News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Help me design my televangelist TV show.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 25, 2005, 04:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I think I have the opening...

<Theme Song> ---> Need help with this.

REV ROGER in big red letters on screen.

At end of theme song, cartoon version of Rev Roger pops out of the "O" in "ROGER" (Loony Tunes style), and yells "FUCK YOU!  I HATE YOU ALL!"

Show begins.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Technocracy

Theme Songs for a Televangelist?

Hmm I'd say Money Talks by AC/DC

...and a silk smoking jacket.

Because my life is worth more than yours

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TechnocracyTheme Songs for a Televangelist?

Hmm I'd say Money Talks by AC/DC

...and a silk smoking jacket.

Niiiiiice.

But I was thinking of an original theme song.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

East Coast Hustle

I have a knack for writing jingles. I'll see what I can come up with.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast HustleI have a knack for writing jingles. I'll see what I can come up with.

8)

I wait with bated breath.

LMNO

if you need quick production/mastering, send it over to me.

Unfortunately, I can't spend too much time on any new projects, as I'm currently mixing down an ep, writing a song to be used next month in a stage performance, and collaborating on an exquisite corpse-style composition project.

Oh, and working a real job, too.

DJRubberducky

All I can come up with for the theme song is:

4 12/8 measures of 3- or 4-part vocal harmony (with orchestra, of course).  I don't have any but the last measure of melody, which would be:

( )     ( )
-----|\-----------------------------------------------|-------|--------------------
    |/          |~~~~~|~~~~~|    ( )         ( )     |       |
----,|-----------|-----|-----|----|-----------|-------|-------|-------/------------
 / ,|-\   12  ( )     |   ( )    |     ( )   |       |/      |       \     ___
--|--|--|--------------|----------|-----|-----|-----------------------/-----===----
 |  |  |   8          |          |~~~~~|~~~~~|                       )
--\--|--/------------( )-----------------------------------------------------------
   -|-
-----|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  `-'    cresc.

Fermata over the quarter note, natch.

The lyrics for this line would be something like "almighty Reverend ROGERRRRR!" or some shit.  Trouble is I don't know if I could write the rest of such a jingle without it sounding like a ripoff of Spongebob.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

LMNO

Quote from: DJRubberduckyAll I can come up with for the theme song is:

4 12/8 measures of 3- or 4-part vocal harmony (with orchestra, of course).  I don't have any but the last measure of melody, which would be:

( )     ( )
-----|\-----------------------------------------------|-------|--------------------
    |/          |~~~~~|~~~~~|    ( )         ( )     |       |
----,|-----------|-----|-----|----|-----------|-------|-------|-------/------------
 / ,|-\   12  ( )     |   ( )    |     ( )   |       |/      |       \     ___
--|--|--|--------------|----------|-----|-----|-----------------------/-----===----
 |  |  |   8          |          |~~~~~|~~~~~|                       )
--\--|--/------------( )-----------------------------------------------------------
   -|-
-----|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  `-'    cresc.

Fermata over the quarter note, natch.

The lyrics for this line would be something like "almighty Reverend ROGERRRRR!" or some shit.  Trouble is I don't know if I could write the rest of such a jingle without it sounding like a ripoff of Spongebob.

Fuck, how long did it take you to ASCII music notation?

DJRubberducky

Prob 20-30 minutes solid.  The things I do to show off. ;)
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

LMNO

DJRubberducky

Well, thanks.  Glad to know I didn't fail out of Willamette's Music Therapy program for nothin'. ;)
- DJRubberducky

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: DJRubberduckyProb 20-30 minutes solid.  The things I do to show off. ;)

Thanks.  Now we just need lyrics.

And volunteers for "faith smiting".

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: DJRubberduckyProb 20-30 minutes solid.  The things I do to show off. ;)

Thanks.  Now we just need lyrics.

And volunteers for "faith smiting".

To carry out or have carried out on?

Cuz you know I'm up for the former....

Shibboleet The Annihilator

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".