News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

ATTN: Amerispags

Started by Juana, July 30, 2011, 11:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juana

Ditto. Stupid risk.
Quote from: Cain on July 31, 2011, 01:37:39 PM
Cloud computing, in general, is a terrible idea.

I know, it's only music.  But wait until the day the music industry gets to check your credit card purchases against your actually owned music.  Because it will happen.

And then Google will ban you from every service they provide, and you'll be fucked for forever.
The great majority of my music is legal and free from the record label that produces it, so I'm not terribly concerned.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

East Coast Hustle

I don't think anything on my computer is legal.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Anna Mae Bollocks

I don't like the idea of eventually paying rent for storage space for music you already purchased, which I think is the eventual goal.

And what's going to happen to sites like Trader's Den, Dimeadozen and archive.org when they say everything has to be in a crappy mp3 format on a cloud drive? They'll get my live shows on FLAC out of my cold dead hands..
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

East Coast Hustle

My problem is much more basic. I can't imagine what would possess people to TRUST FUCKING GOOGLE with all of their data.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

I suspect that people who think cloud computing is a great idea are the same people who will be first in line for the two-way vidscreens. You know, the ones that don't come with an "off" button.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on July 31, 2011, 08:16:15 PM
My problem is much more basic. I can't imagine what would possess people to TRUST FUCKING GOOGLE with all of their data.

I don't use Google, I use Dropbox. It's seriously fucking fantastic for files you need to access from another computer. Of course, I only use it for the dryest and most practical of files.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

Quote from: Anna Mae Bollocks on July 31, 2011, 08:14:16 PM
I don't like the idea of eventually paying rent for storage space for music you already purchased, which I think is the eventual goal.

And what's going to happen to sites like Trader's Den, Dimeadozen and archive.org when they say everything has to be in a crappy mp3 format on a cloud drive? They'll get my live shows on FLAC out of my cold dead hands..
I don't think they're gonna do that. If they do, I'll dump them in a heartbeat and just buy a larger SD chip.

Quote from: Fuck You One-Eye on July 31, 2011, 08:17:50 PM
I suspect that people who think cloud computing is a great idea are the same people who will be first in line for the two-way vidscreens. You know, the ones that don't come with an "off" button.
Fuck no. It's convenient, that's all.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

East Coast Hustle

So are traffic cameras at intersections and RFID chips.

Juana

the dreadful hours

they'll have to pry my cassettes and vinyl from my cold, dead hands