News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Flounce Epidemic? Eat a Diseased Dick.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, March 07, 2011, 08:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Princess Suu the Apostate on March 08, 2011, 03:43:02 AM
There is no escape from Discordia. She takes me for goddamn walks. I'm on her leash and her payroll. There isn't enough time in the world for shit to make sense.

:mittens:

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Nast

I've only been back for about 2 days and I've noticed that a lot of the usual people aren't on. Did a lot of people really flounce? I think I missed the drama if there was any.

But maybe it's just a busy time of year, and as the spring comes full swing people will have more time to be silly on the internets.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

BadBeast

Quote from: Nast on March 08, 2011, 08:18:18 AM
I've only been back for about 2 days and I've noticed that a lot of the usual people aren't on. Did a lot of people really flounce? I think I missed the drama if there was any.

But maybe it's just a busy time of year, and as the spring comes full swing people will have more time to be silly on the internets.
Fuck knows M8, I've been around, (Although not so much the past 3 days) and either

A/ I'm such a numb cunt that I noticed nothing, or
B/ I have evolved into a purer state of being, that does not register "flounce" on it's radar, or
C/ All of the above.

Where did Coyote go?
Who's this "Aedh" knob?
Why am I naked?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Nast

Quote from: BadBeast on March 08, 2011, 08:27:04 AM
Quote from: Nast on March 08, 2011, 08:18:18 AM

Why am I naked?

Because you're buried in a tub of ice somewhere in Mexico, short one kidney.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

BadBeast

Or maybe we'll all wake up tomorrow, and realize we are nothing more than walk on characters in Charlie Sheen's awesomeness, and that everything else was just a distraction, designed to stop us from being blinded by his full glory.   
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I just took the weekend to cool off after SOMEHOW THAT DAMNED TGRR showed off my fail-ability again...  :lulz:

I should have taken my own advice on that thread and "just stopped"... but I didn't. So mea culpa, my bad, I was wrong to tell Roger he was being a hypocrite.

But, hell I ain't leaving or flouncing, tried it too many times and failed.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

While it disappoints me to think that some creative and energetic people might (might) have stopped posting here because of our communication style, that disappointment is more than slightly directed back at them.  It seems to me that the health of these forums are somewhat related to the confrontational nature shown here, and any effort to actively restrain the tenor expressed would be counter-productive.*  While unintended escalations have a higher rate of propogation, also increased are the number of insights, breakthroughs, and admitted mistakes (the last of which are vitally necessary for progress).  And it has been shown (recently, in fact) that with an adequate preamble, even "trigger" subjects like drugs, magick, and libertarianism can be discussed relatively objectively without dogpiling and shitstorming.  In an Internet full of echochambers, it becomes almost an imperative to establish a space where polemical disagreement, and even violent agreement can be given equal time for consideration.  It has been said that innovation and creativity arise when two competing ideas clash, splinter, and reform; in which case, these forums are the plate techtonics that build mountains.

LMNO
-the "enter" key is for pussies.

*However, I still think that ideas such as the 50-Post Suggestion are valid, simply as a way to help new posters acclimate to the environment.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

PD.com: The plate tectonics of innovation volcanoes.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Dysfunctional Cunt

LMNO

Jenne

I don't flounce, but I do hang back.  If I think saying something is 1) going to cause more destruction than con- or instruction, then I skip it for now or later or 2) not crucial or vital and better left unsaid, then I STFU and let it roll.  But neither do I judge or let that judgement follow me around the board, either.  

I feel like one of those that people mean when they talk about "signal-to-noise ratio," mostly because as I state ad nauseum that I have too much going on to commit to anything more than I have.  People don't bitch here at me for it, they kindly keep such like thoughts to themselves, so I still hang out.

I like that the meta-meta-fuckingdamnedmeta posting about this place eventually winds down after it speeds up and crashes.  The period of rest is necessary so we can all get back to bitching about Obama, the economy and Discordian shinanigans.

I'll say it again:  I like this place.  EVERY facet, though a lot of it makes me cringe.  It's still PD, and it won't ever change, thank gawd.  But if people need to take a time out and chill, I think that's fine.  You all know the saying, this place is a total Hotel California...

Captain Utopia

You know - if PD were to ever go a week without some amazing piece of writing, or other form of creative genius - that would be a good time to talk about changing it.  Honestly - I am looking for different formula at EB&G, but that's because it does have such barren weeks, and there is no point trying to replicate PD when it's already here.  Think you know how it should be done?  Come over and show us your chops.  But try it here and I'll have little sympathy for you at the bottom of the dogpile.

Payne

Fuck flouncers.

I'm serious about those who take this shit too damn serious.

I don't post here hardly ever now, mostly cause I'm working and my mind has never really been good at handling one thing at a time, let alone more than that... But I'm still a member of this community dammit. And whether or not people want to get into the whole discussion of how 'valid' our 'culture' is here, I'm sure that most posters on PD would agree that this is indeed a culture, a community, of some kind.

I'm ALL for people tearing shit down and building shit up if they are so inclined, and if their urge is to do that with the very fabric of the community of which they are a part then fair enough. I only have five words for them though: Don't Shit Where You Eat.

The contradictions and paradoxes of PD are enough to make ones philosophical head twirl. There are far too many individual and entirely valid view points on what we are and what we should be doing, and the same is true for what we aren't and what we shouldn't do. The very fact that we have so few Set In Stone rules here is not enough to explain the full breadth and beauty of what PD at its best can do - no, for that we have to explore our complex social hierarchy and traditions.

I don't know what exactly this means in applicable terms. I only wish that people would hold this idea in front of their faces every time an argument starts, particularly those tiffs that start over personal style and individual influence over the community as a whole.

Preach to the fuckin' heathens jerkfaces! The purgings of The Party only come after the revolution.

~~~Payne: Not flounced, merely stuck in an endless cycle of resurrections.