News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

'Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt - Christopher Dunn'

Started by DeusExMachina, August 26, 2010, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeusExMachina

Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt; Advanced Engineering in the Temples of the Pharaohs

I read a couple of books which go into sacred geometry of the "Ancient" civilizations and the reasons behind their construction by people like Johnathan Grey, Eric Von Daniken mainly and some others like David Wilcox who try elaborate (mainly based on dubious reasoning).  So i am hoping that this book will shed some light on the actual mechanics and construction and how it differs from the historical record from an engineer with a more methodological approach than say an archaeologist and see if the evidence actually suggest something worthwhile referencing.  Ill let you know how it goes.
'Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.'
-George Carlin

'Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.'

- Albert Einstein

DeusExMachina

I started reading this last night in bed and i thought it started out quite well without the need to mystify the book with psychobabble and banal theories about sound wave technology or anti gravity technology.

here is some of the forward

'What researcher Christopher Dunn has accomplished in Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt and in his previous work, The Giza Power Plant, is more than a paradigm shift; it is more of a paradigm seismic event. Because once a person with a manufacturing or machining background-engineer, technician, machinist, artisan-reads and understands what Dunn has discovered and analyzed in ancient Egyptian stonework, that person will never look at ancient Egyptians the same way ever again.  That reader will become skeptical of portrayals of ancient Egyptians as primitive in any sense. That reader will begin to analyze every new Egyptian archaeological discovery, to see what else conventional Egyptologists have overlooked. That reader will become part of the new paradigm.
In these pages, Chris Dunn demonstrates an underlying system of incredible precision in the machining, layout and positioning of both individual objects and groups of features, ranging from the toolmark details in the "Rose Red Rosetta Stone of Abu Roash" to the symmetries of the giant heads of Ramses at the temples in Luxor, to the layout of the column capitals of the Great Hypostyle Hall at Denderah, to the base of the Great Pyramid itself. Thanks to this work, the modern reader sits back in awe and admiration of the Egyptian geniuses of five thousand years ago.  The ancient artifacts contain amazing messages, but the stones cannot speak for themselves.  This book speaks for them.  In November 2008, i accompanied Mr. Dunn and other to what some have called "the Lost Pyramid" at Abu Roash, some ten kilometers northwest of Giza. I was anxious to see the rose-colored granite piece that the author had described to me years before, anticipating seeing the compound radial cuts and distinguishing toolmarks. I was not dissapointed.  To any technophile, this one cut stone exhibits mute arguments against primitive tools and primitive peoples. More than any other artifact, it embodies an ancient "language" that still speaks to modern engineers. I immediately dubbed it the "Rose Red Rosetta Stone of Abu Roash."  I called the stone a "Rosetta" because its discovery reminded me of another paradigm-changing artifact: in 1799, Napoleon's soldiers found a curious object embedded in a wall of an Egyptian village. Their original report "A report on a stone Found in the Village of Rosetta." describes a black rock slab inscribed with three languages, one of them being ancient Greek, the others the unknown Egyptian hieroglyphic writing and cursive or "demotic" Egyptian writing. Reading the Greek portion, the antiquarian Champollion was able to translate the names of the Pharaohs-written within cartouches-and thence the rest of the hieroglyphic writing itself. He opened up an eventual understanding of the million of carved figures decorating the ancient temples and tombs of the Nile. Nobody would ever again look at the hieroglyphic carvings as mere magical, mystical figures, but would read the translations of experts who deciphered those cuts and reliefs, uncovering the lost history of Egypt.  The Rosetta stone thus facilitated a change in the worldview of moderns who looked back at ancient Egyptians. Nothing would ever be the same. I maintain that this book has accomplished a similar feat, every bit as meaningful to an understanding of ancient Egypt, if not more so.  once understood, Dunn's discoveries will forever change the perception of the serious researcher......' - Arlan Andrews Sr., ScD

Christopher Dunn, Lost Technologies of Ancient Egypt(Vermont:Bear and Company,2010),pp(x,xi).

Looks quite well presented so far and there are lots of photos as well.
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

Elder Iptuous

I read "Giza Power Plant" back when i was in high school, and remember thinking that it was pretty compelling that there was something different about that pyramid, and that the standard explanations for its construction is insufficient.
Later when i worked in a machine shop at university, i remembered that book, and the discussions of the tooling marks that this guy shows in his book.
I'd like to go to the store and thumb through the book again and see how it fares against my skepticism filter these days...

