News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

The homeopathy one was pulled but...

Started by Trivial, August 11, 2014, 11:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Suu

I am so. fucking. sick. of this new "therapeutic grade" essential oil buzz. They have their uses, as in, perfumes and with minor ailments, but not a fucking one of them is proven to be antiviral or antibacterial to the extent needed to treat severe illness. I fucking hate natropaths. They need to DIAF.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raz Tech

Quote from: essential oil quacks
I am not a doctor and am not qualified to give medical advice regarding the virus. 

She literally says this, then proceeds to give advice anyway.

Suu

Quote from: Raz Tech on August 12, 2014, 12:06:19 AM
I am not a doctor and am not qualified to give medical advice regarding the virus.

She's a Young Living seller trying to make sales by using fear mongering. That's all. That shit needs to be shut down.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

I dunno, in this particular instance I may be in favour of letting the free market sort this out.

I mean, if you think essential oils sold by someone who admits to not being a doctor are going to fight ebola, I'm pretty sure you weren't going to hang onto your money for long anyway.

And if they do catch ebola they're pretty much fucked anyway.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Raz Tech on August 12, 2014, 12:06:19 AM

That's not that shocking. Such disclaimers are standard with these kind of folk.

What amazes me, consistently, is that they say this right at the start and then people still buy into the bullshit anyway.

It's even more amazing that with a few terms switched, it seems to occur in Financial, Political and/or any other circle you can imagine. People trust the tall people with good hair and teeth who talk authoritatively. They trust them right off the cliff. Ask Steve Jobs.

We look at ancient/colonial medicine and remedies ("Drink this Mercury!") as insane. In 100 years, people will talk about these guys in the same way. I hope.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 12, 2014, 08:57:18 AM
I dunno, in this particular instance I may be in favour of letting the free market sort this out.

I mean, if you think essential oils sold by someone who admits to not being a doctor are going to fight ebola, I'm pretty sure you weren't going to hang onto your money for long anyway.

It's been weeks, and there has been no epidemic in America, even though they brought some lady back from Africa and put her in some sorta "isolation ward" (patoiee!).  The essential oils are obviously working.

Well, that or the fact that I painted my door with blood & semen to keep the disease demons away1.  Everyone thank me now.

1  I got the idea from a Metallica album cover, which kept the "talent" and "inspiration" demons away.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

I think the real question here is, who's semen did you use?

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 13, 2014, 03:35:04 AM

It's been weeks, and there has been no epidemic in America, even though they brought some lady back from Africa and put her in some sorta "isolation ward" (patoiee!).  The essential oils are obviously working.

Well, that or the fact that I painted my door with blood & semen to keep the disease demons away1.  Everyone thank me now.

1  I got the idea from a Metallica album cover, which kept the "talent" and "inspiration" demons away.

Obviously this is why the military is claiming they are using a "secret serum".  If everyone knew they could just make use of essential oils, Big Pharma would collapse.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 13, 2014, 11:31:12 AM
I think the real question here is, who's semen did you use?

How the fuck should I know?  I can't afford to DNA test every freak that comes down the street.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 13, 2014, 11:54:33 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 13, 2014, 03:35:04 AM

Obviously this is why the military is claiming they are using a "secret serum".  If everyone knew they could just make use of essential oils, Big Pharma would collapse.

Well, this is why Big Pharma lives in fear of tell-all websites.  They don't want you to know just how rotten the edifice is.  One good push with Ancient Asian Wisdom, and over the bastard goes.

Ben Shapiro

Reginald Ret

Oh man, I need to hang out with the WOO crowd more often. I could have fun with these subjects if i keep my eyes open for them.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So there is this huge, huge, FRIGHTENINGLY huge segment of the young reproductively active population that buys into this shit, hard. They identify themselves by it. "Natural parenting". This is a byproduct of the abject failure of the public education system; these, for the most part, are people who will in all sincerity use the words "do your research" to mean "google it and believe whatever's written on the first five for-profit snake-oil-peddling websites you find".

These are the same people who decry "big pharma" and the doctors who practice "conventional medicine" because they believe it's all driven by the profit motive, and spout outright bullshit such as "doctors don't have to take a single nutrition class in med school" (yeah, um, that's because med school isn't taught in classroom format, fucking ignorant twits) but wilfully disregard the profit motive of the multibillion dollar "alternative medicine" market, and happily spend thousands being pushed into chronic illness while spending thousands on the bullshit, if not outright harmful, supplements and treatments peddled to them by naturopathic "doctors".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."