News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Been An Error There Has!

Started by ~, December 11, 2009, 03:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~

Been An Error There Has!

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

If this is the guy I'm thinking of, he was held for six years on suspicion of being a hijacker working with Al-Qaeda on September 11th.  His name was mentioned in a call by the hijackers (which is flimsy as fuck, evidence wise), but he got turned away by US immigration before September 2001, and was subsequently captured at the Battle of Tora Bora.  FBI also claims they have pics of Mohammed Atta's car waiting at the airport he flew into on his attempt to enter the USA, which might lend some credence to their claims (if not for the fact the FBI are cops, and so liars.  Seeing the evidence in a court would help).  On the other hand, even under torture, he has always insisted he is not a member and that he is innocent.

Well, he eventually got charged, in 2008.  Then the charges got dropped because he was tortured.  Then they invented new charges.  Which got dropped because he was tortured and held illegally.  I think he's still in Gitmo currently, but because most of the evidence got chucked away due to torture (funny, how judges don't like it when people break the law), Holder will probably recommend him for a military show-trial.

Requia ☣

I'm four paragraphs in and there's already evidence of torture.

Do they just not understand that they're doing something illegal?  I can kindof understand why they would do this stuff, I can't figure out why they'd be dumb enough to leave a record.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Reginald Ret

sounds like it's time for a fake blog.

or blogs.

torturer's blog and victim's family blog
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: BAI on December 11, 2009, 01:34:47 PM
yeah, thats the fellow cain. the horrid thing is , the poor chap is still there.

as there is not enough evidence to release him, but enough to keep him.

The funniest part is, even if these guys are found innocent, they still stay in jail.  Forever.

:lulz:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALANDOFTHEFREEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOMEOFTHEBRAVEHAHAHAHAHAHA!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Halfbaked1

I didn't see any evidence of torture.  Physical and mental discomfort are part of any military interrogation process.  Break the subject down and destroy their belief in anything except the interrogators.  I think waterboarding, and pretty much everything that was documented at Abu Grahib was torture.  You cant do that shit.  But loud music, sleep deprivation (to a degree), yelling, denegration, and even denial of comfort are viable interrogation techniques that I would expect to be used on me if I were an enemy combatant.

The question that needs to be considered is whether these people are enemy combatants, subject to military law, or criminals, subject to criminal law in a Federal court. 

But seriously, this guy is either innocent, or the best trained Al Qaeda soldier you can imagine.  Everyone breaks eventually, and untrained people usually break fairly easy.

Cain

The blog is likely legit, I believe Time magazine did the same thing with the records in 2006 (check Qahtani's Wikipedia page for the link).