Doktor Howl

No advanced or alien techniques were required, and the project was used to fucking bury some dude and to give the working class something to keep them busy during the rainy season.

FFS.
Molon Lube

DeusExMachina

Apparently the Giza power plant book relied a little bit too much on the geometry aspects of it so he re-examined his work from the criticism he got and made this book a lot more technical and about the tools which would have had to be used and comparing it with modern machinery to examine tool marks and such as far as i can tell.

Btw Howl are you a nihilist by anychance?
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

Elder Iptuous

if i recall correctly the inner chamber of the giza pyramid was not originally occupied by any corpse.
some later pharoh had himself stuck in there.
i believe he claimed that the tollerances on the giza one are significantly higher than those constructed later, which he said looked to him like copies made by people without machine tools.
the pics in the books showed what he claimed to be the stones from giza, and what appears to be undeniably machine tool marks.  like from a fly cutter, or something...

now i want to flip back through it to recall what his specific claims were.

Doktor Howl

Right, so that was just the aliens' control room.

My bad, carry on.
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Ancient people could do some wicked cool shit with primitive technology.  :fap: :fap: :fap:

That about sum it up?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Secret Level on August 27, 2010, 06:09:16 PM
Ancient people could do some wicked cool shit with primitive technology.  :fap: :fap: :fap:

That about sum it up?

NO, NO, PEOPLE AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO DO THAT.

THEY HAD HELP.  ALIENS CAME ALONG WITH A FULL MACHINE SHOP, AND THEN THE HUMANS FUCKED IT UP AND TURNED THE SPACEPORT INTO A GRAVE.

DUMB LITTLE MONKEYS!  THAT'S WHY OUR GALACTIC SPACE BROTHERS™ NEVER CAME BACK!
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 27, 2010, 06:11:29 PM
Quote from: Secret Level on August 27, 2010, 06:09:16 PM

That about sum it up?

NO, NO, PEOPLE AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO DO THAT.

THEY HAD HELP.  ALIENS CAME ALONG WITH A FULL MACHINE SHOP, AND THEN THE HUMANS FUCKED IT UP AND TURNED THE SPACEPORT INTO A GRAVE.

DUMB LITTLE MONKEYS!  THAT'S WHY OUR GALACTIC SPACE BROTHERS™ NEVER CAME BACK!

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS. PEOPLE KEEP FUCKING OUR PERFECT UTOPIAS UP. PLEASE COMEBACK SPACE DRAGONS FROM THE 23RD DIMENSION AND TEACH US YOUR WAYS.

Don Coyote

That being said, I might look for a copy to thumb through seeing how I do have a small background in making small bits of metal from big bits of metal.....which makes me an expert on all things manufacturing. :kingmeh::1fap:

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Don Coyote

Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 27, 2010, 06:35:52 PM
:lulz:

I am also an expert on every small arm in the world, because I go to the range once every 6months and fire off less than 300 rounds from an m249 at stationary paper.
Oh oh, and because I did a week, a whole week, solid of Modern Army Combatives, I am an expert in how to kill with my bare hands.
I also have a jar of peanut butter that still has not had life start in it, so God is real dammit.

I don't know where I am going with this...but for some reason that book, which I haven't read yet, makes me think of that.

Elder Iptuous

i don't recall that the book postulates anything about aliens.....

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Secret Level on August 27, 2010, 06:41:22 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on August 27, 2010, 06:35:52 PM
:lulz:

I am also an expert on every small arm in the world, because I go to the range once every 6months and fire off less than 300 rounds from an m249 at stationary paper.
Oh oh, and because I did a week, a whole week, solid of Modern Army Combatives, I am an expert in how to kill with my bare hands.
I also have a jar of peanut butter that still has not had life start in it, so God is real dammit.

I don't know where I am going with this...but for some reason that book, which I haven't read yet, makes me think of that.

It makes me think of what they've done to the History Channel (24/7 Nostradumbass), the Discovery Channel (GHOSTS!), and Omni Magazine (UFOS MADE TEH PEERAMIDS!).

And my heart fills up with just a little more hate.
Molon Lube