News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Rev Roger: The Heresies, chapter 1

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 14, 2003, 07:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B23.77

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Wait til you see chapter 2.

The Good Reverend needs to find enough hidey-holes, before he publishes THAT heresy.
I'm looking forward to it.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Roger, I both disagree and agree with what you wrote, seeing as both views can be useful to me at some point. I love it. I love heresy. Keep it up!

At times, some of us tend to visit and experience life from within many of the 'categories' Roger has pointed out. They are useful. And you know something else? It's time we stop refering to the writings of crazed hippies who didn't want to be referred to, ie. Omar Ravenhurst and the rest, in order to justify our own ideas. Roger is creating something new. For that I am grateful. Can't wait for Heresy 2.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

PrincessEris von Tartarus

V v v v good heresy my dear Reverend Roger! The Oxymoron within the concept of organizing disorganisation is hilarious.
Your categories are achetypes and not definite descriptions for boxes we can all be chucked into. just mere ideas and archetypes for rough descriptions of the different directions discordianism can take. i like that.

How about starting an erisian horror-scope?

:P
Atomic Assassin - Die Attentäterin - DIA/DND
International Mush Mullah with Tao Jones

Ich liebe dich mein wunderbarer Kohlkopfkiller! Du hast mein
Herz erwärmt und lässt meine Gedanken erblühen und meine Muschi glühen.... *g*

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Eris von TartarusV v v v good heresy my dear Reverend How about starting an erisian horror-scope?

:P

There already is one.  Turn on the news, on any given day.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Horab Fibslager

QuoteHow about starting an erisian horror-scope?

we ahve one at 23ae.com actually.

i'm still bitter that in msot of em the predictions are going to be painful.. last one wasn;t so bad tho.
Hell is other people.

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

sakredchao

i read this and wanted to break stuff just to embody a bit of the phage.

but then i read more, and realized that the really important thing was that someone thought that bc herb was high grade.  this is a fallacy.

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: PenumbralYou are bringing way to much order to this though.
Don't define shit!
I'm discordians when I want to be and that entails whatever I want it to.
I can call myself Erisian and fuck you for saying I'm lying.  
Degrees of discordianism FUCK that. Next we will have Saints and cliques for each "degree"
People who are clinically insane by no means are discordian or 'Erisian' unless they want to be.

I HAVE NEVER MET A DISCORDIAN WHO DIDEN"T WANT TO BE.

It?s not something you can push on anyone.
thats right we can make every man woman and child a discordian pope but lets not push this onto anybody...
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Quote from: Y.M. HutThere are no systems but those you choose to accept.
*shouts out *

AMEN

* looks around and realizes he is standing in the chior*

*shrugs shoulders*

Quote from: PenumbralThere will be chritianity as long as there are chritians.
but the question is weather or not people would realize that christianity still existed if it was practiced today as it was practised by christ.

Quote from: Y.M. Hut
Quote from: Penumbral
"There is no Discordia"? But there must be I am a part of it. I make there be a discordia. There will be chritianity as long as there are chritians.

You must understand me then, you just proved my point.

And if the system makes our choices for us, then are you saying we're all Greyfaces? Discordians included?
I'm sorry are we working from the premis that all are either discordians or greyfaces?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: khaganI'd say that most Discordians were Refugees of one form or another, rather than Wildes. Wilde is a difficult man to emulate, especially for a heterosexual such as myself.

Wilde's sexual orientation was the least part of his weirdness.

Nobody said Wildes EMULATE Wilde...they just share many of the same values.
as a Christian I'm going to have to ask why a mere genetic tendancy makes him weird...

or do we mean that his sexual orientation had nothing to do with his being weird.

Quote from: Slartibartfasti guess i just don't see the point to classifying discordians.....
I dont see the point of a lot of things but then again people also don't see the point of what I enjoy... but thaks for your addition to this thread...

* someones going to make a comment about this I'm sure*

Quote from: Rev Thwackmakes it easier for big brother dubya to track us all down and make us wear little armbands with apples on them, that way everyone knows who we are and they all know to shun us until the point in time in which the camps are finished so that they will have somewhere to put us and protect the rest of the general population from our mental terrorism, which everyone knows is the most devious form of terrorism and the hardest to protect against since we don't have to use normal terrorist support channels. And of course it's terrorism that we practice, because of how terrifying it would be if everyone woke up and started thinking on their own instead of just following along with the carfully created and expensive programing put out to them.
crackio's "breakfast of champions"

Quote from: Rev Thwackumm... wow.

I said that?

wow.

someone warn me next time. this serious thing is not becoming of me.
that was serious?!?!?