News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Song of The City, part 3

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 18, 2011, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

:x :x :x :x :x
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2011, 05:59:29 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 03, 2011, 05:57:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2011, 05:43:42 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 03, 2011, 05:41:52 PM
Wow.  :lulz:

DANCE FASTER!  FASTER!

KEEP THOSE FUCKING LIGHTS ON!  KEEP THOSE GEARS TURNING!  MILLIONS OF FAT PEOPLE DEPEND ON YOU TO KEEP THEIR CITIES LIT UP LIKE FUCKING CHRISTMAS TREES 24 FUCKING 7, ALL YEAR LONG!  WE NEED MORE STUFF, GRIND OUT THAT SYNTHETIC SAPPHIRE! 

RAAAAAAAAWHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

IT'S NOT BURNING FAST ENOUGH

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE IT BURN FASTER.

BABY NEEDS A NEW PLASMA SCREEN!  MAKE THAT POWDER, SO THE KIDS IN CHINA CAN WORK FASTER!

THE GRAVY TRAIN WILL NEVER END IF WE WORK FASTER!  YOU CAN'T MAKE AN OMELET WITHOUT BREAKING EGGS, AND YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE CHRISTMAS GIFTS WITHOUT BREAKING CHILDREN! 

GET

ON

THE

FUCKING

STICK!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on November 03, 2011, 06:06:56 PM
:x :x :x :x :x
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2011, 05:59:29 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 03, 2011, 05:57:14 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2011, 05:43:42 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 03, 2011, 05:41:52 PM
Wow.  :lulz:

DANCE FASTER!  FASTER!

KEEP THOSE FUCKING LIGHTS ON!  KEEP THOSE GEARS TURNING!  MILLIONS OF FAT PEOPLE DEPEND ON YOU TO KEEP THEIR CITIES LIT UP LIKE FUCKING CHRISTMAS TREES 24 FUCKING 7, ALL YEAR LONG!  WE NEED MORE STUFF, GRIND OUT THAT SYNTHETIC SAPPHIRE! 

RAAAAAAAAWHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE!

IT'S NOT BURNING FAST ENOUGH

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE IT BURN FASTER.

BABY NEEDS A NEW PLASMA SCREEN!  MAKE THAT POWDER, SO THE KIDS IN CHINA CAN WORK FASTER!

THE GRAVY TRAIN WILL NEVER END IF WE WORK FASTER!  YOU CAN'T MAKE AN OMELET WITHOUT BREAKING EGGS, AND YOU CAN'T HAVE NICE CHRISTMAS GIFTS WITHOUT BREAKING CHILDREN! 

GET

ON

THE

FUCKING

STICK!
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO MAKE THINGS WORK
AND I KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO PUT KIDDIES IN A HEARSE
\
:hammer:

TGRR,
President and Founder of I'd Like More THINGS, Please™.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Isn't that great?  Us old fucks are working ourselves to death so that kids can work themselves to death.

THIS IS THE BEST SPECIES EVER!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

If I had my way, I'd drop a great big fucking asteroid on this dump and call it a day.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 03, 2011, 06:09:42 PM
Isn't that great?  Us old fucks are working ourselves to death so that kids can work themselves to death.

THIS IS THE BEST SPECIES EVER!

And then every couple of years, we go through our closets and clean them out and take a truckload of STUFF to the dump, and feel so good about ourselves for "paring back".

And then somehow it goes miraculously away, never to be seen again.

Or not.

http://www.greatgarbagepatch.org/

We're basically working children to death so that we can buy more cheap stuff so that we can throw more cheap stuff away, polluting our own environment and compromising our food sources.

WAY TO GO, MONKEYS!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

And you know we can't just stop, because that will ruin everything. If you don't buy your share of the stuff, the supply will get all backed up and things get all broken.

You gotta keep buying the stuff, keep the machine running, or else it all grinds to a halt. If it grinds to a halt, then we won't be able to buy our stuff. Also, the lights will go out and you'll probably starve.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on November 03, 2011, 09:26:26 PM
And you know we can't just stop, because that will ruin everything. If you don't buy your share of the stuff, the supply will get all backed up and things get all broken.

You gotta keep buying the stuff, keep the machine running, or else it all grinds to a halt. If it grinds to a halt, then we won't be able to buy our stuff. Also, the lights will go out and you'll probably starve.

Um, that's the most accurate description of the American trap I've heard recently.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad on November 03, 2011, 09:26:26 PM

Oh god.

It's true.

We all struggle desperately to maintain lifestyles that would be ridiculously opulent in any other part of the world, but we're just THIS close to being COMPLETELY FUCKED.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

The Achemists gave up on lead, but we demanded that they keep trying until they figured out something that worked. We needed our gold, no matter how useless or meaningless our relentless greed could make it. So they taught us how to make gold from blood.

There's a reason "Bob" smiles, but only because he already knows the punchline that's coming up.
And damn if it isn't still the funniest fucking thing he ever heard. The last thing we'll hear on our last stop before we finally make our way down to Normal Hell is, "You should have seen the look on your faces! It was priceless, I tell you!"

That's where the False Slack led us. It's not just bad for us, it's not merely unholy and turned us away from the Truth; it is the very stone and mortar from which this crumbling castle was built. It shelters us from the world we cannot stand to look at, and it shall bury us alive.

Either you shall sit upon the bejeweled throne, or you shall sit upon the Judas Cradle

Either you shall hold aloft your royal scepter of gilded wood, or you shall be hung aloft from the gibbet

Cainad (dec.)

in other news, I finally got my pills refilled after going off them for a month

om nom nom nom

Cainad (dec.)

The Song of the City indeed, Roger. What a song it is!

It's rather mesmerizing, and one can easily get lost in the sound. Sounds that are impossibly complex, beyond the grasp or control of any human or human invention. Gears and engines and rustling papers and humming computers and heartbeats and gunshots...

However, if you can listen carefully, you can pick out something very distinct and incredibly weird. I'm talking about the Screams that make up the chorus. The fact that they are screaming is not strange at all; it's to be expected.

But how, Roger, how can it be that they are screaming in flawless harmony?

The only explanation that I can think of is of some sort of war cry, the sound of barbarians preparing to sack The City. There are no barbarians though, only the Citizens. How very odd.

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on November 04, 2011, 01:04:18 PM
But how, Roger, how can it be that they are screaming in flawless harmony?

Endless training in the castrato farms of America™, sir.  The men had their nads specially removed by DHS, who also had the eggs beaten out of the women (they used female agents to do this, as is only proper), and they taught them to sing, Cainad.  They taught them to sing the glories of the capitalist system, of the Gods in the penthouses who love them and take care of them...Or would, if only the damned tax man would allow it.