Cain on October 10, 2010, 10:44:30 AM
There used to be the Flash and Circle, back in the day, and the Celtic Cross is popular in some circles still, but for the most part it's either a Union Jack or a Swastika. 

And yes, the irony is not lost on most people, watching guys with Swastikas chanting "go back to India".

:lulz:

E.O.T.

SO

i'm well aware who all of these organizations are. my point was, it's impossible to say who the 'trouble makers' are from the article (meaning, those arrested for their conduct) if the british press is anything like the agenda laden u.s. press, those offenses are not specified because they're on the "anti-fascist" side.

IMO

more than 99% of the individuals on either side of this argument are complete morons.

THE COMMENTS

by everyone thus far are purely opinionated. i like the idea that here in the states, we have freedom to disagree/ express/ voice viewpoints.

AS A

guy who has worked in the gay circles for (ughh, decades now), and appear 'on the streets' to be a leather-clad skinhead, if you're not hip to gay movements since, uh, at least the late seventies, i get harrassed often - BY 'ANTI-FASCISTS'. the 'anti's' here in portland are literal gangbangers, i've been aggressively confronted by these guys over and over, having to school them as to who they're fucking with, repeatedly. i've got a hundred stories about these assholes, if you want to hear them, down to being threatened through the mail (my families house!!) for attending a speaking event that they in their ignorance don't want others to have the right to attend. yes, i went to the police with this.

Faust

Quote from: Regret on October 10, 2010, 03:30:24 PM
I just cant work up a good hateshitting when confronted with racists, i keep getting interupted by their mindboggling stupidities that my fist automatically relaxes for a facepalm.
Pretend to be agreeing with them at first and then say basically the opposite of what they said but in a friendly tone of voice then watch the backpedaling begin.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

E.O.T.

ALSO

the swastika AND runes are very british. the third reich didn't invent them.

BadBeast

Quote from: E.O.T. on October 10, 2010, 04:59:27 PM
SO

i'm well aware who all of these organizations are. my point was, it's impossible to say who the 'trouble makers' are from the article (meaning, those arrested for their conduct) if the british press is anything like the agenda laden u.s. press, those offenses are not specified because they're on the "anti-fascist" side.

This is Britain. We're all troublemakers. The EDL, The Antis, the Police, the Press, the BNP, the AFL, the Weekend Casuals, MI5/6, the lot of us!
Shit, if it looks like there's not going to be trouble ahead, you can rely on us to go and cause some. At home, abroad, makes no difference. We virtually invented trouble.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

BabylonHoruv

Quote from: E.O.T. on October 10, 2010, 05:05:17 PM
ALSO

the swastika AND runes are very british. the third reich didn't invent them.

Swastikas are Indian in origin.

The runes make more sense.
You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl