News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Millions of Screaming Yahoos, part 11: I'm OUTTA here!

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 29, 2004, 06:40:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bella

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerCheryl slapped me, burst into tears, and ran into the house. WTF? I must have looked bewildered, because Connie laughed at me, and said, "Men are idiots."

Someone please explain what the hell just happened?

Please allow the High Papessa to explain what the hell just happened.

Men are idiots.  

You've been kinder to Cheryl than any man she has ever met. You took her in and you taught her life skills, taught her how to think, gave her confidence in herself, etc. You didn't ask for or expect sexual favors in return. It's only natural that she would fall in love with you - or at least think she had fallen in love with you. She wanted you to say "don't go, I want you to stay with me."

As for the rest, I'm sorry about your friends.
And I wish you a safe trip and many adventures on the way to your new home.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom
Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerCheryl slapped me, burst into tears, and ran into the house. WTF? I must have looked bewildered, because Connie laughed at me, and said, "Men are idiots."

Someone please explain what the hell just happened?

Please allow the High Papessa to explain what the hell just happened.

Men are idiots.  

You've been kinder to Cheryl than any man she has ever met. You took her in and you taught her life skills, taught her how to think, gave her confidence in herself, etc. You didn't ask for or expect sexual favors in return. It's only natural that she would fall in love with you - or at least think she had fallen in love with you. She wanted you to say "don't go, I want you to stay with me."

As for the rest, I'm sorry about your friends.
And I wish you a safe trip and many adventures on the way to your new home.

I think she may have THOUGHT she fell in love with me.

I'm glad, now, that I was clueless.

I have ZERO interest in an 18 year old kid (that way), and I would have fucked up and hurt her feelings even worse, trying to explain it.

The Reverend Roger may be many things, but articulate with women (on that type of subject) isn't one of them.

I will, of course, be back (to PD.com)...in a week or two, at most.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Guido Finucci

Quote from: The Good Reverend RogerSomeone please explain what the hell just happened?

Assuming that you have failed to spot the bleeding obvious: you took a young, emotionally vulnerable woman into your home and were nicer to her than any person she had probably heard of, let alone met. You gave herself back to her and then you told her that she should take the first ticket out of there as if the fact that she was infatuated (in love?) with you meant absolutely nothing whatsoever to you. That is why she slapped you.

If it is any consolation, she'll thank you for that one day and it will probably become a cornerstone of her faith that humanity is, fundamentally, good. Once she figures it our, anyway.

Good luck with your travels; may they ever be entertaining.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guido FinucciIf it is any consolation, she'll thank you for that one day and it will probably become a cornerstone of her faith that humanity is, fundamentally, good.

The Good Reverend appears to have fucked up badly.

Humanity ISN'T good.  Never has been.

Guido Finucci

You old pessimist, you.

Sucks about Sameer though. Someone should wear something uncomfortable over that one and not in a good way.

Bella

I think you're probably (maybe) right and Cheryl only thought she was in love with you.
But I remember being 18 and in love with someone who was kind to me.
He was clueless and I'm grateful for that now, but at the time it was painful and I still feel that I loved him.

You didn't fuck up - you gave her all the things her parents should have given her.
Including a healthy dose of skepticism.
I bet she's never a sucker for anyone like Bud ever again.
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Trollax

Sorry to hear about Bowser's parting. The only good place left in this world is the place you build yourself. Sameer should find a little hidden spot in an unimportant valley and live on a farm, period. I'm tired of the entire fuckin' west (but don't mind me I've had a bad week) and I think that hooliganism is becoming more and more a viable option, someone has to shake the thuddites up.

As To Cheryl, she needs to spend a year or two being single.

Trollax Kinora, Looking for pool-cleaning jobs in Fiji

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guido FinucciYou old pessimist, you.

Sucks about Sameer though. Someone should wear something uncomfortable over that one and not in a good way.

1.  I am RARELY disappointed.

2.  What should I have expected?  Welcome to the post-American century.  Check your due process at the door.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI think you're probably (maybe) right and Cheryl only thought she was in love with you.
But I remember being 18 and in love with someone who was kind to me.
He was clueless and I'm grateful for that now, but at the time it was painful and I still feel that I loved him.

You didn't fuck up - you gave her all the things her parents should have given her.
Including a healthy dose of skepticism.
I bet she's never a sucker for anyone like Bud ever again.

I hope not.  

I think her Aunt and Uncle will help steer her in the right direction, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDSorry to hear about Bowser's parting.

I feel more comfortable about Cheryl knowing that Bowzer is nearby.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: DonkeyotayMove to Wisconsin!

We'll see.

Trollax

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

are you going to keep in touch at all?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

are you going to keep in touch at all?

She has my email.  When she gets set up, she says she'll write.